FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Jerry Sun info found!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Jerry Sun info found!
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 07:59 am   Permalink

WOW! Cool developments!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blender

Posted: 2011-02-09 6:12 pm   Permalink

When will there be a feature about Jerry Sun in your magazine?

[ This Message was edited by: Blender 2011-02-09 18:12 ]

View Profile of Blender Send a personal message to Blender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 04:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-09 18:12, Blender wrote:
When will there be a feature about Jerry Sun in your magazine?

Not sure but hopefully soon (Summer or Fall issue). Thanks for the interest.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 11:15 am   Permalink

I so love it when a shred of evidence for a never before known-of Tiki Temple gets discovered - and then family members appear and add information and material. But how often does that happen with an unknown Exotica artist !!? And all the way to finding the actual performer, and the recordings? Congrats to all involved !

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-02-12 02:13 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 11:13 am   Permalink

Here's a great picture that Jerry sent me..........

He's really excited about the Dionysus release of a new Jerry Sun record!

More details soon!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-07 1:59 pm   Permalink

The Exotic Sounds of Jerry Sun LP is almost here..........

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dionysus-Records/44481549150

I'm really stoked about this release. Vintage Exotica from 1962!!!!!

Stay tuned!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-07 6:41 pm   Permalink

That's great news...I'm eagerly awaiting it's release.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

Can't wait! Jeff was Jerry seen this site? He might enjoy this photo from tacoma's library, another exotic addition,

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-08 05:53 am   Permalink

Great photo Tikicoma, thanks!!

Yes, Jerry loves this site. He got a big kick when he read that he was dead!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-08 1:34 pm   Permalink

Here's the LP cover art...........

It will debut at Tiki Oasis 2011. If anyone is interested in pre-ordering please send me a pm. It includes a free gift too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Hacienda Kid

Posted: 2011-08-05 2:09 pm   Permalink

My sister and I, as kids, used to watch the Jerry Sun Show from backstage at the Hacienda Hotel in Las Vegas during many family visits. Jerry would put chairs for us by the stage door and, at the age of about 12 to 14, I was watching a REAL Vegas lounge act from the wings! In addition to this photo, I have a couple of other items from Jerry that I will try to find and post. He was a PHENOMENAL vibes player and showman; a virtuoso, who really put on a great show. I remember some of the songs to this day and how good the band was. People like Jerry Sun are the reason I became a sound man, rather than doing something else. I can't wait to hear the new album! GREAT to find this information online -- I've been looking for a while and I always wondered over the years what had happened to Jerry. Good to see that a new audience is rediscovering his music!

[ This Message was edited by: Hacienda Kid 2012-04-09 09:35 ]

View Profile of Hacienda Kid Send a personal message to Hacienda Kid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 2:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha Hacienda Kid,

Welcome to TC and thank you so much for posting about Jerry Sun. That's a great story about you hanging out backstage during Jerry Sun's performance in Las Vegas. If there is anyway you can scan that article and photo for me it would be greatly appreciated. My email address is
exoteque@gmail.com I would LOVE to read it.

Thanks for ordering a couple copies of the album too, you're gonna love it!

Please post anything Jerry Sun that you have. I'm hoping to put all this info into an article on Jerry.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Hacienda Kid

Posted: 2011-08-06 4:22 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Hacienda Kid 2012-04-09 09:34 ]

View Profile of Hacienda Kid Send a personal message to Hacienda Kid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hacienda Kid

Posted: 2011-08-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Hacienda Kid 2012-04-09 08:57 ]

Hacienda Kid

Posted: 2011-08-06 7:50 pm   Permalink

The Hacienda Kid in front of the Jerry Sun Show sign, Hacienda Hotel Las Vegas, 1970.

[ This Message was edited by: Hacienda Kid 2011-08-06 19:53 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation