FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-29 4:08 pm   Permalink

I'm arranging bail in advance for me, Lake, and Diablo.
Member #490

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-30 12:27 am   Permalink

Oh thank God, at least one of us is planning ahead! Ya know this year the three of us are not all lined up in the vendors area. Ha all the more reason to escape my booth. Although I did catch a nap one year under my table.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2011-05-30 00:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-30 6:49 pm   Permalink

On Sat night, if all I want to do is have drinks and see Tikiyaki O., do I need to make reservations for anything?

I'm assuming the dinner show is the Mai Kai's regular Polynesian Review, is this correct ??

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-30 7:00 pm   Permalink

John-O - the dancers and Mrs. Thornton have been practicing for months for the night of Hukilau. They have told me it is going to be a brand new show filled with many surprises. If you have never seen that show surrounded by ohana at The Hukilau then you are truly missing something.

You cannot show up at the Mai-Kai during dinner show hours without a reservation. Let them know that you are there to see Tikiyaki in the back room and they'll let you go to the back.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-30 10:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-29 16:08, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I'm arranging bail in advance for me, Lake, and Diablo.

Are you putting that on your credit card BK?

Just wanted to make sure we didn't exceed any credit limits with a three man wrecking crew!

Quote:

On 2011-05-30 00:27, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Ya know this year the three of us are not all lined up in the vendors area. Ha all the more reason to escape my booth. Although I did catch a nap one year under my table.

Danny, I'm just a couplefew down from you, so anytime you wanna catch some z's under the table, I'll keep an eye on your booth!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 12:40 am   Permalink

OK so what is the password? hmmmm..... how about Sheboygan?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 10:32 am   Permalink

Right on Danny.

Looking forward to seeing you... its been a while!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikigal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-31 12:39 pm   Permalink

We have reservations for the late dinner show. Does this mean we will be missing out on bands while watching the show? From reading earlier do we eat first then watch the show? I'm confused - need a beginner's guide to Hukilau!

View Profile of metikigal Send a personal message to metikigal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-01 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-25 16:15, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Any Pass or Wristband from The Hukilau will gain you entry to Sunday at the Mai-Kai.

The time has changed to 3:00pm - 5:00pm though so please take note!

You're killing me with these cancellations and schedule changes. Now I'll have to miss Sunday entirely.

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-01 11:30 am   Permalink

There really haven't been that many changes, we are accommodating everything the best we can. We changed the time in order to coordinate with Dick Dale. There is so much to enjoy over the weekend....

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-01 12:52 pm   Permalink

After the evening at the MaiKai, you may not make it out of bed till around 3pm!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-02 02:43 am   Permalink

One week!!! I can almost feel a Black Magic in my hand already.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-04 2:39 pm   Permalink

For those into the Mid-Century architechture, the Mai-Kai's architect, Charles McKirahan, has many great buildings still in the Fort Lauderdael area, and on your way to the hotel from the airport and especially on your way to the Mai-Kai. Make a stop and see some great stuff!

Details here

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-05 11:13 am   Permalink

Check out our special retrospective with video clips from all 10 years ...

The Hukilau weathers many storms to celebrate 10 years of Tiki madness

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2011/06/05/the-hukilau-weathers-many-storms-to-celebrate-10-years-of-tiki-madness/

Can't wait for the madness to begin anew!

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-05 8:12 pm   Permalink

DJ Lounge Laura Taylor and Drew from Stolen Idols are looking forward to spinning deep exotica cuts this weekend at the 10th Anniversary of THEE HUKILAU! Looking forward to seeing you!
http://www.thehukilau.com/2011/entertainment/
We're at the Harold Golen exhibition Thursday from 5-7p,
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry & the Rum Rat Pack Meet and Greet, 3pm Friday and various other times, along with Jack Fetterman and Gina of the Jungle...tag teaming to bring you the most potent mix of polynesian polyphony legal in the Northern Hemisphere!

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation