FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-04 1:28 pm   Permalink

Cool....when it's done, make some flyers and bring them to the Mayflower and Tonga Hut Gilligan shows....

We're there to support ya Ernie !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-04 1:55 pm   Permalink

Great ideas, fellers, for promoting the show. Ernie, if you get postcards made let me have a handful or two so I can distribute them around my neighborhood. We've got a number of vintage clothing stores & comic book shops around here that probably wouldn't mind a small stack on their countertops.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 2:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-04 12:56, GROG wrote:
Howabout this flier.

Love it! But too subtle. You gotta fit in a real ugly (or even better, phallic) Tiki in there somewhere. You know that Yin and Yang, Beauty and the Beast thing. And I do believe that, as stupid as it sounds to you and me, it's also gotta say "a Tiki Christmas" somewhere. The juxtaposition is ear-catching and will make the concept clear at first glance. If you don't get them at the first glance, they will pass it over.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-07 2:30 pm   Permalink

Artists and vendors, contact GROG for a space. Making a list, and will check it twice (learned that one from Santa).

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 2:58 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure if this image is under copyright but it is iconic:

Maybe Bettie decorating a Christmas tree with Tiki ornaments and a larger Tiki in the background.

I wish I could draw.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-08 8:09 pm   Permalink

Ho!

Ho!

Ho!

Is this Merry Tikimas enough for you?

Grog,

I have always loved your December Tonga Hut shows. I am sorry I wasn't able to attend your recent Halloween event, and I do believe the reason the turnout was smaller than usual was that there were so many Halloween parties going on that day. Plus many of our ohana have children, who needed to be squeezed into their costumes and marched around the neighborhood. I recall that your Winter Wonderland shows have always been packed, and not just because of the holiday cookie competition! Artists who bring a few "seasonal" type pieces often sell out of those. Tiki Christmas tree ornaments anyone? Santa-Tiki mug for your rummy 'nog? Will SOMEONE please whip up a bunch of Tikified Santa hats for sale? Eric October, I'm talking to YOU.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-08 20:09, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

...Will SOMEONE please whip up a bunch of Tikified Santa hats for sale? Eric October, I'm talking to YOU.

Uh-oh... looks like I've got my marching orders...

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-07 14:58, JOHN-O wrote:
I'm not sure if this image is under copyright but it is iconic:

Maybe Bettie decorating a Christmas tree with Tiki ornaments and a larger Tiki in the background.

I wish I could draw.

BAZINGA!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-11 08:50 am   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-12 01:28 am   Permalink

Yay! Antonio De la Tiki in da Hut!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2010-11-17 2:10 pm   Permalink

Dang! I can't Vend this-can't make it that weekend!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2010-12-05 23:41 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-17 5:29 pm   Permalink

That's fine. GROG put you on the vendor list.

GROG

Posted: 2010-11-23 09:27 am   Permalink

Only three weeks until the always marvelous TIKI WONDERLAND at the Tonga Hut. GROG and Kirby trying to get a limited edition run of 25 Tonga Hut mugs done in three weeks! It going to be close one. We may not get ALL 25 completed, but we're going to damn well try! This how far we've gotten so far.

Mekalekahaimekahainiho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-23 09:44 am   Permalink

Only 25? I'd like to pre-order one now!

-Erik

View Profile of Mekalekahaimekahainiho Send a personal message to Mekalekahaimekahainiho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-23 09:47 am   Permalink

Me too! Pre-order for one.

~ Jason

[ This Message was edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-11-23 11:08 ]

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation