FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-05-24 12:01 pm   Permalink

More DDD...

More photos of peoples...

Now that's how you smoke a drink!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 1:32 pm   Permalink

Tammy and I had a blast thanks to Wildsville, Jeff and everyone else that made the event happen!!!

Thanks to all the friends both old and new that made our weekend the BEST TIKI EVENT ever!!!!

After reading about someone getting stuff stolen...

When the missus and I were at Pinocchio's for lunch there was a heads up poster on the wall about a couple of the locals who had been stealing stuff from hotel rooms. They had been jailed for it and after they were relesed the thefts started right back up.
The ACE and a couple others in that area had been hit, its not always the hotel staff...
There were quite a few local folks asked to leave the venue.

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-05-24 13:33 ]

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 5:05 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to Rory who continues to keep the tiki torch lit on this event and to have the vision of moving it to a new location that embraced the ohana. He actually might have inadvertently saved someones life due to the collapse next door had it been held there. So there you go Rory now you can add divine intervention to your resume. Nah your heads already full of enough delusions of grandeur, so lets thank the tiki gods for their protection and good mana. But seriously ive been to all 3 and have always known Rory would create a flawless tiki filled ambiance. Mahalo to the salt of the earth Big Tiki Dude for keeping the air filled with inspirational cocktail drinking music. Ding Dong Devils always bring the fun and performed a long set. Hula Girls created such an electric energy around the pool Friday night. Pineapple Princess couldn't stay still and she actually was at one point spotted standing on a guys back surfing him....classic. The Insect Surfers were perfect mid day poolside entertainment. The Smokin Menehunes are consistently solid and appreciated. Tikiyaki Orchestra never gets old and really brings a concert feel to every event. We stayed Sunday and the pool scene got real lively during the Insect Surfers with the synchronized pool cannon balls from at least 12 people. Dynotones as BTD says melted your face and brought the cops back out. Sunday night tied the bow on the event with some special quiet moments as the slack key guitarists performed and the sun set in the 80 degree desert sky behind the mountains. Thank you to all the room crawl hosts. Tiki Caliente number one with a bullet.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-05-24 6:17 pm   Permalink

Hey look, more photos...

"Vees fings aur dewiffus."

"Hey, keep your head off her shoulder!"

Aw how cute, he said each of the straws counted for each drink she consumed that day

Look another cutie...

What the Hell?!?!

"We can't stop here, this is bat country."

A couple more Ding Dong Devils

And now for some Hula Girls....

Now it's time to pogo!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 6:33 pm   Permalink

Lost In Paradise: Tiki Caliente III Friday Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVhDL3ArEo

Mahaloz to Hakalugi who caught my earlier blunder! Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-24 7:24 pm   Permalink

Wow!!! Where do I start? Rory, thanks again for everything. Looking forward to the next one, and thanks a lot to all the Tiki Caliente crowd who made me feel welcome. The recovery was a bit painful, but that's always a sign of good times. Glad to have been part of such a great event.

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 9:54 pm   Permalink

TC3 was off the hook. Rory every year gets better, even at a new venue. Which by the way the Travelodge & staff were great. Can't wait to go back for TC4. Crazy Al you were a great MC. Big Tiki Dude, the tunes were awesome all weekend. All of the bands sounded great. The bar-b-que by Mama's Soul Food was very good. The Sunday evening slack key duo was perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

Here are few random pictures.
The Host & the MC

Thanks Again,
Mike & Karen

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 10:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks to those who left kind notes on the background tunes for the weekend.
Especially By Mongoloid below, Wow thanks bruddah.
It's the toughest "easy Job" to do 3 days of 12 hours of music.
I am still trying to recuperate.
and I only had about 4 or 5 drinks a day.

Jeff(btd)

Quote:

On 2011-05-24 17:05, Mongoloid wrote:
Mahalo to the salt of the earth Big Tiki Dude for keeping the air filled with inspirational cocktail drinking music.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-05-24 10:43 pm   Permalink

Nice pics TikiPops!
I've got even more Friday pics up my sleeve...

The God of all Hell-fire...

...And the God of all that's Caliente!

Your new promo shot

Hey Adrian, I managed to get one photo of you!!!

Always lookin' good...

Mobile phone and hand (aka shaka) phone...

"Hey, hold me up."
"No, you hold ME up!"

He's the bad-ass (big) Tiki (dude) DJ, that's why he walks and talks that way...

Bottom of the pool score. Mucho thanks to my pogo posse!

Heavy deals goin' down at TC3

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 08:56 am   Permalink

Great photos, Tom! What you and Bonomo do for documenting the 'scene' is so important. Stoked to have you guys doing that so well!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-05-25 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-25 08:56, Luckydesigns wrote:
Great photos, Tom! What you and Bonomo do for documenting the 'scene' is so important. Stoked to have you guys doing that so well!

Thanks for the compliment Spike, the check is in the mail (and some photos too).
Speaking of photos here's the rest of the photos from Friday.
Saturday photos coming soon.

Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 2:29 pm   Permalink

Is it time for Caliente 4 yet?!?!?

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 2:35 pm   Permalink

A Rare Opportunity for the Fan's of the Tiki Seen.

2 great pieces of Original Art from 2 of the BEST this seen has to offer are going on Sale to the Tiki Public.

First....The Original Tiki Magazine Cover art by Sam Gambino
(Tiki Mag Logo,Barcode and writing not on the Original)

Second,Original Art by Derek Yaniger better Known for his art for Tiki Oasis.

If interested Contact me at
roryjsnyder@hotmail.com or go to www.tiki-caliente.com for Paypal Sale.

Don't miss out,Dig?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 3:04 pm   Permalink

Damn, and I had that Sam Gambino in my hands and it would have been FREE ! It was just sitting out so I picked it up .But I guess Im too honest so I replaced it back to the lobby for all to enjoy .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 3:40 pm   Permalink

Your a Honest and Loyal Friend Ray and thats Why I Love you. Whoever walks away with this Original is Truly owning a piece of history.
Not only is it the Original Cover of this Tiki Magazine cover,but it was close at hand when the tiki gods took down the Roof or the Tropics.

But if thats out of your price point go to
www.tiki-caliente.com to buy one of these bad boys

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation