FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-25 8:30 pm   Permalink

I really do not want to continue the negativity that has been dragged into this thread but felt I needed to say something. I have known Amy for a while and she has been gracious enough to invite me to several of her events/parties. From her room crawls at Tiki Oasis to her parties at her homes in Palm Springs and Idyllwild, Amy has always been the consummate hostess. I believe Amy truly loves seeing her friends having a good time. For all her gatherings, she always goes the extra mile to ensure every detail is attended to and everyone in attendance wants for nothing. With a track record like this, I have no doubt Mojave Oasis will be no less than spectacular

All this being said, how can someone who has never meet Amy, who has never been to one of her events and who obviously has no intention of attending Mojave Oasis question her integrity and accuse her of over charging for a full weekend of activities? I can't even imagine what it must cost to buy 10 acres with two lakes on it, build a camp ground with all the facilities and then throw a weekend long party with a full luau, and entertainment. For whatever reason, some people feel the need to ask accusatory or loaded questions in a public forum and when called on it say "what, I'm just asking a question". They know exactly what they are doing.

Amy, I am truly sorry any of your endeavors or motivations ever get questioned. I know all you want to do is have some fun and share that with your friends. I am honored to be on that list and am proud to be able to call you my friend.

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-25 8:50 pm   Permalink

Woohoooo! 49 more days 'til Mojave Oasis!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 9:06 pm   Permalink

let the good times spin, er uh roll.

Jeff(btd)
aka DJ Bigtikidude

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 07:53 am   Permalink

Wow. I went to sleep, and then woke up to a shit storm?

How did this thread turn negative without my involvement?

Anyway, isn't there like 90 different lakes in Newberry Springs?

Knowing the people involved in this event...it's gonna be GREAT!

The Smokin' Menehunes are real excited to be in on the ground floor of what just might turn out to be a great tradition, one that will make all those east coast tiki people jealous yet again!

This will be the second time that the Menehunes are playing at an event that has the number 1 after it's name....yeah, that's right! We also played at the original Tiki Caliente!

Oh, and the Calico Ghost town is very close by! Might make for an interesting side trip!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-02-26 07:55 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 08:29 am   Permalink

Lucas,
You went to bed at 8:30?
You really are an old man.

Jeff (btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-26 08:29, bigtikidude wrote:
Lucas,
You went to bed at 8:30?
You really are an old man.

Jeff (btd)

Of course, Jeff! Douchebags with nothing to say need a lot of beauty sleep!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 11:32 am   Permalink

Here's some of the fine t-shirts i will be selling at my vending area...
Get em while they're HOT!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 12:05 pm   Permalink

i stopped reading the post about 830ish too... the 'shit storm'?? seemed to pipe down quickly...
Fun how TC can take a real fun idea/event and turn it into a real headache...

SPEAKING OF HEADACHES!
Doug!?? you forgot the CoCo-Toss Playing Field on your Map!!!!

I spawned this idea when B.Ben and i talked about getting an event back at Caliente Tropics after it moved to SD... But we were going to do in on the original date of June 21st... Hot!! and NO RULES! Book your own room bring your own Fun!!
Well we didn't do sh!t with the idea.... But i guess WildVille is doing his best....

SO?? Bring your own Pith Helmet! Your Own CoCoNutz!!!!!!!! and your NoFear attitude.......

Rules are the same as an egg toss...
you break it YOU LOOSE...
longest Toss WINS!!!!!!!!!
the glories of winning is your prize!

SE YA ALL THERE!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2011-02-26 12:14 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2011-02-26 2:48 pm   Permalink

HMM, $280 For two adults and 2 kids which includes all activities and Luau.
Humphreys Half Moon Inn that same weekend. Share one room for $358 both nights with tax and includes NOTHING more than the room. Sure, you get a comfy bed. But you don't get the comaraderie and adventure of camping with like minded people and friends! And entertainment is included all weekend and food is included Saturday nigh for the Luau!!! Plus Mr Smiley will be vending at Mohave Oasis. What more could you want?!?!
We are excited for this event and think the Coconut Toss is a great idea! Mohave Oasis here we come! ZAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2011-02-26 2:51 pm   Permalink

PS- Al, you have a lovely pair of Coconuts!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 3:00 pm   Permalink

Al I love the coconut toss idea and we will donate the prizes for this event! Lol

Kenny, I love the shirts!

Amy

Palm springs trailer event at the Riviera
http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/palm-springs-modernism.html

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-02-26 18:39 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The Smokin' Menehunes are real excited to be in on the ground floor of what just might turn out to be a great tradition, one that will make all those east coast tiki people jealous yet again!

Mission accomplished! SIGH! I really need to move to SoCal!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-02-27 11:46 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 09:07 am   Permalink

Well, many on TC seem to be getting bit by the vintage travel trailer bug these days

Here is a fun little link that I just found again...it shows many examples of travel trailers through out the years...have fun!

http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/html/vintage_mobile_homes.htm

cool, but not great in windy conditions

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 8:58 pm   Permalink

I'm tenting it,
but I really love the look of some of those campers, and trailers,
thanks for that Link.

Jeff(btd)

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 10:16 am   Permalink

Pictures soon!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation