FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ The 10 Years Book of Tiki Anniversary Show Opening
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The 10 Years Book of Tiki Anniversary Show Opening
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 08:08 am   Permalink

Wow, all this art work is is so cool. Little lost tiki, awesome as always. Kirby, love it.
Tobunga that's a great painting. I have to say the Stockton Islander in the background is a nice touch. Bigbro that is so cool to see the original BOT cover art. That really would be a treasure to have.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 2:47 pm   Permalink

BOT, for me, is like one of those giant golden keys that a Mayor occasionally awards. Itís just that the city the key unlocks is a lot like Disneyland. No doubt, BOT has put me on an enjoyable ride with a drink in hand. Iím happy I have a key!
Congratulations & Thank you Sven!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 2:54 pm   Permalink

I will be returning home in two days. With me, entering American soil for the first time, will be the original art work for the Book of Tiki cover, expertly mounted by the artist who painted it, Moritz R.

Originally the work consisted of three seperate painted pieces: The Tiki, the background and the letters. Moritz reunited them in a shadow box for this exhibition. It is the ONLY original art work of the cover. I should buy it, but it deserves to get the price that it is worth.

Tiki Magazine will do a cover story on Moritz next year

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 3:09 pm   Permalink

That just looks absolutely amazing Sven. Can't wait to see it in person.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 3:18 pm   Permalink

I should buy it, but it deserves to get the price that it is worth.

so how much is he asking for it???

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 4:00 pm   Permalink

Hereís my piece, it is one of the Witco inspired wood art (architectural) paintings, the building being the Royal Hawaiian Estates in Palm Springs.
I am in the middle of creating my show/s for Mondo Lounge in Vegas (Friday night) and a solo show at M-Modern in early November, Iíll post the dates here and fb if you come to any of them please say hello. Iíve been at this the last couple of weeks and my head feels like itís going to fall off. Iím hoping to try and get another piece out for the BOT show but time is becoming a factor.

Thanks for looking

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 4:23 pm   Permalink

Excellent piece there Bosko!
You're like the King midas of Tiki
everything you touch turns to....RAD!
er...GOLD!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 5:00 pm   Permalink

GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 8:42 pm   Permalink

Oouw Bosko! Me want....how can I withstand the temptations of the many fine pieces in the show that show the things I love!?

By not wanting to go broke! Moritz's BOT cover, to answer the question above, carries a price tag of 3 grand. Which is an absolutely just price for such a singular item, me believes.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 9:37 pm   Permalink

It's HEEEEE-RRR.....

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 4:41 pm   Permalink

can't wait for this event.
Hopefully it cools down between now and then.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 6:23 pm   Permalink

Here's #2 for the BOT show, I love making these but they take an inordinate amount of time to create, they are inspired by the Book of Tiki vibe, happy 10th Sven, it has truly been a pleasure.

If you want to see the newest work we're doing for our new shows take a look at
www.boskoart.com

Thanks

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-09-27 7:01 pm   Permalink

I'm sure my tires will melt on the way out there but it's gonna be good and I gots to gets there.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 7:38 pm   Permalink

If you lived thru today, you'll make it. Ouch, my powerbook is too hot...at 7:30 p.m., still.

Shuweet, Bosko, shuweet!

Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 7:59 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Sven and many Mahalos for including Claudette
and me in this great event! Great art everyone! Look forward to seeing
them all in person. Will get Claudette to post too! Here is my offering...

"Midnight Taboo"
Oil on Black Velvet
28 X 36

[ This Message was edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-09-30 16:20 ]

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation