FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Mayflower Club with MARTINI KINGS, burlesque, magic, comedy and vintage vendors Sat. March 12th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mayflower Club with MARTINI KINGS, burlesque, magic, comedy and vintage vendors Sat. March 12th
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 4:18 pm   Permalink

looks like a great time,
bummed I missed it.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 6:02 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to all our friends at tiki central for making the trip out to the mayflower club.we had a total blast!!!!!!!!! lets do it again sometime!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 8:43 pm   Permalink

Hey, JOHN-O! Why the sour look with the pretty girl's arm around you?

PS: I dig that jacket!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 9:04 pm   Permalink

I found out that HappyChi already had a boyfriend.

Also credit her and Jungle Ginger for their great fashion sense. They picked that jacket out for me.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-03-13 21:10 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 9:07 pm   Permalink

Ouch! Flying solo again, huh? :

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 9:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I...can't see a thing...Tiki Kitty's wedding ring is ....blinding me!!!

Congratulations

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 11:05 pm   Permalink

The Martini Kings were oh so smooth, and John-O looks oh so smokin' in his new jacket. Thanks RetroDiva for bringing your beautiful vintage clothing all the way down to LA for this show. Did anyone check out the book of photos at Satan's Angel's vendor booth? She had some beautiful pictures from the 60's, including this one:

Love the classic 60's big hair. Apparently she had a cameo in "Bullit" with Steve McQueen.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 09:43 am   Permalink

It was a blast! The Martin Kings and the other entertainers were exceptional. And John-O is definitely smashing in his new blue brocade smoking jacket!

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 10:31 am   Permalink

Aloha! 
 Thank You Martini Kings for a great show, "Lotta Lounge" at the Mayflower Club. The Tonga Hut thanks the Martini Kings and friends for making the Tonga Hut your nightcap stop and after party, what a gas of an evening we had, let's do it again very soon! Fantastic Show Martini Kings!
Sincerely, Jeremy and the Tonga Hut "Bartending Bastards"

Lotta Lounge Photos and Parties
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33981&forum=17&start=last&442

Tonga Hut
L.A.'s Oldest Tiki Bar Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
Avail. for Special Events @ the Hut or Location
www.tongahut.com

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 10:56 am   Permalink

This was such a fantastic event! When is the next one?! Seriously, this needs to happen at LEAST twice annually, if not more often. We had a blast, and only wish we had arrived earlier. We missed the first few acts due to getting lost on our way there (did anyone else use Map Quest and end up in search of the elusive Tujunga St? Grrrr). We NEEDED that first drink by the time we arrived. We also decided we need a GPS.

The Martini Kings were swingin' in full force, and it was a treat to see them with all the added musicians. Sonny Moon was smooth as velvet on vocals, and the female guest singer was a great compliment to the mix too. It was nice to have a large open area for dancers, and Trevor and I were tickled to see our favorite Mayflower Club member dancing away in his sequined pink shirt and glorious silver hair. We saw him at previous shows at The Mayflower and couldn't take our eyes away.

The gents behind the bar there are always so friendly and charming, and while they had run out of them by the time we arrived, I did get a sip of the legendary Tiger's Blood martini. Deeeeelish.

Great variety in vendors and acts - really something for everyone. The "pancake guy" was hilarious!

We headed to the after-party at The Tonga Hut later, which was a blast. One favorite moment was watching Jungle Ginger, Happy Chi, and Trevor (very few people know this, but Trevor actually does have a TC handle -it's Top Cat) doing their own unique versions of the 80's dance to a song off the Sixteen Candles soundtrack followed by Jungle Ginger performing a tribute to Billy Idol by dancing with herself for at least 3 songs. Comedy gold, all night long.

John-O - Your new jacket is splendid, and MY GOD, I hope I didn't get any Blue Hawaiian on it when I so gracefully dropped Jane's purse over a whole table of glasses. *Cringing and back-stepping away from the table....*

At the risk of sounding redundant, when are we doing it again?! Again! Again!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2011-03-14 17:33 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wiki Tiki Vicki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-14 10:58 am   Permalink

Bummer. Sorry I had to miss out.

View Profile of Wiki Tiki Vicki Send a personal message to Wiki Tiki Vicki  Email Wiki Tiki Vicki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-13 21:33, bananabobs wrote: I...can't see a thing...Tiki Kitty's wedding ring is ....blinding me!!!

Congratulations

Teehee! Why, thank you!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 2:50 pm   Permalink

That was a lot of fun - great variety show. Never seen a pancake guy before. Next time I must get there earlier to do more shopping. Once the show started, I didn't want to miss a thing.

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT Goto the website of TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 4:52 pm   Permalink

ALOHA EVERYONE!it was fun to play with the martini kings extended family. hope you dug the big band. unfortunately we don't get the oppurtunity to pull everyone together alot but when we do i really dig the sounds that come off the stage.it was a blast playing with our larger 8 piece band. hope we get to do it again soon!
here is a snippet from the show featuring miss kate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Skifhyk4ro

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carolinacoconuts

Posted: 2011-03-14 5:44 pm   Permalink

I had such a fabulous time, and am disappointed that I only had my crap cell phone camera. Keep posting pics please!

View Profile of carolinacoconuts Send a personal message to carolinacoconuts  Goto the website of carolinacoconuts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation