FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Final Goodbye to Kona Lanes~Costa Mesa, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Final Goodbye to Kona Lanes~Costa Mesa, CA
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 07:00 am   Permalink

I drive by the old site all the time, so it just came to mind
sorry if these photos are elsewhere...

Way back when...

That's Crazy Al & Lapu Rocker on the very last day of bowling at Kona Lanes

I just found this on the net, when they had band night at Kona Lanes...

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 07:09 am   Permalink

Better days! What's there, now?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 07:22 am   Permalink

Just this....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 09:22 am   Permalink

Actually the lot is totally razed and graded now. Not even those 1960s rock walls that stood in the parking lot are there any more.
The only trace left of Kona Lanes are the old palms that they have pulled up and grouped in the middle of the lot, probably to be replanted.

Still bums me out.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 09:49 am   Permalink

Well, doesn't that just suck!? I drove by the remnants of Premier Lanes in Santa Fe Springs last trip. What a great sign that is!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 2:44 pm   Permalink

How come there are no pics of the exterior of the building in this thread !? I don't have much, and my scanner that had the slide function does not work with my current laptop anymore, so I took some shots with a hand slide viewer in front of my ol' Canon G9...kinda worked:

The place had some seriously jetting outriggers! Took these in 1996, tried to get my Buick in the shot, not quite successful:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 2:56 pm   Permalink

What a great building. Is that your Buick, Sven?

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:06 pm   Permalink

It was... I mean it still is, but it's in the process of becoming a barn find in my own garage.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:10 pm   Permalink

I nominate a certain tall, bespeckled Costa Mesa resident to head over and check out what they have at the Costa Mesa Historical Society

Not just for the Kona Lanes but also for the Ala Moana Apts., The Kon Tiki Motel, the Bel Congo Motel and that nursery that was at the end of the 55 and Newport Blvd. right before 19th street with the Eli Headly Tiki out front.

No need to look up the Tahiti Inn though.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:11 pm   Permalink

"It was... I mean it still is, but it's in the process of becoming a barn find in my own garage"

I got a Harley doing the same thing.....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-02-22 15:12 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-22 15:10, Bora Boris wrote:
I nominate a certain tall, bespeckled Costa Mesa resident to head over and check out what they have at the Costa Mesa Historical Society

Not just for the Kona Lanes but also for the Ala Moana Apts., The Kon Tiki Motel, the Bel Congo Motel and that nursery that was at the end of the 55 and Newport Blvd. right before 19th street with the Eli Headly Tiki out front.

(With my best Southern Belle voice) Are you talking about little 'ol me, sir?
That's close by, I think a visit to the CMHS might be in order, it has been awhile since I have contributed
some "Good Stuff".....

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:33 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:39 pm   Permalink

ATP, are you bespeckled? I think there's a cream that will clear that up!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Big K, I will get some

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation