FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events RIP Eddie Bertrand, was Benefit show for Surf Guitar Legend Eddie Bertrand at Dons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
RIP Eddie Bertrand, was Benefit show for Surf Guitar Legend Eddie Bertrand at Dons
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:25 am   Permalink

reminder,
if you can't make the show,
but would like to help out.

you can donate to a fund here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benefit-EventShow-For-Eddie-MrRebel-Bertrand/165464580157920?v=wall#!/pages/Benefit-EventShow-For-Eddie-MrRebel-Bertrand/165464580157920?v=app_4949752878

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:27 am   Permalink

Venture Mania is playing?? Awesome!
...and fyi, I have one of those Nocturne pedals. They sound great! Like a pre-amp that really boosts and clarifies your tone and signal.
This is gonna be a killer event! Did I mention that yet?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 10:09 am   Permalink

Spike,

I'd like to hear that pedal demo sometime.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 1:44 pm   Permalink

You can see demos from the builder of the pedal, here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylqsgzHR7j8&feature=related
It was originally designed to give your Gretsch guitar the bite that Setzer gets in his tone... Cool pedal... I don't use it in The Hula Girls though.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 10:27 pm   Permalink

I'm really happy that some of you are planning on coming to this event.

Jeff(btd)

Eliminators
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-03 06:25 am   Permalink

Steve Irvin Surfboards has donated this fantastic 9' longboard. It will be available in the raffle or silent auction. The board will be signed by The Eliminators and hopefully Eddie. A huge thank you to Steve Irvin Surfboards for their generosity.

[ This Message was edited by: Eliminators 2011-02-03 06:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Eliminators 2011-02-03 06:29 ]

View Profile of Eliminators Send a personal message to Eliminators  Email Eliminators Goto the website of Eliminators     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-03 08:08 am   Permalink

Wowzers! Nice Board!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-03 6:50 pm   Permalink

wow!!
so cool,

thanks for posting that Tim.
how generous is that?

Here is a post from SG101 from one of the members there and I think he's a member here too.
JoshBoy wrote:
Wow. Step back and think for a minute. A surfboard, guitar, effect pedal, band merch, and money via paypal all donated by members of this site. Not to mention the time and care donated by Jeff and other organizers, and the time & talent & music of the bands playing. It's pretty awe inspiring to see such an amazing level of support just to help someone (a surf legend, but still, just one person). Truly amazing Smile

This transcends social networking. This is true community, and I am honored to be a part of it. You are all awesome Smile
And with that said... I cant wait till Saturday!!!

See some of ya Sat.
Jeff(btd)

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-04 08:45 am   Permalink

Is it Saturday Yet?

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-04 1:03 pm   Permalink

South Bay newspaper article

Daily Breeze: Eddie Bertrand benefit

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-04 6:36 pm   Permalink

I plan to be there with my daughter, thanks to Jeff BTD and Tim HBKahuna for organizing this, and to all who contribute.
Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2011-02-04 18:36 ]

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 07:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-04 18:36, kick_the_reverb wrote:
I plan to be there with my daughter, thanks to Jeff BTD and Tim HBKahuna for organizing this, and to all who contribute.
Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2011-02-04 18:36 ]

Cool, thanks Ran,
See ya soon,
Jeff btd

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 07:54 am   Permalink

Mr. J and I are at Don's right now waiting to buy our tickets. You said to show up early.

Open the door. LET US IN !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-06 09:08 am   Permalink

What a great event !!

Surf music legends and some of the best of the Third Wave playing 8 hours of non-stop music in a historic Tiki palace.

And all for a great cause !! This was a great celebration of tribal love and community.

A big THANK YOU to BigTikiDude for organizing such a fantastic day.

Everyone had a great time and from what I understand successfully raised a lot of well needed funds for Eddie.

The room(s) were packed...

Here's BTD with Eddie who was able to attend for a short time...

I wish I could have gotten more shots of the bands but it was super crowded up near the stage. The highlight of the event was former Bel-Airs and Showmen jamming through some of their classics. That's Paul Johnson second from left, Dick Dodd (and former Mouseketeer) on drums, and DTBC regular (and former Nocturne) Jim Frias on sax. I forgot the person who was channeling Eddie but he was great (help BTD).

Here's the Eliminators with Surf music historian (and 2nd-Wave Nightrider) Jon Blair second from left.

They did a stunning Surf music version of "Bali Hi".

Tiki Central role call for the day...

left (Trevor, Tiki Kitty, "Ding Dong Devil" Caltiki), right (Chris of chrisandsarahb, Dinah, "Hula Girl" Spike)

left ("Insect Surfer" JonPaul, Mr. J), right (Jungle Ginger, Atomic Tiki Punk, Mrs. Caltiki)

left (Kick The Reverb & his daughter), right (Whorehay aka Mambo King & Dana)

Oops, I can't find HappyChi in any of my pictures. Sorry Stacey.

And oh yeah, Crazy Al showed up towards the end.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-02-06 11:14 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

Great Photos John-O.
They always capture the fun of the moment at these events.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation