FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tiki's
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-27 6:56 pm   Permalink

Rockin mugs

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bavtech
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Well dude those are awesome also.... The bob and Moai are so cool!

OK... SOOOO How do we get one!

Don't forget to check out my Tiki Website - www.mahalotiki.com

View Profile of bavtech Send a personal message to bavtech  Email bavtech Goto the website of bavtech     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 02:40 am   Permalink

That Tongo with the Moai is AWESOME Scott. Will he be hollow on top to drink from? You need to at least carve out a little bit from the top of his head so you can put some OP rum in it and set it on fire.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-28 1:49 pm   Permalink

We all love Bob! Every one you do is just terrific. This is a very wonderful run of mugs. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-28 6:32 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's LoriLovesTiki, It's because of all these amazing artists that I do what I do, I learned so much from hanging out here on TC.. I might do some more Local Boys later on pm me anytime if you see one you like..
Thanks again hang10tiki!
bavtech, mahalos too, I usually sell them through here on TC or ooga-mooga and also at our shop and eBay too..
Wendy, I learn from the best.. Mahalos to you!
Swizzle, I thought you'd like the BoB design more...Sorry bad picture of that Moai, they both are holding mini mugs complete w da holes, perfect for the OP rum or ??

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2012-03-28 18:33 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-04-07 02:51 am   Permalink

Finally got a chance to start the glazing on these two... Never made a BoB in my life so well see what happens, tried to get the glaze to be as close to an original as possible.. The moai is also finished and now just have to do my wood grain grain glaze on both and then see what happens in a few days when they get fired again.

Here's one of the next pieces to be bisque fired later in the week with some other Beachcomber's once they get cleaned up better.. I tried to make the Tiki's on this more weathered looking and carved some on the bowl to match Marq tiki's..

ALOHA!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-04-19 5:05 pm   Permalink

Thought I'd post pics of the mugs and troff from above that got glazed...

Moai and Bob Beachcomber's

and suck'n up a little 151 rum..

Bob's color came out about how pretty close to my vintage one, even got the old crazed glaze look..

Here's the Lava Tiki Troff, the Lava glaze in the bowl really pops in the light..

Got something Pokey in da works for the next run.. Aloha!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-19 5:09 pm   Permalink

Fantastic. Your glazes have turned out so well I'm in awe! I love the tiki holding Bob and Moai. Just Super. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-19 5:17 pm   Permalink

Genius!

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-19 8:22 pm   Permalink

Inside glaze on the trough looks amazing!

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 12:44 am   Permalink

Nice work Scott. I love seeing Bob on fire, exactly as he should be. And that troff is great.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 01:24 am   Permalink

Add it to all the great work being done by you A-Listers!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 02:44 am   Permalink

I am in Awe.....Beautiful work!

Keep em coming!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turtle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-20 08:33 am   Permalink

Gotta say it. I think you really have some great designs. Really impressed with the glaze work. Well done.

View Profile of Turtle Send a personal message to Turtle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-20 4:46 pm   Permalink

Do you have any of these still available for purchase? I'm seeing some outstanding work here.

I'm not a big time mug collector, and so my display cabinet only has room for the most inateresting designs.

Please PM, and thanks!

-Charles

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Lava 2012-04-20 16:47 ]

View Profile of Chuck Lava Send a personal message to Chuck Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation