FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
starburst
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-04 10:00 am   Permalink

Get psyched for this year's Hukilau by watching YouTube videos from past events!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHukilauEvent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Ij008El2o (Video by Chris Kridler)

View Profile of starburst Send a personal message to starburst      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-06 08:31 am   Permalink

Hukilau in the news:

http://bit.ly/haoB0p

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikigal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-06 10:28 am   Permalink

Love the phrase from the article "Retro Tourism."

View Profile of metikigal Send a personal message to metikigal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-08 8:09 pm   Permalink

A View of the South Pacific // Closed or moved or ????

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-08 8:24 pm   Permalink

Holler Waller - we are no longer having our opening event at the Museum but you can see the exhibit A View of The South Pacific at the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale through the month of June!

Aloha and see you in June!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
starburst
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-11 08:55 am   Permalink

Read about The Hukilau on Double Crown Records/The Continental Magazine. See live performances by Grinder Nova, The Tikiyaki Orchestra, The Intoxicators!, The Exotics, The Fisherman and DJs Lounge Laura Taylor, Drew Farmer, Jack Fetterman and Gina of the Jungle spinning the tropical beats! Get your tickets now! http://www.doublecrownrecords.com/2011/05/04/hukilau-tiki-festival-10th-anniversary-june-9-12-2011/

View Profile of starburst Send a personal message to starburst      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 9:11 pm   Permalink

Lost In Paradise: The Hukilau Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhwnvPG-Q4

See Ya There!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 10:13 pm   Permalink

Find out who will be facing off in The Master Mixologist Rum Barrel Challenge, sponsored by Montanya Rum and Fee Brothers:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=39499&forum=4&start=15

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-19 11:41 am   Permalink

New to Hukilau, new to Mai Kai, and questions. The second show begins seating at 8:30. The Dinner show begins at 10:30. Are they in the same room? Or do we have dinner then move to the show area? The Hukilau schedule lists Tikiyaki as in the Samoa & Tahiti Dining Areas. If I've reserved for the second dinner show, will I be eating in these areas, or would I have to miss Tikiyaki?

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 10:01 am   Permalink

The Tahiti and Samoa dining areas don't have line of sight with the stage, so if you are seated in these rooms, you will not be able to see the show. And vice versa for musical acts if you are seated outside of Tahita and Samoa. You can freely walk between the different rooms, but there is no one spot to catch everything. The best thing to do is probably call the Mai Kai and verify where your table is going to be located.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 3:59 pm   Permalink

What ticket do you need for Sunday's event? Aloha Pass only or if you buying a Saturday Day Pass, etc, can you still attend on Sunday?

2 weeks away! So ready for it

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-25 4:15 pm   Permalink

Any Pass or Wristband from The Hukilau will gain you entry to Sunday at the Mai-Kai.

The time has changed to 3:00pm - 5:00pm though so please take note!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-26 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 11:41, Bill5925 wrote:
New to Hukilau, new to Mai Kai, and questions. The second show begins seating at 8:30. The Dinner show begins at 10:30. Are they in the same room? Or do we have dinner then move to the show area? The Hukilau schedule lists Tikiyaki as in the Samoa & Tahiti Dining Areas. If I've reserved for the second dinner show, will I be eating in these areas, or would I have to miss Tikiyaki?

If you make dinner show reservations, then you are seated in th esame room as the show, no moving after dinner. If you have just dinner reservations, you will not be in the room/area of the dinner show.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-28 6:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha folks. The missus and I are making the trek to the 10th annual Hukilau and couldn't be more excited!

I am debuting two, yes 2 brand new mugs at the event. A tribute to my second favorite carver Barney West and a Moderne Hawaiian Ku to boot. I haven't done a Ku since 2003 so this had my lil brain going for a while. Both of these are way super duper limited edition so be on the look out.

We are also bringing two 4'-5'carved tikis , a Marq and Maori like the ole Sam's Seafood /Trader Vics style. Pics to follow soon .

I am finishing up a local restaurant right before I head out so I will be way ready to have fun with y'all.

Long live the Mai Kai!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2011-05-28 18:16 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-29 1:55 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Tiki Kiliki and The Hukilau on 10 fun filled years!

I'm super proud to be a part of the fun this year while Lake Tiki also celebrates, Ten Years of Tiki Art!

My Anniversary Collection features new and very unique pieces inspired by the wilds of Papua New Guinea.

In addition are pieces inspired by the Cook Islands, Marquesan Islands, Hawaiian Islands and Polynesian Pop icons.

It has been a long, cold winter here in the Midwest, but it has inspired me to create some really special carvings, and I am looking forward to debuting them all at The Hukilau!

See you all very soon in Fort Lauderdale! Safe travels everyone!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation