FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 11:21 am   Permalink

I went to the Mojave oasis website, and noticed they had biographies on all the artists, Bill Tapia, Tikiyaki Orchestra and also DJ Big Tiki Dude…but sadly, the Menehunes were not included? Anyway, I guess no one sent the proprietors of this event our promo package, our great, big deluxe promo package…so here is a brief bio of the band in case you were wondering:

“The Smokin’ Menehunes were formed in 2003 by Kevin “Tiki Bong” Bullat and Spike “Lucky Designs” Marble (Of the Hula Girls Band) as an instrumental Hawaiian music band. Shirley Orlando was the next person to join, followed by Lucas Vigor. Originally, the band played instrumental music only, and had its debut gig at Bamboo Ben’s shop. Other early gigs included Tiki Oasis 04, the International Tiki Day at Al-ii’s pad, and Polypop’s Daughter’s birthday party. The last gig with this incarnation of the band was Biff’s “Mahaloween” party, where the incident occurred. A massive fist fight of biblical, epic proportions which tore the band asunder.
Into the wreckage strode Pat “Palika” Enos, a native of Kaneohe bay, Hawaii, who saw an opportunity to craft what was basically his own backing band…but since Kevin and Lucas were major fans of Hapa-Haole music, *(but could not sing well), they rolled with it and welcomed Uncle Pat into the fold.
In the ensuing years, The Menehunes have played at every single major Tiki Event or Tiki Bar within a 100 mile radius except for Tiki oasis. For every 1 event they play in public, they have played 10 private events…mostly weddings, corporate events, luaus, bar-mitzvas and pre-trial hearings. Expanding their repertoire to include just about every classic Hapa-Haole standard from the golden age of Tiki, The Menehunes represent the vintage wing of “Tiki” music, with no traces of neo-tiki, surf or rock in their sound. In addition to great music, the band now includes 2 of the biggest assholes in the Tiki Community, Lucas and Bong, plus Pat…who needs no explanation (Ask him what is in his thermos!). The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 11:28 am   Permalink

can you say bitter?

but I don't blame him.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 11:52 am   Permalink

hummmm..... the sense of humor here is hard to read. a little more subtlety is needed I think.......lol

"The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

Lucas, the Mojave Oasis Crew is very proud to have the Smokin Menehunes Play at our first Event! See you in 10 days!

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 12:00 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-05 12:20 pm   Permalink

Yes, GROG happy to see they will be there. GROG bringing tomatoes and rocks to pelt them.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-05 11:52, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
hummmm..... the sense of humor here is hard to read. a little more subtlety is needed I think.......lol

"The Menehunes have always been scorned, ridiculed or flat-out ignored by their fellow musicians, and rightly so! Banned from the biggest Tiki Event for the 7th straight year, they are very proud of their reputation! The Smokin’ Menehunes are looking forward to this Mojave event..and all we can say is: WINNING! BRING IT!”

Lucas, the Mojave Oasis Crew is very proud to have the Smokin Menehunes Play at our first Event! See you in 10 days!

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-05 12:00 ]

I can pretty much guarantee, if you like vintage hawaiian music, you won't be dissapointed!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, I do have a couple of questions regarding the amenities of the campsites.
Do the campsite have: water faucets, picnic tables, fire rings? I know they have electric...
Thanks!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 1:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-05 12:42, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Hey guys, I do have a couple of questions regarding the amenities of the campsites.
Do the campsite have: water faucets, picnic tables, fire rings? I know they have electric...
Thanks!

The camp sites have electric, water near the sites, not at every site like the electric. Yes to picnic tables for the group, not every campsite, no fire rings, you are welcome to bringa fire pit, travel size, we are in the desert, but have a lot of trees on the property, small firepits or stoves are fine.

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 1:30 pm   Permalink

lucas-quit bein such a crybaby!
All of vendors and artists aren't even listed...
but do you hear us complaining?
heck no!

Cause this is Mojave Oasis
and that,in itself is an honor just to be attending
and sharing this milestone with so many friends!!!!!

thank you for your time and i look forward to seeing you kids and Mr. Tapia again!
You guys played the first Caliente too!

Counting the Days!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Me Myself and Moai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 3:28 pm   Permalink

Introducing the Hollywood Bowl......Mojave Oasis edition.....and you ain't seen nothin' yet!!!!

View Profile of Me Myself and Moai Send a personal message to Me Myself and Moai  Goto the website of Me Myself and Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-05 5:36 pm   Permalink

Me, Myself, & Moai Great name Ray!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 10:08 pm   Permalink

Well I've been up here a couple days helping out. Ben is done, I'm done but still more to do to complete it. I'm telling you folks, daytime is great but nighttime will be a glowing feast for the eyes. I've been wiring for two days but I'm just bringing the power. Amy has gone over the top picking things to be just so. I've never been to an event quite what this is going to look like .Amy, I'm standing right now as I applaud you.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nelsonstikihut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-05 10:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-05 22:08, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Well I've been up here a couple days helping out. Ben is done, I'm done but still more to do to complete it. I'm telling you folks, daytime is great but nighttime will be a glowing feast for the eyes. I've been wiring for two days but I'm just bringing the power. Amy has gone over the top picking things to be just so. I've never been to an event quite what this is going to look like .Amy, I'm standing right now as I applaud you.

If anyone ever had a doubt about how amazing this place is going to be, so long as amy's name is attached to it, it's guaranteed amazing. Chris and I are both beyond excited for next weekend!

View Profile of nelsonstikihut Send a personal message to nelsonstikihut  Email nelsonstikihut Goto the website of nelsonstikihut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-06 07:46 am   Permalink

Agreed.

It will be The TIKIS for our generation.

Danny Baltz would be proud.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 09:07 am   Permalink

Us older ones who were lucky enough to go to the TIKI's cam say we've been to Tiki heaven twice!!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 09:19 am   Permalink

...while at MoJaVe OASIS, rub my nuts for luck!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation