FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls at Forbidden Island 2/19/11!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Hula Girls at Forbidden Island 2/19/11!!
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 8:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-12 12:16, Doctor Z wrote:
If LapuRocker is goin', I'm stayin' home!

seems like the perfect time for Cap't Kneepads to chime in.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 7:27 pm   Permalink

Gotta see if I can make it to this event. It's my mom's bday so I'll already be in town. Got to check when the festivities are being held.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-17 10:00 pm   Permalink

Gonna nab a few of the Sac Ohana and we will be there for your show...Yee Haw!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 10:33 am   Permalink

Great! Can't wait to meet you all!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 1:01 pm   Permalink

Atomic Tiki Punk told me he (and Jungle Ginger) will be there making their Forbidden Island debut.

I'll be there as well, watching ATP's back (just in case ). So CA represent !!

This should be great intimate show.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 7:40 pm   Permalink

John O,if you need some back up,
I could be hired for security.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-18 19:40, bigtikidude wrote:
John O,if you need some back up,
I could be hired for security.

Jeff(btd)

LMAO!! I think I just about fell off the couch laughing.

I look forward to seeing any of the SoCal Ohana that show up...John-O we have been missing each other for awhile now when you have traveled this way so if you make it to FI all the better!

Oh and bring Sabu! and Doctor Z! They are well loved up here

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2011-01-18 20:12 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 8:24 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-01-18 20:11, leleliz wrote:
Quote:

Oh and bring Sabu! and Doctor Z! They are well loved up here

I agree! Please come on up!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-19 07:45 am   Permalink

I notice that this will be on a holiday weekend for some of us. This is giving me an incentive to make the roadtrip from So Cal. Seeing the Hula Girls and having a romantic weekend in the Bay area will make a nice Valentine's day surprise for my wife.

Spike are you making an awesome poster to commemorate this performance?

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 3:42 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Bring Sabu and the Doc!! They're couple of my favorite buddies in tiki land!
And yes, Rum Dog, I am planning on screen printing posters for this show...I just need inspiration to get the art going... Thoughts, anyone?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-20 8:14 pm   Permalink

I know you like to have characteristics and personalty of the establishment represented in your art work. Hopefully some of the Forbidden Island regulars on TC will put in their thoughts of what would best reflect this iconic Tiki Lounge.

Looking at the photos of the FI web site, their Facebook page, and TC archives I notice they have a "signature tiki" that you usually like represented on your posters. My suggestion is to have the tiki sitting in the big whicker Dr. Fu Manchu type chair that I saw in several pictures under some cool tiki lamps.

Hopefully this will start the ball rolling on some others (who have actually been to Forbidden Island) to give some better input.

Here are a couple of links to the pictures I found for Forbidden Island for my suggestion.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32172&forum=17

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1041220753045&set=t.66526350002

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-20 8:15 pm   Permalink

Just want to make sure, all of your sets will be in the afternoon only between 2-5 pm. That info was kind of hidding in the first post.

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 09:00 am   Permalink

We at Forbidden Island are really looking forward to hosting the Hula Girls in their debut NorCal mini-tour.
Please note, that due to a scheduling conflict, the show has been moved up. It's now 5pm to 8pm. See you all there!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 12:52 pm   Permalink

Bummer. With time change, I can't make it. Hugs to everyone!

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 8:34 pm   Permalink

All drawn up and designed! The first five people to the show on Feb 19th will receive a limited edition, hand pulled, screen printed event poster for FREE! Aloha!

I'm gonna start printing them in the garage next week!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-01-23 20:56 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation