[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Atomic Tony Tiki's Gallery
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Atomic Tony Tiki's Gallery
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-07 12:53 am   Permalink

I missed the deadline for the ladies of tiki swap but I did do a picture, a pop art collage of the laste great Yma Sumac.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-01 01:35 am   Permalink

Whilst waiting for the floods to claim Bangkok, I knocked up a painting of my first tiki mug "Captain Hold Fast".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-08 7:03 pm   Permalink

AT&T,
Just spent some time working thought this entire thread and, what can I say, fantastic creations!

Quite inspiring, looking forward to seeing more...

Quick question: for your paintings, are you first working them digitally and then brush painting them?

Coolio...

Peace,
Jason

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-09 10:57 pm   Permalink

I should hopefully have new pictures up this week as I got a backlog of my pictures photographed on Monday.

Until a few years ago all my work was drawn by hand then finished on a computer. Since I started painting again, I've created some elements on computer and then transferred them to canvas using the grid technique and then painted them by hand.

Mostly these days my art is a straight from my brain into canvas via a pencil sketch and a paint brush.

You can see how I created some of these pieces in the Creating Tiki thread..

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22830&forum=18&start=0

Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 06:51 am   Permalink

Love the new stuff, Ima is great!

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-11 10:32 pm   Permalink

The Ima Sumac is more of an experimental sketch. I based it on a newspaper picture that accompanied her obituary. What I intend to do someday is do a much larger piece, with Roy Lichtenstein style halftone with gold leaf, plastic jewels,glitter paint on black velvet base. A sort of high camp exotica pop art icon.

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-01 8:02 pm   Permalink

The photo-shoot on my backlog of pictures didn't come out as well as I liked. I guess I'll have to find a repro shop with a scanner big enough to copy them directly.

Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-01 8:38 pm   Permalink

The Cannibal Cocktail Hei Tiki is great. It's a nice twist on a classic motif. I'd have said fun, but I try never to put the word fun too terribly close to the word cannibal.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-27 12:16 am   Permalink

If you can't use fun and cannibal together what about "Happy"...

The Kai Kanak aka The Happy Cannibal aka The Cookie Monster

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation