FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars back yard tiki-hut bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
back yard tiki-hut bar
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-18 11:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouraging review, Kawikasurf.......I need to finish off this one and see how it looks.
Bamboo Stu, it does look like pressure treated lumber in the photos. It isn"t though.....I had a few gallons of stain left over from another project that I used for the wall panels and roof.It is a little more green than I remembered. I am hoping that with some bamboo, matting, shelves full of tiki mugs and a couple of TiKis that it will blend into something interesting and fun.
Thanks for looking.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 10:42 pm   Permalink

a little more progress......not much spare time to work on it untill after Christmas probably

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG TIKI'S
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-17 05:16 am   Permalink

Man that thing is sweet! Would you like to share your cost on this project so far? Nice work keep the photos coming.

View Profile of BIG TIKI'S Send a personal message to BIG TIKI'S  Email BIG TIKI'S     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 10:03 pm   Permalink

thanks, big tikis. I'm not sure of the cost so far because I used some materials that I had left over from other projects. I'll figure it out when I'm done with it. I have some left over bamboo fencing and some cedar fence boards that I plan to use on the exterior.

BIG TIKI'S
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-18 06:32 am   Permalink

Great use of left over material. Was this project your own vision, or did you have something as a reference? Can't wait to see how it turns out!

View Profile of BIG TIKI'S Send a personal message to BIG TIKI'S  Email BIG TIKI'S     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-12-18 3:32 pm   Permalink

Looking good so far...love the beam!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-18 8:38 pm   Permalink

thanks, VampiressRN.
BG TIKIS, I don't really have any one thing as a reference. I just had an idea and a sketch that I had to try to turn into something. It really shouldn't be taking me so long to finish it...............I have been building it at work after hours and just have been too busy. Hope to finish it soon. If I can turn it into some kind of a kit, I'll have to make some changes (not in the design, just in the construction)
Thanks again for looking.

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 7:38 pm   Permalink

finally started doing some more work on this project

I used bamboo fencing and 1x6 cedar fencing to cover the wall panels
at the corners under the bar (where the bamboo ends) I will use some 2x10s with TiKis carved into them

I sliced a palm log in half, then cut a notch out of the back of them to cover the 2x4s at the corners.
next, I will carve them into a couple of simple TiKis

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 10:45 am   Permalink

Any updates to your project? Would love to see the final product.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 12:12 pm   Permalink

That prototype still sits un-finished.....it was a good idea but I didn't think it through as far as ease of building as a kit.

I'm working on another simpler version and hope to have photos soon.

The original hut is mostly finished and would make a cool back-yard bar.....it's just too big to get through a gate (and pretty heavy too).

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 3:57 pm   Permalink

What was your roofing plan? Was it going to be all thatch or steel/thatch?

So do you make and sell kits? I've been stuck in the design phase for 4 years...still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do and once every few months comb over the posts here on tiki central to get more ideas.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 8:59 pm   Permalink

My plan for the roof was a combination of thatch and shingles. My day job is building roof trusses, so I've been interested in some type of TiKi hut kit for awhile off and on.

Maybe this next version will be better.......I'm going to set it up in my backyard soon I hope.

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 3:42 pm   Permalink

Go man Go !!

I like what I see so far.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jah

Posted: 2012-08-23 4:32 pm   Permalink

This is really cool

View Profile of Jah Send a personal message to Jah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-16 12:33 pm   Permalink

I built this simpler version for the North County Home TiKi Bar Crawl (our home was one of the stops) A really simple design and easy to assemble. I was in a hurry, so I covered the panels with reed fencing (quick & cheap).....probably should be bamboo or bamboo and grass mat.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation