FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-15 08:02 am   Permalink

Just want to say a quick thanks to everyone we met. it was our first Hukilau or any kind of tiki get together and it was simply amazing, if not a little life changing.

Beyond coming home with some SWEET tiki stuff for our pad, (tiki Diablo rules!) I think the best thing we brought home were all the amazing friends we made at the event. Tiki 65, Trader Scott, Sonya and Geoff the newlyweds, Kimmie, Jason Tiki Tackett... oh geez, the list goes on and on... but seriously, you're ALL awesome people and I'm glad to know you.

DJ Coffman

View Profile of yirmumah Send a personal message to yirmumah  Email yirmumah Goto the website of yirmumah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-15 5:27 pm   Permalink

Was great meeting the two of you, DJ. You're welcome at Trader Scott's any time you're headed south.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-15 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-14 10:02, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! wrote:
A show just isn't a show without a special guest star or two...

*GRIN*

Thought you'd enjoy this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJwqofXq8w

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-16 11:32 pm   Permalink

Lost In Paradise: The Hukilau Kick Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxGLrEobRE

Cheers

Chris

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-17 04:46 am   Permalink

Chris,

Great meeting you at Hukilau, and thanks for recording what are, sadly, already just memories of a grand and merry tiki event. I know this was a labor of love for you, but it also meant you sacrificed a lot of your own personal time doing the camera mechanics.

-Tom

Chris on the Bahia Cabana poolside at Hukilau opening

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-17 06:46 am   Permalink

Awesome !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 09:28 am   Permalink

Can't believe Hukilau 2011 is already over... Crazy!

Just wanted to say a few thank you's to some much deserving people...
First of all to Lewis Bailey... We ran our own sound and lights this year... which is not an easy task by any means... The plan was for Lewis, and I to both work on this together... except I ended up with a case of food poisoning Thursday night... I played my set with The Intoxicators! even though I was sick, and immediately went back to my room to throw up some more...
This continued for pretty much the whole weekend... Lewis picked up the slack Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and did a great job... The guys in The Intoxicators! also helped out... so they deserve thanks too...
I heard about Lewis doing a crazy jam session in the penthouse since we couldn't do The Disasternauts gig like we had planned... There's even a youtube clip from it... Crazy!!!
Speaking of Crazy... I heard the rumor that The Disasternauts drummer missed the gig because he had the runs... This makes no since since everyone knows that astronauts wear diapers anyway... lol

OK... back to the Thank you's...

Mike Jones for the use of your PA... the chili, coffee, and mojitos on Wednesday...
Joe and Nicole Desmond for the ride back from The Mai Kai on Wednesday... and also for driving around the block real slow so we could sing Midnight Train to Georgia...
King Kukulele, The Exotics, Fisherman, Ekaterina, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Grinder Nova, Marina The Fire Eating Mermaid, and her pod-o-mermaids, The Intoxicators!, Jeff Berry and the Rum Rat Pack (seriously one of the most amazing things I have seen at Hukilau ever... at The Mai Kai no less!!!), Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, Paul Roe, Vintage Roadside, Laura and Drew, Jack and Gina, DJ Sensitive Side, Mikey Ramirez, James Brown's Sweat, and The Disasternauts... Thank you all. You put on amazing performances/seminars/dj sets. I have heard nothing but positive reviews...

Thanks to Tiki Kiliki, and Amy, and Mike, and Jim, and Chris, and Dave, and John, and Aaron for all of their work to put on this amazing event...
Harold Golen Gallery for bringing Bunny Yeagar pictures back to Hukilau...
Oh... Can't forget Go-11 Media... They were everywhere with their green screen... They are totally nice people and they totally saved me... My daughter told me not to come back from Hukilau without a picture of me hanging out with Marina The Mermaid... and they made sure that this happened...
If you need some photo/video/web site/web hosting work give them a call...
http://go11media.com

Thanks again to Woody Compton from Comptone Drums and his wife Kim for helping me out too... The cherry stave snare drum that he built for me is the most amazing drum I have ever played... If you saw me playing on Friday or Saturday you got to hear it... AMAZING!!!! http://www.comptone.com

Also thanks to Gary M. for the use of his vibraphone... Some of you may remember him from playing marimba with The Robert Drasnin Orchestra at Hukilau several years ago... A heck of a nice guy for letting us use his personal gear... setting it up... and delivering it to every venue...

Last but not least, thank you to The Mai Kai. AMAZING as always. Let's do this again next year...

Cheers!
Brian Crum

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 09:30 am   Permalink

It was great to see you again Chris.First video is really cool and can't wait for more..Lost in Paradise is definitely my favorite Youtube channel...

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Tim 2011-06-17 09:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 1:54 pm   Permalink

At last! Proof I was there!

Mahalo to all the excellent people I met and worked alongside!

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 9:21 pm   Permalink

Ahh shucks, mahaloz guys. Everybody be sure to check out Tiki Tim's Youtube page. He's got tons of footage already up and running. Dang dude, did you take any breaks? Awesome!

I normally don't shoot room parties because, well, I'm usually to Lost by then to focus, hold the camera steady, or say anything without slurring. For some reason I tried this time. Both of the audio tracks in this video are from the jam session that was going on in the Mai Kai Penthouse Party featuring Lewis Bailey, Jonpaul Balak, Babs? and another drummer (anyone know the name?) The beginning is not that bad, but you can definitely see my decline during the video. Mahaloz and Cheers ta two killah parties!

Lost In Paradise: The Hukilau Room Party Madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FetOKl48OZw

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-06-17 21:53 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-17 11:15 pm   Permalink

Here's Marina's Wreck Bar show in 5 minutes. With a special guest appearance by the Tikiyaki Aqua Maniacs.

http://youtu.be/TRq0RAut_-s

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nano's Son

Posted: 2011-06-18 09:10 am   Permalink

Greetings Everyone..Just wanted to say what a great time again I had. I think my Dad would
be surprised at all people that have come to drink his creations. My first drink at the Mai-Kai is the "DERBY" in his honor. Christi you did it again!! It was great to meet so many
newbie's and to see their express when they see the Mai-Kai. See you all next year. Ron Licudine

View Profile of Nano's Son Send a personal message to Nano's Son  Email Nano's Son     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nano's Son

Posted: 2011-06-18 09:17 am   Permalink

I totally forgot to say...Thank you all so much for the wonderful things you all have said
about my DAD. He would be very touched by it all, and he would say "I'm only the "CHIEF
MIXOLOGIST" actually thats what Im saying.

View Profile of Nano's Son Send a personal message to Nano's Son  Email Nano's Son     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-18 4:23 pm   Permalink

The other drummer was Vic, Babs's husband.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2011-06-20 09:30 am   Permalink

Tiki central post:

Thanks to Christie, Amy, and everyone involved for making it such a great Hukilau! That was an amazing year!

I had such a great time, and I hope you all enjoyed our Rumposium- we sure had a good time doing it, and I still can't believe I was on stage at the Mai Kai, a very special experience for me.

Mahalo to everyone, and keep up the fight, comrades!

www.rumrevolution.net

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation