[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki on The Waltons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki on The Waltons
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 10:17 am   Permalink

i have a record that has the cast of happy days meeting the cast of welcome back kotter. i think they needed a time machine to work that one out.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 10:19 pm   Permalink

I went back and was able to find one frame on the dvd with enough detail to make a better determination about this being the Peewee's Playhouse Tiki... So here you go...

Looks like your tiki senses were pretty dead on... again...

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 07:26 am   Permalink

My visual Tiki memory is better than my visual people memory. Or maybe it's alike: Some folks I recognize right away as to where I know them from, while others elicit just a vague feeling of "Damn, I know this person from somewhere..." I have been on some wild goose chases through my archives, eventually coming up empty. But that Tiki's frown clicked in my brain archive. I have been wrong before though...once or twice

It seems to me that, judging by the material (fiberglass?), all the Tikis on the set were done by the same prop shop, though probably not for this specific show. Would be interesting to find footage from an earlier production (movie or TV) with some of these guys in it, to determine when the Peewee Tiki was made. What year was this Waltons episode produced?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 6:18 pm   Permalink

On the absence of alcohol in the drinks, Virginia State allows "Dry Counties". Maybe this tiki bar was suppposed to be in a Dry County and not during prohibition.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 4:35 pm   Permalink

This episode was from 1977.
From what I have read, the Waltons was a Lorimar Production...
Before the company was Lorimar it was MGM...
So my guess is that they came from a pre-1977 MGM picture...

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation