FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Fezmonger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-18 1:36 pm   Permalink

Big thanks to everyone that made this weekend happen. We had a great time and look forward to the next one. I am in awe of what Queen K and the crew have done on such short notice! I'm still learning how to use my camera but thought a would share a few of the photos I took. Once I sort the rest I will upload them to the net.

View Profile of Fezmonger Send a personal message to Fezmonger  Email Fezmonger Goto the website of Fezmonger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 2:13 pm   Permalink

What a great place you have there Amy and Ray! Thanks for all the hard work to build us a playground! Our first words coming in the gates were "look how cute it is!". It was great having some time to talk with you both, too and get to know you a little better. I really enjoyed crawl time to get a chance to just relax and chat with those I didn't know well before and to meet a bunch of new folks, too! That's the thing about a smaller group! It works!
Lil Blue had an off the charts good time... I'll look forward to coming back, but no more tent camping for me! This old broad can't handle it! Going to have to look for a little trailer of my own now. Will post a few pics soon!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-18 3:01 pm   Permalink

Mrs. MadDog wasn't feeling too good this weekend so we hit the sleeping bags early both nites - what was up with the giant fireball over the stage? I missed that

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 3:25 pm   Permalink

Hi All, I just realized this morning that the special Moai mugs Made especially for all the volunteers were not given out, my apologies for that I should have done it yesterday. Today, I couldn't find a list so I thought I would post this here. Tiki Ray, Cindy, Big Ed, Rory, Mike Adler, Jeff & Pattie Crane, Tikipops, and anyone else I have missed, please send me a PM with your info and I will contact you and be sure to get you your mug for all your hard work this past weekend. Thanks again for being part of the event!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 3:29 pm   Permalink

Are there any extra event mugs/shot glasses available for purchase?

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 3:38 pm   Permalink

yes Roland,but you have to drive there to pick them up
DURING the next MOJAVE OASIS...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 3:41 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPops 2011-04-18 15:42 ]

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-18 15:38, little lost tiki wrote:
yes Roland,but you have to drive there to pick them up
DURING the next MOJAVE OASIS...

If you drive, I'll bring the zipfizzzzzzz....

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-18 4:18 pm   Permalink

Kudos to our sponsors: PRIMO Beer, Don the Beachcomber, Asombroso Tequila, Frankies Tiki Room, and the Tonga Hut....And thank you to The Picture Show Gallery for their donations of gift certificates for the contest winners!

It was great to see everyone having a good time...the bands, the DJ, all the great creative powers that went into the making of Mojave Oasis and YOU, the HAPPY CAMPERS!!!!

Now looking forward to Tiki Caliente where I can relax, drink and hold down a lounge chair all weekend!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 5:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-18 00:24, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
....Ever since I learned about Newberry springs and lake Loreen I was inspired to Somehow do something today like what Gus Ragosa started so long ago, he was a visionary and an amazing marketeer....
....a special thanks to Sven for reminding us all how cool tiki was, still is today and what it can be...

Amy, THANK YOU! I am in speechless awe. This was one Tiki Shangri-La that went from inspiration to realization in THIRTY SECONDS!

This IS the "Field of (Tiki) Dreams" materialized. The Queen said "Build it and they will come!"

And Bam Bam Ben and Amy's gang of artisans said "Okeee Dokee!", and they did, and there it was:

I am still in a haze:

Was this experience I had just a mirage that rose out of the desert !!???

...or was it the secret garden of some mystic order...

....where you re-unite with all your friends and family,

...and can be a carefree child again?

Well it WAS the land where milk and honey flows!:

...where the choices of intoxicating potions were so plenty...

...that ingenious solutions had to be devised!:

A place were art, music, drink, friends, and nature came together.
It was, simply said, MAGICAL!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 5:31 pm   Permalink

Here's a nice before shot from the entry, to back stage then to the bar/lake.

Mahalos to Queen K and Everyone!!!

It was Awesome!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 5:36 pm   Permalink

Thanx Amy, Ray, and everyone who helped put on this event. Of course the park itself looked amazing,and it brought a new element to this little Tiki microcosm of ours...Camping.
I think the real star of the entire event was the travel trailers and tents, which showed tons of creativity, which seems to be ever present in this community. The trouble people went through to set up their little paradise for 2 days was astounding....all to be torn down and packed away until next time.

The other star is, of course, the park itself...many different works of art, all with their own artist's identity on them,from the bar and stage to the signs, lamps, mugs and shirts, and everything else that was hand built especially for Mojave Oasis.

This will for sure be eye candy for "The New Book of Tiki" in 2060, when the new tiki revival will be documented....we're all be leaving them some great stuff to write about.

Congratulations on the maiden voyage, it was a great one !

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2011-04-18 18:29 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 6:09 pm   Permalink

A big thank you to Ray, Amy and everyone else who worked so hard to put this event on. The lake and property looked fantastic, I'm blown away you guys got that much done in only 3 months!!! Aloha drive and spirit rocks!

I had a great time getting caught up with new and old tiki friends. I just wish I had not walked in on Ruzic during his "Gentleman" time

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 6:21 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 6:50 pm   Permalink

The space gorilla in a canoe;

and at our trailer handing out Monkey Thrust shots-the drink that propelled a Chimp into outer Space!

PS- when did the gorilla escape our campsite?!??!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2011-04-18 18:58 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation