FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-07 4:52 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to attending Tiki Caliente in May 2011 and the new better Hotel . Can't wait to drink a Mai Tai out of the new mug.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-07 8:24 pm   Permalink

Im carving out Doug Hornes tiki mug design to be the official TC3 necklace . Im carving the master in Koa wood and then Ill make V.I.P. pendants as well as general sales ones . Im "MF"ing Doug for putting so much detail in the design right now .Its great on the mug but to add all that detail on a pendant and scaling it down so tiny is brutal . Time to go out and get more bandaids .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 09:11 am   Permalink

Tiki Ray is the master of working with wood. As this event has become bigger over the last couple of years it is always fun to look back and remember how little the amount of these were made. I believe only 25 were made the first year. Now that is a hard to find collectable.

Here is me sporting 2 versions from Tiki Caliente 1. (Brown and Orange with modifications)

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rich

Posted: 2011-01-08 3:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
My wife and I are planning to attend the Tiki Caliente in May and I was wondering if any of you chaps have stayed at the Motel 6 down the street from the Travelodge? Any information would be appreciated.

Mahalo,
Rich

View Profile of Rich Send a personal message to Rich      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 5:51 pm   Permalink

Motel 666 ??

the Host hotel is the place to stay...

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 10:15 pm   Permalink

We are surrounded by hotels here in Palm Springs but it is true that the host hotel is the place to stay.

If you are at the Travel Lodge (Host Hotel) you can lounge in your room and listen to the music out on the ground and participate when you are ready.
If you are at the Motel 6 down the block,It will feel like a lifetime going back and forth if it's 110 in the shade. It's always nice to have a room near by to get out of the sun and crank the A/C with friends.

W

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-09 09:57 am   Permalink

I have a question then...
Seeing as I have to wait to get tickets till Feb. will there still be rooms at the host hotel?

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-01-09 09:58 ]

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-09 11:13 am   Permalink

The Answer is,

Yes!!!!!

A Quick idea of how this will be handled.
1. 500 people Max
2. Even though this is considered an Event,I treat it like a party and don't want it so big that it's uncomfortable.
3. We are at a new location that is 40% larger so even with the first groups booking now it should leave plenty of room for new friend
4. As I believe I am being loyal to people who have been loyal to the Event,I am also Honest...and if they do not Lock-in the room by the due date those rooms will be released to the General Public because that is Fair.
5.When the Hotel Sells Out everyone on grounds will have one last chance to order extra wristbands for people staying on grounds
6. Then wristbands will be sold to people staying off site and only what ever number is left.
7. If the Event and Wristbands Become SOLD OUT do not show up in Palm Springs thinking you will get into the nighttime events......ask some of the people from last year.
8.I hate the term General Public...I consider them future friends.

Not the biggest only the best!!!!!!

in my opinion!!!!!!! Dig?

W has left the building

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-09 3:54 pm   Permalink

Nice Strat Wildsville Man,
is your surf band gonna play this year?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 11:20 am   Permalink

To Help me M.C. and to make sure we keep this party moving in the right direction we here at Tiki Caliente have enlisted someone to offset the Wildness of the Wildsville man himself. The only thing that can surpass the Wildness is the CRAZYNESS.

Friends of Tiki Central say hello to your Tiki Caliente 3 M.C.

Mr Crazy Al,

Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 9:28 pm   Permalink

Dude, Wildsville and Crazy Al? Together? That equals MADNESS! Tiki Caliente is about to get a lil craaaazy.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 10:59 am   Permalink

Jetson,
thanks for including me in that Threesome above,
but I'm just the Mellow DJ for the weekend.
not wild or crazy.

Jeff(big tiki Dude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-13 11:04 am   Permalink

Haha Sorry Jeff. But you know we always look to you to set the mood.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-14 3:53 pm   Permalink

Damn, now that the holidays are over Im swamped but I just carved the master event pendant out of Hawaiian Koa wood . Im getting ready to start pouring molds while I work on other projects . Anyways , its a 3D carving of Doug Hornes tiki which the mug is based on as well . I hope you like it . I sell out every year so far .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-14 4:30 pm   Permalink

Great job Ray. I really like the KOA TIKI

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation