FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Swanky's Mini Mai-Kai Mystery bowl is in Australia!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Swanky's Mini Mai-Kai Mystery bowl is in Australia!
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 06:24 am   Permalink

That is killer!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-08 2:25 pm   Permalink

That looks ...expensive. But awesome!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 3:46 pm   Permalink

Already it's officially AWESOME! Can't wait to see some COLOR!

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-10 10:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-08 14:25, TikiTacky wrote:
That looks ...expensive. But awesome!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price. Part of making this project doable was getting it made where we can price it reasonably.

The Mystery Girl is the first design, the bowl she is holding is the second. It is a small version of the original 1957 Mystery Bowl, and will be available for sale by itself.

The next project is also Mai-Kai related. If you have been to the Mai-Kai, I am sure you remember this lady from Molokai:

Coming soon!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-10 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-10 10:14, Swanky wrote:
The next project is also Mai-Kai related. If you have been to the Mai-Kai, I am sure you remember this lady from Molokai:

Coming soon!

Ah yes. Remember her, know her, love her... Can't imagine how she's going to sit upright without tipping over though Tim.

Oh, and nice looking bowl! I'm intrigued by the two-piece design. Get it in the gift shop and let Hazel sell it!!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 09:29 am   Permalink

Is Hazel still there? I heard she retired.

Yes, they will look good in the gift shop. We expect to have them styrofoam packed in a full color box for easy shipping and taking home on the plane.

Here is the 3rd or 5th or 9th sketch we did for the project. This is where it started to take its final form.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-01-11 10:36 am   Permalink

Good stuff, Swankers!! GROG looking forward to seeing the finished product.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-11 1:51 pm   Permalink

Wow, now that's art, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 03:06 am   Permalink

I hadn't heard about Hazel retiring. Maybe so. Lord knows she deserves it. I haven't been there since last Hukilau and can't remember if I saw her or not, so I'm a little out of the loop.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-16 09:52 am   Permalink

An update on the sculpt. The lei has been reworked to be more like the real thing. Hope to have a casting inside of the month!

Swank Pad Productions

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 08:14 am   Permalink

And now the bowl has the Mai-Kai logo on it.

Have added lettering to back

Moving along well!

Swank Pad Productions

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 11:47 am   Permalink

i'm curious to know how you're going to get that out of a mold with all those different undercuts on the lei.

it's a great sculpt.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-23 11:47, pdrake wrote:
i'm curious to know how you're going to get that out of a mold with all those different undercuts on the lei.

it's a great sculpt.

We have one of the most talented artist and craftswomen in the country helping! It will be difficult, but she says it is indeed possible.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 08:58 am   Permalink

Did I mention that this is a 2 part project?

The mini version of the Mystery Bowl that you see in the images is actually being sculpted as a separate piece. We will not just be making the Mystery Girl bowl, but also making this small version of the Mystery Bowl as well! You can have the Mystery for one!

It will be glazed to match the original 1956 version of the Mystery Bowl.

Getting closer!

Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-02-24 10:10 am   Permalink

Very cool Swanky, lovin the sculpt. Keep the pictures coming..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation