FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tiki's
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-26 02:26 am   Permalink

Without further ado.... Tongo
He started as a lump of clay..

then after a few to many hours and a couple beers...

Here he is completed just waiting for some color..
TONGO with his warrior friend..

BACKSIDE

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-26 10:20 am   Permalink

Tongo is lookin' good!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-01-26 11:32 am   Permalink

Nice sculpt.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 6:43 pm   Permalink

Nice. I especially like the one on the right with it's wood grain and whatnot.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-26 10:28 pm   Permalink

Very cool, love the detail....

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-28 1:43 pm   Permalink

They look so smooth, you'll have to show me your mold making technique. I'm looking forward to seeing them glazed this weekend!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-01-31 5:09 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Trader Tom, GROG, TikiKIrby, tedtiki - I love the wood grain look too..

MauiTiki,Every other mold I've made up until this one I've used hand soap to coat the sculpt with. I kept getting plenty of air bubbles and in return way to much clean up on the pieces.. I did not use anything on the sculpt this time since I read the clay I used was oil based and was not needed. It came out so much cleaner, not perfect but mo betta for sure...
Learning as we go, huh??
Crossing finger's on Tongo, well see tonight, ya?

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-01-31 23:36 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 7:56 pm   Permalink

Nice sculpt man! Good luck with the molds.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-02-02 1:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Babalu, I'm learning something new each time thanks to good friends and some xlnt How-To's here on TC!
Here my first four Tongo's I've made, thanks to Rob for doing all the glaze tests they came out pretty good for the first one's. I ended up brushing 1/2 and airbrushing 1/2 on some of the glazes since I couldn't get the airbrush to flow right so there a little different than I wanted but I like em...

GROG

Posted: 2011-02-02 2:14 pm   Permalink

Looking good. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-02-02 10:24 pm   Permalink

Mahalo GROG!
The boys and I were having a little fun with the new Tongo's tonight..

Small Kine Hawaiian Style Campfire!

"TikiPop" On Instagram

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-03 7:26 pm   Permalink

They came out GREAT for your first 4! lets get some more slip and get some more going this weekend. I really like the dark one. My plan is to get the brown glaze on thicker, I think it would help your as well.

What's next? TONGA Shots?

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-02-08 10:51 pm   Permalink

Got five more ready to go, tried a couple different carving methods on them and I think there going to come out great. Need to order some more glaze though, really wish Maui had a store that had ceramic supplies..
You mean Tongo Shots? hummm I still need to make a few more Pau Hana shots..

Check Out Da Website...
www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-02-16 23:26 ]

Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-08 11:40 pm   Permalink

I think they turned out really well.

As far as glazes, I like the dark glaze with green showing through the best. However, my favorite sculpt is the one with the really deep vertical wood grain/cracks along it.

Nice job !!!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-02-16 11:25 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Trader Tom ~ Rob liked that tiki as well and it just so happened it was his B-day around the time I got them out of the kiln..

Just got the five out of the kiln and should be glaze firing as soon as I get my glazes..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation