FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge new threads we need on Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
new threads we need on Tiki Central
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 10:35 am   Permalink

"How about a "Forbidden on TC" thread. It would contain such over used gems as: 'Woofmut.'"

I can't figure out why that would be a forbidden topic (it certainly wouldn't be an interesting one), but here are two thread ideas drawn from favorite Tiki Central comments:

Is The Golden Age of Tiki Central Over?

Tiki: It's About Fun!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-06 11:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-06 10:05, Swanky wrote:
How about a "Forbidden on TC" thread. It would contain such over used gems as:
"Woofmut"

You sure "woofmutt" is overused? Seems like there's plenty of room for more threads with Woofmutt in them. See, there's not THAT many!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-10-06 11:02 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 11:49 am   Permalink

Several of the threads with my name in the title are well crafted humorous (if not downright hilarious) commentary on actual threads on Tiki Central...

Woofmutt Is Now Known As Woofmutt With Sprinkles On Top

Woofmutt's First Carving*

Club Woofmutt

Gettin Tight All Over the Place with Woofmutt

Several of the other threads are shameless self promotion in an attempt to liberate cash from the wallets and purses of the Tiki public. (I was surprised to see I now have a thread in Tiki Carving. Wow, I didn't think I'd be allowed in that forum.)

(Oh, I was even more surprised that I don't have a live appearance scheduled at the Tong Hut later this month. This fits into my schedule fine, but I'm still firing my publicist.)

All the other threads with my name in them are basically just mash notes. When you put out a lotta love, a lotta love comes back.

I can see why threads with my name in the title might be chafing GROG's thong cuz look at this random sampling of threads with GROG's name in the title:

Tiki Statue Stolen! Stolen By GROG???

Oklahoma Tiki Totem Stolen from front garden shortly after GROG visit to OK City

GROG stole arrrr name....

dr.tikimojo's camera equipment stolen (similar to equipment GROG is selling on Ebay) 1300 photos of tiki oasis gone forever!

Lost camera at Kona Club, Oakland During Dinner With GROG

GROG: Buy, don't steal mugs

GROG, When is it ever cool to steal a design???

New book! GROG, Confessions of a Tiki Central Thief

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 12:54 pm   Permalink

I'm working on "JOHN-O's Guide to Woofmutt and GROG" !!

That will show up in 3 different searches.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-10-06 12:57 pm   Permalink

I wanted to post a modern example of a Swizzle Stick, but I think the Swizzle Stick threads are too hard to find. I tried looking up "Smizzle" "Kizzle", "Baba-O-Reilly", "Spoon", and "Redcoat" and found nothing. I propose the following new threads:

"Swizzle Me That"
"Swizzle Me Those"
"Swizzle Gallery"
"Gallery of Swizzles"
"Where's the Swizzle"
"Show Me The Swizzle!"
"It's a Swizzle, fo Shizzle, my Nizzle"
"Swizzley-Bear Adams"
"Plop Plop Swizzle Swizzle, Oh What A Relief it Izzle"
"Are These Twizzlers Tiki?"
"Tattoos, Chicks, & Swizzle Sticks"
"Swizzles that will make you Whizzle"
"Swizzle Misfortunes: Pictures of Swizzle Sticks I've Broken"
"Swizzle Like It's Nobody's Bizzle"
"Crypto-Swizzles"
"Swizzle Erotica Thread"
"What Swizzle Are You Using Right Now?"

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 1:41 pm   Permalink

Unga like Grog's "new threads".

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2010-10-06 17:04 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-10-06 4:07 pm   Permalink

If I Use The Search Feature Will The Boogeyman Get Me?

It's All ABout Me And I Can't Be Bothered To Read Previous Posts Not About Me Or By Me!

If I Don't Post Something At Least Once A Day I'll Die.

I'll Cry If You Comment On MY Thread And I'll Cry If You Don't.

Photos With Hanford...No Texting Please...*

*I've got this one ready to go.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 5:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-06 12:57, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I wanted to post a modern example of a Swizzle Stick, but I think the Swizzle Stick threads are too hard to find. I tried looking up "Smizzle" "Kizzle", "Baba-O-Reilly", "Spoon", and "Redcoat" and found nothing. I propose the following new threads:

"Swizzle Me That"
"Swizzle Me Those"
"Swizzle Gallery"
"Gallery of Swizzles"
"Where's the Swizzle"
"Show Me The Swizzle!"
"It's a Swizzle, fo Shizzle, my Nizzle"
"Swizzley-Bear Adams"
"Plop Plop Swizzle Swizzle, Oh What A Relief it Izzle"
"Are These Twizzlers Tiki?"
"Tattoos, Chicks, & Swizzle Sticks"
"Swizzles that will make you Whizzle"
"Swizzle Misfortunes: Pictures of Swizzle Sticks I've Broken"
"Swizzle Like It's Nobody's Bizzle"
"Crypto-Swizzles"
"Swizzle Erotica Thread"
"What Swizzle Are You Using Right Now?"

I can give you all of those. Except maybe not the Erotica. Well I can, i'm just not sure you'd like it.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 11:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-06 16:07, Bora Boris wrote:
*I've got this one ready to go.

Born Ready Boris!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 05:56 am   Permalink

Hey, where's the aloha? Why don't you guys just make yourselves a Mai Tai and relax. It's all about fun isn't it? I am no expert on Tiki and I am not a purist, but I know what Tiki is and you guys are making a big fuss about something that is supposed to be a party. Kewlit bruddahs!

w00f!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 07:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-07 05:56, Swanky wrote:
Hey, where's the aloha? Why don't you guys just make yourselves a Mai Tai and relax. It's all about fun isn't it? I am no expert on Tiki and I am not a purist, but I know what Tiki is and you guys are making a big fuss about something that is supposed to be a party. Kewlit bruddahs!

w00f!

I think Swanky had the best final words on this topic. Time to lock the thread.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 10:05 am   Permalink

Funny, I never recall a Bilge thread getting locked.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-07 10:23 am   Permalink

New threads we need on TC:

"Amazing lost Tiki temple discovered" It's been closed and forgotten for 50 years. The inside is like a time capsule. Built by Eli Hedly and decorated with tikis by Milan Guanko, Barney West, and Leroy Schmaltz. With amazing black velvet paintings by Leeteg.

"Witco and the Devolution of Tiki"

"Fire at Ken Ruzic 20 year Retrospective" All of his art was destroyed. Ironically, it was his own chain smoking that set it off. He'd still be with us if he hadn't rushed back in to save his favorite bong. Ravenne suffered some minor burns but will recover completely when she instinctively tried following him in, but the whole building collapsing in on Ruzic just as he entered saved her life.

"Congratulations GROG on marrying the Playboy Playmate of the year!"It's too bad she's a rich nymphomaniac with bisexual tendencies. But. living with her at the Playboy mansion helps ease the burden. GROG doesn't post anymore on TC because there's no internet available on the Playboy private jet they use constantly on their one year honeymoon trip around the world.

"Tom Thordarson's artistic talent magically transferred into GROG" Art has never been so effortless and fun before. GROG's last painting has been aquired by the Smithsonian, and he is starting on a commission for the President to be hung in the oval office.

"Lost Island paradise discovered by GROG and Playmate wife" At the end of his one year honeymoon trip around the world, GROG and his wife discover a lost Poleynesian island paradise. It's like Hawaii and Tahiti before they were discovered by the outside world. The topless women running around are the most beautiful women in the world. The men are the most accomplished tiki carvers the world has ever seen. The spirit of Aloha is stronger than it ever was on any previous Polynesian island. In the most extravagant Luau the world has ever seen, the islanders make GROG the honorary king of the island and present him with 25 of the most beautiful virgins on the island as his wives. He spends the rest of his life painting incredible black velvet paintings of beautiful wahines with the artistic talent he got from THOR, undisturbed by the outside world. His paintings become worth millions after he dies quietly and blissfully at the age of 105 after a night of satisfying his 25 newest virgin wives he was presented for his 50th anniversary as king. He goes down in history as the most beloved monarch the island has ever had. The whole world mourns his passing. The day he became king becomes an international holiday and is celebrated worldwide with extravagant luaus in his honor. A 50 foot gold statue of GROG sculpted by world renowned sculptor, SQUID is decorated in leis every year on the anniversary of his death. He is posthumously awarded the Nobel Peace prize and is put on the TIME Magazine cover as Man of the Century by retiring editor Woofmutt. Lucas Vigor's 8 grandchildren playing in their world famous band, the Blue Hawaiian Hula Girls, perform their #1 hit "The Mighty GROG" and it breaks all the music records as the most played song EVER and becomes bigger than any Elvis or Beatle song ever was. Sven Kirsten's granddaughter writes a biography on GROG's life which becomes an instant best seller and becomes the basis for a movie "The Passion of the GROG" which becomes the top grossing movie of all time and wins the most academy awards ever given to a single movie. Brad Pitt's oldest son, considered by People magazine as the most handsome actor in the world, plays GROG and wins the academy award hands down. A TV series spin-off becomes the longest running TV series of all time winning more Emmys than any other TV show in history. The Saturday morning cartoon series is beloved by children worldwide and is bigger than Barney ever was. Bamboo Ben's son becomes elected President of the United States due mainly to the popularity of the long running Bamboo Ben comic in Tiki Magazine which has become the largest, most circulated magazine in the world. Nick Camara's children fight over his multi-billion dollar fortune after he dies of heartbreak upon hearing of the passing of his good friend GROG. Crazy Al's commemorative GROG mug sets new records on ebay as the most expensive and sought after mug ever. The Tonga Hut, owned by Hiphipahula, is always completely packed and is the only bar licensed to sell "GROG" drinks. Her original drink, "The Passion of the GROG" is the number one Tiki drink of all time. Kirby carves a GROG pendant hoping it will finally get him in Tiki Magazine.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-10-07 10:50 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 10:31 am   Permalink

I think GROG had the best final words on this topic. Time to lock the thread.

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 11:37 am   Permalink

I think we need an auto-tune thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bduQaCRkgg4&feature=related

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation