FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tiki's
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-01-04 11:31 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Hangten, LLT, Tigertail..
Bill and Mike, Local Boy no like "snow cone".. He likes Shave Ice! ..Fly on on over one day and I'll get you one ono Hawaiian style shave ice from Local Boys..
Bill, btw how's the shave ice over there on Kauai?

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-05 01:44 am   Permalink

I figured I'd catch flak over that one

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-05 07:51 am   Permalink

Great work and great designs. I like what you're doing with glazes also.
Good job all around. Cool!

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-03-05 12:14 am   Permalink

Mike, sorry.. Just couldn't let that sno-cone thing slide...

Thanks pop, I totally appreciate that.. Your ceramics are unbelievably cool and sooooo clean, love watching your FB page to see what's coming up next!! Too cool!!

Wow been two months since the last post, time flies when your having fun..

I was finally able to finish a new mold of my Beachcomber mug and get a few made and finished this week.. I made three of these by hand before making this mold and decided it was just to much work to make each one this way so I made this mold to make it a little easier.. I wanted them each still to be slightly different so the floats on all the Beachcombers will have a different netting to each of them and also the wood grain will be a little different as well..
Too many hours of glazing..

firing again..

Tongo Da Beachcomber's Ready To PARTY!

I'm going to try and come up with more color's for the floats and will be trying out a new color instead of the Jungle brown glaze next firing hopefully too..

Keep an eye out for Da' Beachcomber's holding other things than floats too, you never know what they may find..
Aloha

www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2012-03-05 00:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2012-04-29 19:45 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 01:33 am   Permalink

Nice work Scott. I love that last picture of them all lined up. Just wondering, how many pieces are there to the mold?

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-05 06:10 am   Permalink

Love it! Looks like the Tonga soccer team!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-03-06 6:21 pm   Permalink

Eh' Tanks Brada Swizzle!!;) This is just the basic three part kine, I thought about making it crazy and adding the net before molded it but instead I kept it simple and now I add the nets to each one afterwards... More work but this way they all look a little different..

Mike, I had a few requests for soccer balls and basketballs already even a few coconuts... I see a whole Tongo Da Beachcomber sports team in the future my friend!!

Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-03-25 8:39 pm   Permalink

Well so much for soccer and basketballs this week...

This one maybe should be called Da Head Hunta instead of Da Beachcomber..
Got a little bored of knotting rope on the float last week...

Glazed him in a Glossy Sea Moss Green with some black undertones, and the head is brown rotting brown..

ALOHA!!

Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-25 8:50 pm   Permalink

That may well be the first shrunken head image I've ever actually liked. That's a great design. Thanks for posting it.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 9:04 pm   Permalink

Perfect!!!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 10:24 pm   Permalink

Creepy good. I love your glazes. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bavtech
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-26 06:44 am   Permalink

That is Fantastic... That headhunter version is awesome. On the WANT list!

[ This Message was edited by: bavtech 2012-03-26 06:44 ]

View Profile of bavtech Send a personal message to bavtech  Email bavtech Goto the website of bavtech     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-26 11:43 am   Permalink

Looking good BB!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-03-27 5:36 pm   Permalink

Professor G, MadDog, Wendy, bavtech, ATP, formerly CTIT.. Thanks for all that, he was the first one ever I did so I was stoked on the way he came too.. Mahalo Again..

Here's a couple more I started carving this week.. These Beachcombers needed a drink after a long day of beachcombing..

Got this idea from another member on here that thought it would be cool fro him to be holding Bob, so I turned him into mini mug..

This one I'm carving today here at work...
Thinking of a shape...

And a few hours later....

Not sure if I'll leave him smooth or possibly give him a lava rock texture..

Thanks for checking them out, aloha!

"TikiPop" On Instagram

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-27 5:37 pm   Permalink

LOVE, love, LOVE your mugs! Just wanted to let you know. So many artists here on TC are amazing and you are one of them! Will you be making more of your Local Boy with the Shaved Ice? I'd love to get one for myself!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation