FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » so what (if any) brands of beer are Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
so what (if any) brands of beer are Tiki?
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-10 09:58, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:

A wee bit of a hijack here: how does someone from San Diego know about Pliny the Younger? People up here go nuts for it's once a year release (last Friday).

Drive on down Jingleheimer. A cask gets tapped Sat. @ 4pm! Drooool!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-10 13:01, arriano wrote:
Not tiki, but Karl Strauss has some surf-themed beers:

http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Brews/OurBeer/Start.html

trying to mix surf n tiki,
your really pushing things around here.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 11:41 pm   Permalink

o.k., no idea what brand, but the tap looks good.
I'll take it.

Mahalo,
HT

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

Russian River distributes Pliny all over the country... Damnation, too... and Temptation, Consecration, a couple others.

I can get them easily here in Denver, but I miss Santa Rosa. Not only for Russian River, but also that restaurant Flavor, with all the Moonlight beers on tap. Damn, I miss Moonlight beer. And then, of course the Sweet Spot with all the Lagunitas on tap, Third Street Aleworks, Bear Republic up in Healdsburg... oh great, now I'm gettin' all homesick. Thanks a lot.

I'm gonna go downtown this afternoon to Great Divide and drown my sorrows.

I had no idea that they distributed that far; Good for them. Moonlight's Death and Taxes is by far my favorite beer. It's been really fun to be a short bike ride from all of these great beer dispensaries. : ) Anyhow, if you're ever back in Santa Rosa....

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

Drive on down Jingleheimer. A cask gets tapped Sat. @ 4pm! Drooool!!

Woo hoo! Let me grab my board, too!

I rode my bike by the brewery on Thursday and there was still a line outside. Grrrr. Last year, everyone filled up growlers and the beer was gone within seconds. Apparently, some folks were selling them on ebay. Only pints this year.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:54 am   Permalink

Good thing I stopped by Falling Rock last night and learned that the Younger will be making it's appearance some time next week. WOO-HOO.

And, I kinda mis-spoke earlier about being able to "easily" get the Pliny... at that point, I had read the initial post too fast and thought you were talking about the Elder, which is really easy to get around here. The Younger, though, of course, is available for only about the half hour it's on before it's all sucked dry. Or sooner. Last year, FR's two kegs blew in a whopping 20 minutes. Craziness.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zombiepops
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-11 10:26 am   Permalink

while not Tiki, I'm fond of Kona's beers. They're Hawaiian, like Primo.
http://www.konabrewingco.com/

View Profile of zombiepops Send a personal message to zombiepops      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 4:57 pm   Permalink

San Miguel,because it goes with a Pacific island lifestyle. Especially on days you're out of Tanduay.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 5:05 pm   Permalink

Did you say San Miguel? Featured here at the Willows Restaurant in Hawaii.

And, they had there own Beer Lounge at the New York World's Fair

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 11:34 pm   Permalink

and, bringing things full circle, I am drinking another Red Horse (7% abv), which is brewed in the Philippines by San Miguel...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 04:31 am   Permalink

Now it's official: San Miguel is the Official Imported Beer of Tiki(R). That's a great little ad, where did you find it?

Now to find the Official Domestic Beer of Tiki(R).

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 05:10 am   Permalink

No longer available, unfortunately...

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 11:09 am   Permalink

Sometimes I think it is where and how the beer is served that can make it Tiki. Take Schlitz for instance, not a Tiki beer in any-body's eyes. But, when served like this, it evokes a certain South Sea splendor.

Or Miller, you know, the High Life. When served by a young pretty urbanite with a backdrop of PNG primitive art it screams TIKI!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 1:25 pm   Permalink

DC, I was thinking about the "Champagne of Beers" & Schlitz. Those are the beers from the era of when tiki was booming. I would love to know what regional beers were served in old tiki establishment. Like Minhas for instance. I wonder if The Fireside serve Minhas.
Erik the Red

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 7:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Or Miller, you know, the High Life. When served by a young pretty urbanite with a backdrop of PNG primitive art it screams TIKI!

DC

Actually, that carving looks like a Kanak doorpost carving from New Caledonia. Apart from the bright red paint, it looks authentic too. Great find!

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation