FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tiki's
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-29 01:06 am   Permalink

I like the new shot glass Scott. As i'm not a fan of red they're the only ones i could see you wouldn't be happy with but i think the others look great.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2011-06-29 01:06 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-06-29 1:53 pm   Permalink

Are you gonna vend at the Mai Tai festival on Aug. 13th?

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-07-02 8:11 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Zerotiki, Swizzle, ya man for some reason I just really love the red glaze with the brown, I always have liked red though for some reason..
Brice, Not sure brada, Rob and I were talking about catching a plane over... Sounds like a blast, I'd love to come see Okolemaluna and you guys.. I'll let you know if it's going to happen..

Just opened OUR new kiln.. love to say that.. and happily pulled out a family of Tiki's and Shots.. Nothing cracked this time! Yay!!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 9:57 pm   Permalink

Dan is loving the trough so much that now I need one of your triangular bowls for Christmas. Is that possible? Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-08-01 6:57 pm   Permalink

Wait a minute!... Your only giving me 4 1/2 months notice Wendy??

I better get off my Okole and get busy..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 7:30 pm   Permalink

Very nice!! Your starting to gel into some nice coloring. Hope to see you again at Oasis this year.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 1:46 pm   Permalink

Yes you must get off it and produce another beautiful bowl for us. I like all the colors for the triangular bowl. When you are ready to glaze it get back to me. Right now I just can't choose they all look so good. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-08-02 13:49 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-08-04 2:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks Babalu, definitely learning each time..I think the ones I like the best are normally not even close to what I was going after..
Ok Wendy.. Sllloooowwwwlllyyyyy getting up now.. I'll talk to you soon..

Here's a couple of the regulars almost ready to get baked after some more playing..

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-08-04 14:01 ]

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 10:18 pm   Permalink

Here is another one of Scott's Tongo mugs that was a 1/1 custom made for me. We made a deal to make one another a custom mug for trade. You can see the mug i made for Scott here towards the bottom of the page.

Mahalo Scott, great mug.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-08-11 6:20 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Swizzle for posting those pictures brada!

I decided to try a couple new glazes and unfortunately had some crack.. Here's the first two in a salt glaze that cracked, I liked the glaze on a sample I did but I may have put it on too thick..

and a new color shot.. two of these with the exact same crack and I made sure to dump the excess glaze out of the bottoms.. I don't think that was it..

And here's the
ones that made it...

Kaoha Shot glasses

Little BIG Shot and Kaoha's shots..

Check Out Da Website...
www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: beachbumz 2011-08-12 14:39 ]

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 8:49 pm   Permalink

What a shame about the salt glaze ones cracking. That's a really great finish. Congrats on all the other ones that worked, they look great, especially the Tongos. Good colour combinations.

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 9:21 pm   Permalink

I have to ask this. I've never had a cracked mug. I have always used the slow ramp how about you guys? You know on the Tiki Crates I used every glaze combination and most were a mix of Duncan and Mayco. Wendy

_PS I forgot to add how terrific all those glazes are on the mugs________________

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-08-12 08:26 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-11 9:44 pm   Permalink

You may have to take up mosaic just so you can use up all those cool ceramic pieces Sorry about the mishaps, I sure hope you guys get it figured out - I'm sure this is very frustrating. Do you have access to another brand of slip? This seems rather obvious and I may have already asked, but are you sure you have 04 slip and not 4 slip? I made that mistake in the first jug I bought, not realizing there was a difference.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-08-12 1:02 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Robbie, I need to do some glaze testing with the salt glaze but hopefully I can get it to work more evenly and without cracking. I was stoked on all the other glazes that made it though, I thought they came out pretty good too..

Hi Wendy, I haven't yet tried the ramp setting on our kiln, I've just been doing the basic med setting cone 06 mode.. I think I'll look into the ramp see if that helps.. weird thing is it's only my stuff cracking, Rob hasn't had a single piece crack!! Maybe Rob is setting me up??

Hey Mike , The slip I'm using is the right type I believe, sometimes it's thinner than normal and sometimes thicker than other times, not sure if that factors inn much.. Rob and I use use the same slip and he's not having any breaks.. it's just me...
Great idea on the mosaic, at the rate I'm going I should have a enough to make a wall of shame somewhere.. Actually thought they would make a great bar topper under glass or a clear coat.. My kids wanna use them for BB gun practice,Dang Kidz.. I'm holding off on that still.!
ttyal, aloha

"TikiPop" On Instagram

Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-09-18 5:17 pm   Permalink

Howzit Ohana...
Haven't posted in awhile so thought I'd show off a couple things I'm working on..
Mahalo's to Mauitiki for the AWESOME print you gave me for my Bday of Doug Horne's Tropicana Lanes..

VERY COOL... I wanted a tiki style frame that would kinda go with the print and since I already have lots of bamboo already I thought I'd try making one.. This was my first attempt at ever at using a router and luckily I made it without loosing any fingers.. I think I'm going to invest in a small table top table saw because the cuts I made in the corners were way off but it came out okay after a little sanding and gluing.. Just need a piece of glass now..

Here's a One-Off Tongo I carved also that will be fired soon too.

K-Den, Aloha

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation