FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-10 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-09 12:55, Hiphipahula wrote:

NEWS FLASH! Just Added!.....

TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE!

Please bring your new, unwrapped toy with a value of at least $10.00 to the Tonga Hut "Tiki Winter Wonderland" and help make Christmas bright for so many children that are seeking Santa this year.
      By doing so, the Tonga Hut will reward you with * 1 FREE "Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Cocktail"

It's the giving season please Join us in giving with the U.S. Marine Corp. and Toys For Tots! http://www.toysfortots.org/

I almost forgot, "The program is for infants through 14-year-olds. As Christmas looms, Toys for Tots especially needs donations of items for older children, 10 to 14, such as books, radios or watches. The program runs out of toys for that age group first, in part because it doesn't get as many donations for those kids." I might add, Fishing Poles, First Make-up kits, things of that sort.

Saturday December 11th Doors open at 4:00
      12808 Victory Bl. NoHo Ho Ho! Ca.

*FREE "Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Cocktail" Limited to 1 cocktail per person that brings 1 toy or more, no teams, pairing or groups.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-11 10:22 am   Permalink

Merry Tiki Wonderland! See you all at the Tonga Hut with Art, Cocktails, DJ Marty Lush, Snacks, Friends & Fun! Doors open at 4:00 and I'm mixing until 10:00 pm

12808 Victory Bl. No. Hollywood

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 09:40 am   Permalink

Merry Christmas! Thanks everyone for coming out to Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland. I had a fantastic time and wow, I even had a chance to visit with you. How about that, a Tonga Hut Tiki Mug!! It took 52 years but thanks to the talent of Kirby & Grog it happened! Congratulations! Shout out thanks also to DJ Marty Lush, Tonga Tom & Sherriyaki and my side kick for the night, Sara. Thanks also Sven, Naomi, Cass.., thanks for the beautiful Volcano Bowl so good to see you, Boris...xo, Jocelyn Sia you rock! L.A. Weekly News, Lake Surfer and Andy Tiki Joe's Ocean traveled so far wow! Trader Tom, Even Santa Crazy Al Evans came down our chimney! Thanks Jeremy for everything and the stacks of pizza once again for everyone. Thanks everyone for helping out the U.S. Marines with your "Toys for Tots" donations. Most of all, thanks to our loyal friends and artists, our tiki regulars, you make a Tiki Bar a "Tiki Bar" a million Mahalo's to all of you for your friendship and support! Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

P.S. I'm off work today, Sunday. My daughter is a professional Ballerina and I'm off to the Ballet to see her as a Snowflake Demi Soloist and the Dew Drop Fairy in the Nutcracker of course. I'm pouring Monday for Sara who will be in Hawaii come hang out with me 4-8 pm we will share some original HipHiPaHulA Cocktails off the new menus

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-12-12 09:55 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 10:37 am   Permalink

My first visit to Tonga Hut was a bunch of fun! A very cozy tiki bar! Thanks so much to Jeremy for being such a great host! Thanks to Kelly and the wonderful bartenders! Thanks Marty for the great tunes that kept the holiday mood going all night! Thanks to Ernie for wrapping this whole gift up into Tiki Wonderland! Thanks to all the great vendors! And thank you very much to everyone who took a Lake Tiki creation home with them, I really appreciate your wonderful support! It was great to talk with all my West Coast friends again throughout the night, I love ya all!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-12-12 5:40 pm   Permalink

I had a great time last night, thank you GROG, Jeremy, Kelly, Kirby and everyone there who made last night a lot of fun!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 6:37 pm   Permalink

Grog, you truly inhabit the spirit of Tikimas! Once again, you put together another wonderful wonderland! Thank you to the Tonga Hut (Jeremy and Kelly!) and all the fun people and artists who showed up. I had a great time and left with some lovely prezzies for friends! (Okay...mainly for me.) I hope we all see each other soon again. Summer Tiki parties are just too far away! XOX and Aloha!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 8:01 pm   Permalink

The heck with milk and cookies. Santa wants a slice of pizza and a cocktail. What a way to kick-start the holidays ! Thanks Grog and Kirby and Jeremy and Kelly and all the people that were part of the event !!!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 9:56 pm   Permalink

I got the last two pieces of Pizza!! THANKS Ho Ho Ho!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 09:13 am   Permalink

The last box...

The last two slices...

Gave him the strength to do this...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 09:42 am   Permalink

While balancing and not dropping the mug, very fun!

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 4:18 pm   Permalink

Kelly, Grog and all of the vendors, thanks for putting on the Tiki Wonderland. It made my first visit to the Tonga Hut a memorable one. Nice to meet and talk to all of the great Tiki Central folks from the area, wish I could have stayed longer.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 11:34 pm   Permalink

Photos, photos, photos, and more photos...

Murph tries to ignore the violence against Dr. G.

Jocelyn's back!

Lake Surfer is in da Hut!

TJO is in da Hut!

Happy dudes...

Grinchy dudes...

Taboo Island is in da Hut!

"Just play cool Sven."
"What is he doing Jeremy?"

Boris won a the mug raffle, and still found time to complain about it.

Mr. October is in da Hut!

"Oh yes, it was worth the drive!"

I see GROG back there

"Nice hat Scott."

"You mean this one?"

"We three Bobs..."

"Watch me pull a mug out of your ear." This is where Kirby makes his mugs...no, really. "Hey, is that GROG back there?"

"Success!"

"Hey Tom, look at that!"

"Hey Scott, look at this!"

"peek-a-boo"

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-14 07:27 am   Permalink

Not photographed, but let's make sure they get Tiki attendance credit for the event...

1. Mrs. Bigbro (Naomi)
2. Tikipug (from Las Vegas)
3. Tangaroa-Ru
4. Dustycajun !! (who it was great to finally meet)

And where was MrSmiley ?? He was in town.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-14 07:56 am   Permalink

Wow, everybody posed with everyone, are there any possible combinations left!? Great shooting job as always, Tom.
I regret having had to leave early, missing some folks. I had a full Tiki day: O.A., Bahooka, Tonga...

Glad my shirt fits, Jason! And WHO in this group is wearing the correct shirt!?:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-14 09:16 am   Permalink

Wow, great photos, Tom. You are getting better and better. Everyone looks like they had an excellent fun time. Lots of laughing. Wish I had been there.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation