FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 5:32 pm   Permalink

Kissing booth has been re-opened, but sorry folks, Dinah is out, Lucas is IN! Of course, the price has dropped as a result.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 9:05 pm   Permalink

Hahahahahahahaha.... I'll take a ticket, Lucas. Please don't forget to shave your face that day. Xoxo!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-05 09:57, GROG wrote:
Thanks guys, it was fun carve. GROG not have plan, GROG just have cylinder and start carving and see where it go, and that what came out. Carved too deep a number of times, so him have several patches on the inside. Hopefully they not have air bubbles and little bastard not blow up in kiln.

GROG kind of like the Moai shot glass, GROG may have to resculpt it and make a mold. (It has to be bigger for the mold, because they shrink when they are poured)

Grog -Tiki Kitty LOVE the Moai shot glass, and the bowl! Tiki Kitty look forward to seeing in person.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 10:12 pm   Permalink

Lucas will be fundraising for Public Broadcasting at the kissing booth as well. Be sure to wear that turtleneck and tweed blazer with the elbow patches! And don't forget those Charlie Rose DVD's....

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-04-08 11:57 ]

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 10:16 pm   Permalink

Oh man, I'd LOVE to be there to hang out with all my SoCal Tiki buds at this shindig! I'll be sipping a mai tai there in spirit.....

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-08 07:49 am   Permalink

To celebrate the new issue of TIKI MAGAZINE at Bahooka and see my favorite band ,the THE HULA GIRLS I made a frame for the new issue. The guitar at the top of the frame is an exact copy of Spike's guitar

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 11:49 am   Permalink

He is hiiiieeeeeere:

A shy little critter, he snarled at me, and then he was gone...

Just as YOU are gonna be gone when you taste the TIKI REVIVER from it:

I am thrilled to announce that this concoction, formulated by Beachbum Berry, will be prepared by no other than expert mixologist Kelly "HipHipaHula" Reilly - so you know you will be pleased!

Here is some research concerning the properties and history of the aphrodisiac ingredient in the drink:

1.) According to the Angewandte Chemie International Edition article, ..... became popular among young people, bohemians, and prisoners in the post-World War II period, 'and this use was mainly, if not exclusively, confined to the USA.' A 1966 New York Times piece named it along with morning glory seeds, diet aids, cleaning fluids, cough medicine, and other substances as alternative highs on college campuses.

2.) A jazz musician who played regularly with the legendary saxophonist Charlie Parker (known as 'Bird') recalled that: 'Bird introduced this ....... to the guys. It was a cheap and legal high. You can take it in milk or Coca-Cola.

3.) The extracts of .... were found to stimulate the mounting behaviour of male mice, and also to significantly increase their mating performance. The drugs were devoid of any conspicuous general short term toxicity.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-08 5:48 pm   Permalink

I'm very proud and honored to be mixing up nearly a few hundred or millions of servings of "Tiki Reviver" for the Bahooka to serve up for the release of the Book of Tiki Mug this Sunday at the Bahooka. I've been in my lab working out math equations and taste testing, the cocktail is exotic and delicious to say the least. Did you know there is s a aphrodisiac in it? I can attest to this! Wonderful mug indeed a real show stopper, very impressive, awesome job everyone. Thanks again to Sven and Jeff for inviting me to mix up the Tiki Reviver! Cheers! See you at the Bahooka Sunday!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 7:05 pm   Permalink

INDEED, HE HAS RISEN FROM THE BOOK!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 12:04 am   Permalink

Looks Awesome!!
can't wait.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-09 08:09 am   Permalink

I'm really excited for the event. Missed seeing the TC Ohana. I think you'll really like the new issue. Also Kirby's necklace looks great! BOT mug looks great as well and is a must have. We have some great vendors, cool music with BigTikiDude and the Hula Girls (not to mention the beautiful Hula Girls dancers), and now Kelly is mixing the new cocktail. WOW! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Nicktiki

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 4:54 pm   Permalink

OK....sorrry folks to hog the events page with my imagery, but it's just that I have been on this Moritz Mug inspired trip to portray the Tiki in different settings.

Yesterday I was vibe-ing on the aphrodisiac contained in the Tiki Reviver cocktail. I came up with two set ups, and now I cannot decide which one I like best. Here is my first attempt:

"THE TIKI REVIVER - Always a Hit with the Ladies!"
(Alternate title: "Fiery Phallus")

Then it got a little more complex. So now, without further ado, I give you:

(in deep voice): "AT THE TEMPLE OF TIKI !"

(...oh the things grown men spend their time with! )

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 5:28 pm   Permalink

Oh man that's a tough call sven, I like them both..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-09 5:51 pm   Permalink

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-04-09 18:55 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 6:13 pm   Permalink

#2 Fo Sho.

now Grow up Sven.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation