FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge new threads we need on Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
new threads we need on Tiki Central
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 08:10 am   Permalink

Here's a couple threads needed so don't lock it yet!

1. I could care less about Tiki but I love the parties
2. Parties I went too and got hammered at for free
3. Pictures of me at parties with VIP's (heavy images)
4. I went to a free party and took 314 blurry pictures let me post them all here
5. I went to a free party and look at the left overs stashed in my pockets
6. Roll call for the free party! Post here
7. There was Tiki at that party? All I know is the free drinks were bad but complain like always here:
8. Free party calendar posted here:
9. Anyone out there have a Tiki shirt I can borrow to go to a tiki event so I look the part?
10. I don't really like tiki drinks even if free, but here's my critique

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-10-20 08:29 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 11:28 am   Permalink

LIKE.

Quote:

On 2010-10-14 14:13, aquarj wrote:
What threads make you yawn?

It has recently come to light that some TCers are interested in expressing the desire to yawn on various threads, when the opportunity arises. In other words, when they find a thread boring, they need a way to convey this important information, because, as we all know, every reaction and emotion must be documented!

So my point is, why have that information distributed on all those different threads, when it could be consolidated in one fascinating new addition to TC? Better yet, make a new thread for each individual who feels a yawn coming, such as:

What threads make bigtikidude yawn?

That should contribute nicely to the "less signal, more noise" trends we've got going.

-Randy

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 11:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-20 11:28, Coco Loco wrote:
LIKE.

Quote:

On 2010-10-14 14:13, aquarj wrote:
What threads make you yawn?

It has recently come to light that some TCers are interested in expressing the desire to yawn on various threads, when the opportunity arises. In other words, when they find a thread boring, they need a way to convey this important information, because, as we all know, every reaction and emotion must be documented!

So my point is, why have that information distributed on all those different threads, when it could be consolidated in one fascinating new addition to TC? Better yet, make a new thread for each individual who feels a yawn coming, such as:

What threads make bigtikidude yawn?

That should contribute nicely to the "less signal, more noise" trends we've got going.

-Randy

Yawn... Where IS that yawning emoticon, anyways???

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-28 5:55 pm   Permalink

The hue and cry of "less focus on tiki, on more TC forums!" has reached a feverish pitch lately. While it's true that Beyond and Bilge were created in 2002 and 2004 respectively as the places for non-tiki topics, they have a flaw. When some active threads are moved to these forums, some people have voiced anguish and refused to continue posting. So how can these voices be heard? Easy! With more threads in the main tiki forums, like these...

What non-tiki clothes do TCers wear?

What non-tiki music do TCers listen to?

What non-tiki movies do TCers watch?

What non-tiki art have TCers created?

What non-tiki locations have TCers discovered?

What non-tiki events have TCers attended?

What non-tiki food do TCers eat?

What non-tiki food do tiki restaurants also serve?

What non-tiki drinks do tiki bars also serve?

What jobs do TCers have?

What kind of phone plans do TCers use?

Do TCers do online banking?

Do TCers drive, or use public transit?

Do TCers rent, or own their homes?

What temperatures do TCers like to keep their homes?

How many pillows do TCers like to have on their beds?

NOTE: for all of these topics, it is ESSENTIAL that they be created in the main tiki forums and NOT in Beyond or Bilge, for two reasons. First, anything that any visitor to TC does in their life is by definition part of the tiki lifestyle, and is therefore tiki-related. Second, no one will look at these exciting questions and post replies if they're in Beyond or Bilge, and that's no good!

We also need more topics and threads talking about talking about tiki, and what we can talk about while talking about tiki, and what we think of the people who have opinions about what we can talk about when talking tiki. True this has been discussed ad nauseum in many threads. True that TC already has a
mission statement that gives boundaries that would be clear enough for most people, as well as specifics on "What Tiki Central Isn't". And true that the collective whole of TC topics on the various forums give a pretty clear sense for anyone who is in earnest looking for where the boundaries roughly exist. But who has time to read all that? If I want to start a new thread to satisfy MY questions about what's tiki, or to make sure everyone knows about MY perception of the injustices or inconsistencies of the written and unwritten rules of TC, why should I have to bother actually looking at what's been written before? I have a first amendment right to bring up redundant questions that troll for dissent, rehashing old issues! This is why we need more threads like these exciting new topics...

What is tiki?

Is this tiki?

How about this, isn't this not non-tiki?

Here's another one, you wouldn't tell me it's not tiki, would you?

Wait, come back, I want to show you another one! Tiki, eh?

Where are you going? I've got a serious question - tiki or not?

This had better be tiki. Only a snob would say it's not.

I seriously want opinions on whether this is tiki. Unless you think it's not tiki. If you think it's not tiki and you're bigbro or Sabu, then I guess you can post, but really I'd prefer just hearing from those who agree with me.

A-HA! They served me a cup of tea at Trader Vic's! So tea is a tiki drink right? So there, all you sanctimonious stinkers who think you know what tiki is!

I have an axe to grind about the "What Tiki Central Isn't" list. Post here if you do too!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 8:36 pm   Permalink

Like!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 12:21 am   Permalink

yawn

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 2:01 pm   Permalink

I want to see a link to a YouTube video of Lucas Vigor posting a link to a YouTube video.

Could such a thing actually exist or would it break the Internet?

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-25 11:59 pm   Permalink

OK, I know many old timers are sarcastically venting their frustration on Bilge threads like this, that Tiki Central isn't as good as it was in the "Golden Age". (So many threads that I could have posted this on any one of dozens).

To that I say check out this discussion from over 7 years ago...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5925&forum=1

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tiki Central still seems pretty healthy to me, thank you very much. Actually if anything, Tiki is probably less "flavor of the month" today than in 2003, so you might be getting a higher quality of Tikiphile these days.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 01:25 am   Permalink

We need the The More Things Change On Tiki Central The More They Stay The Same thread.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 10:52 am   Permalink

i propose we start a TIKILEAKS thread....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-31 01:43 am   Permalink

Well, I think we need the Let's discuss old threads that discuss how The More Things Change On Tiki Central The More They Stay The Same thread.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:52 am   Permalink

Another recent suggestion: due to the pervasive comments from the "tikier than thou" crowd here on TC, it has become clear we need to centralize that line of discussion in a single thread:

Who is more tiki than whom?

Actually, I've never personally seen a single instance of anyone saying or even suggesting that someone is "tiki-er" than anyone else. But given the frequency of complaints about such posts, they must be rampant! It's the Tiki Nazis and their unquenchable lust for one-upsmanship. It has been suggested that such posts have no place on TC, but what about the feelings of the Tiki Nazis? Are we going to leave them in the cold with nowhere to talk about how great they are, and how great others aren't? No, it's only fair to hear their voices too, so the time is now, let's put all that in one thread.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 10:02 am   Permalink

Randy,

I think you are reading too much in to the Tiki-er than though sentiment.

it's an unspoken (not even consciously) gone about thing.

basically just the Hoarder of tiki "stuff" gone wild.

basically it's a I need to find all the tiki stuff in the wild(thrift stores,
garage sales, swap meets) before the other tiki people do.
Or god forbid, the Hawaiiana fans get some of the precious tiki's and not really appreciate them like we do.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-02-02 12:42 pm   Permalink

We need a thread Tikikirby and Kirby are not the same person!, so that people don't confuse Kirby (Kevin) and Tikikirby (Aaron).

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-02 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-26 10:52, little lost tiki wrote:
i propose we start a TIKILEAKS thread....

That was my idea!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation