FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Mojave Oasis Pictures Pg 46 ! Something new Pg 55
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-20 3:45 pm   Permalink

This was my wife's first official "Tiki Event". She commented about how genuinely nice everyone was and that they were all good people

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 13:55, JOHN-O wrote:
BigTikiDude ??

You mean that wasn't music being played by Tiki angels from Heaven ??

Big tiki dude rules. He definitely earned his pay that weekend! Jeff is a real hard worker, who has taken a lot of crap from a lot of people simply because he has strong opinions. Thing is, he happens to be right about a LOT of what he says. I don't always agree with him but his work ethic and dedication to all things Tiki are admirable, to say the least! Unfortunate that he has been the victim of so much cyber bullying from that troll, Leleliz/Sandra Dee. The things she has posted on facebook about this decent and kind human being who has done so much for the tiki community make me sick.

But I digress:

I listened to the stuff Jeff was playing. He has a big taste in music, and a large variety of stuff was played. I Heard jazz, exotica, and yes, his surf (which I don't always care for). But his goal was to have something for everyone, and I think he succeeded. He also loaned the Menehunes his tent, so we would have some respite from the heat. (They had us out in the blazing, direct sun originally). When we were short a microphone, he immediately ran over with one of his own to lend us. Props to DJ Jazzy Jeff!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 5:34 pm   Permalink

I loved being surprised by some esoteric tune that I thought only I listened to at home, wafting across the lake. Jeff's soundscape really helped set the mood at this Shangri-La.

And here's another big guy who hasn't gotten enough public praise for all his work he put into making Mo-asis such a success!:

Mr. Tee-Bird himself: Chris Garland/ Soccer Tiki - AND his happy wife WooHoo Wahine: Thank You guys!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-20 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 17:34, bigbrotiki wrote:
I loved being surprised by some esoteric tune that I thought only I listened to at home, wafting across the lake. Jeff's soundscape really helped set the mood at this Shangri-La.

And here's another big guy who hasn't gotten enough public praise for all his work he put into making Mo-asis such a success!:

Mr. Tee-Bird himself: Chris Garland/ Soccer Tiki - AND his happy wife WooHoo Wahine: Thank You guys!

Thank you Sven!!! (And I was just getting ready to apologize for being such a "slacker" all weekend!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 13:44, HB TIKI wrote:
One of the best things about Mojave Oasis was the great MUSIC and TUNES provided by our favorite DJ," Big Tiki Dude". Jeff was providing music from sunrise until all hours of the night. Thanks Jeff, looking forward to hearing more music at Tiki Caliente in May.

Thanks to Roger, John O, Lucas, and Sven for the props.
I know it looks like the easiest job in the world.
Which it kind of is.
except for the getting there early,
setting up and breaking down in the heat.
and missing all of the fun.

But I enjoy playing/sharing good music.
so I suffer for all of you,
I realized how much I missed after seeing all of the pics.
there was sometimes hours that I wouldn't talk to anyone.
Maybe its a blessing in disguise.

I would like to commend all involved in getting this together.
and Thanks Amy and Chris, (Queen K, and Soccer) for having me as the DJ
for this event.
It was truly an Honor, and I hope that you were pleased with my tune choices,
and work ethic.

Lucas, I might have played 4 or 5 mellow surf tunes all weekend.
how lucky of you to be there for 1.

Can't wait for Oct.!!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 21:36, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 17:34, bigbrotiki wrote:

Thank you Sven!!! (And I was just getting ready to apologize for being such a "slacker" all weekend!!!

From what I saw, Chris was one Busy MFer.
I thought he did a great Job!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 13:44, HB TIKI wrote:
One of the best things about Mojave Oasis was the great MUSIC and TUNES provided by our favorite DJ," Big Tiki Dude". Jeff was providing music from sunrise until all hours of the night. Thanks Jeff, looking forward to hearing more music at Tiki Caliente in May.

who doesn't love a big lazy nordic bum playing tunes

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:10 pm   Permalink

Me!!!! Love is a strong word......it's more like tolerate

Just Joking,

Jeff is the best D.J./Pool Cleaner in the Biz.

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:12 pm   Permalink

Ha!!
You'd be surprised Joe.

Jeff(btd)

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 15:45, MadDogMike wrote:
This was my wife's first official "Tiki Event". She commented about how genuinely nice everyone was and that they were all good people

We were just so sorry that she was so sick, Mike! Wish we could've gotten to know her better but she definitely needed her rest. Next time!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:49 pm   Permalink

i agree, it was cool of jeff to play the soundtrack to a great weekend in the desert. job well done jeff!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-20 22:10, Wildsville man wrote:
Me!!!! Love is a strong word......it's more like tolerate

Just Joking,

Jeff is the best D.J./Pool Cleaner in the Biz.

I agree! Great job Jeff!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tony,
please also thank your 2 other band members.
they kept going on and on about a some of the stuff I had played.
really made me happy to get such praise.

House of Bamboo was a lot of fun.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2011-04-20 22:52 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-20 11:57 pm   Permalink

GROG enjoy the music selection, too. Good job BTD and all the musicians. GROG looking forward to the new Tikiyaki album based on the new songs they played Saturday night.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-21 07:59 am   Permalink

Ooooh! Well ain't it all one big hug fest !

To bring it all full circle, my biggest hugs for this great weekend go to these two ladies:

My wife Naomi for braving my motor home driving, and Amy for opening the Tiki season with such a smashing shindig!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation