FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 09:26 am   Permalink

Finished printing the posters last night! Here it is next to the one that I did last for year. The Blue is metallic! Wow!

Two color/ limited edition prints. Signed and numbered.
Only $20
Get one, before they run out!

The Hula Girls are on at 8:30 tonight!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 19:30, Doctor Z wrote:
Here's a quick recap of Friday night as per Daves Not Home:
5:30 P.M. - ???
Drink & listen to bands

An even quicker recap of Fri night:
Party with Z Man

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 09:41 am   Permalink

love! see you soon!

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-21 1:14 pm   Permalink

Ding Dong Devils and Hula Girls last night.....

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 07:07 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear that TikiCyn. I noticed the room safe but elected to leave my laptop and other valuables just sitting on the bed. I figured I was in Palm Springs (not exactly a hotbed of urban crime) and surrounded by hundreds of like-minded souls. Why would I need to use the safe? It guess it just shows you can't be too careful no matter where you are.

On another note, Tiki Caliente has been GREAT !! I never experienced it when it was at the Caliente Tropics, but I thought the Travelodge was an appropriate venue. Mid-century vibe, renovated rooms, and a comfortable layout that was very conducive for socializing and enjoying the great music and vending.

Thanks Rory !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 10:13 am   Permalink

Tikicyn, going the extra mile and getting a grand membership here so we wouldn't automatically think you were either the owner or affiliated with the caliente tropics was a nice touch!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-22 10:13, lucas vigor wrote:
Tikicyn, going the extra mile and getting a grand membership here so we wouldn't automatically think you were either the owner or affiliated with the caliente tropics was a nice touch!

I agree, I had ipad and all my stuff out and not an issue

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 4:26 pm   Permalink

The thing is, Rory put together an excellent event. I looked around as our band was playing, and people were having a great time! Smiles were abundant! The weather was perfect! I can't think of even one negative thing to say except I wished I had a room and could have made a weekend out of it.
But I heard some things that bothered me while I was there. heard the cops were called due to excess noise...and of course like everyone I assume it was the fine folks at Caliente next door that were doing that. Then I see this post from a first time poster, and it is such an obvious set-up I had to say something. I like Rory a lot. He is a great guy, who by creating an event like this is doing a LOT for the world of tiki...and I am 100% sure he tried as hard as he could to have the event at Caliente tropics...but they did not want us! Did'nt want to support the tiki community! So what next? Call the cops. Make a post suggesting staff at the travelodge were looting their own rooms. Anything to cast a shadow on the event.

Well, if I am wrong about that...I do apologize...but something makes me think I am not wrong about this. And Karma is a bitch!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 4:37 pm   Permalink

sounds to me like the maid staff was doing a number on the guests (travel lodge)

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-22 4:52 pm   Permalink

So what happened at the Caliente Tropics? I heard their A-Frame over the entryway collapsed yesterday because a support beam buckled? Good thing the Tiki Caliente was held at the Travel Lodge.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 6:01 pm   Permalink

Sooooo...I'm not the only one who thought it was odd the police showed up Friday night huh? Conspiracy theorists...take it away!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chrystiki

Posted: 2011-05-22 7:05 pm   Permalink

What a great weekend. This was our first tiki event and we plan on doing it again. Great meeting lots of new friends! See you all at Going Primitive!

View Profile of Chrystiki Send a personal message to Chrystiki  Email Chrystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 8:57 pm   Permalink

What a great weekend! That was one of my all-time favorite stages to play, overlooking the pool! The crowd at Caliente was really really great! Thanks again for supporting The Hula Girls!

The cops being called when we were playing was ridiculous. I really hope that they fix the a-frame at The Tropics hotel and the place succeeds and is profitable, but I keep getting the feeling that those owners were the ones who kept calling the cops all weekend. We still had a blast regardless though!

The posters that I printed are now available at our web store at:
http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/tiki-caliente-iii-poster

Can't wait for next year!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-22 8:57 pm   Permalink

Oh, and a big thanks to Rory for putting on such a great event!

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-23 09:08 am   Permalink

WOW ! What a great event Rory. We had such a great time. Everything went off well. I'm overwhelmed with all the enthusiasm over my foam and wood tiki decorations. The compliments were heard all weekend. Thank you all again. I ended up breaking my pinky toe prepping for the pool horse race with Mark Vikander but we still had a blast. I can't wait to see the video. No one saw that race coming. Now let's get some pics up to show everyone. I also have about 10 official pendants left to sell for $15 plus shipping. I have 3 colors. Purple , sand and black. They have sand mixed in with the resin to make them look like stone. PM me if you want one. Mahalos , Ray

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2011-05-23 09:25 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation