FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 09:05 am   Permalink

Cheers! Beautiful mug Sven.

[ This Message was edited by: Loki-Tiki 2011-04-11 09:06 ]

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 09:57 am   Permalink

What a great event last night! I love the Bahooka!
Thanks to Nick for having The Hula Girls play. We tried some brand new songs for the first time.... Some worked and some (ahem) could use a little work. But nonetheless, we had a blast!

I picked up a Bahooka mug and Dinah got the new BOT mug for us. That drink was amazing!
I can't wait to go through the new issue of Tiki Magazine...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 10:27 am   Permalink

Wow, what a fun night! Got the BOT mug and finally the Bahooka mug, the new issue of Tiki Magazine (thanks mucho for the Ding Dong Devils review!), heard some great Hula Girls music (with some great dancing from Dinah and Judy), saw a lot of great friends, met some fine folks I didn't previously know, basked in the glory of Joe Banks and Marty Lush's stellar jackets, saw the finished Tikiyaki van, got to watch Rufus the 35 year old fish eat several carrots, bask in the general splendor of Bahooka, enjoyed a refreshing Tiki Reviver (and a few of something or other), and I don't remember what else!

Now I need a Monday Back at Work Reviver!

Caltiki

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 11:11 am   Permalink

Hey this wasn't just the 10 year anniversary for BOT but 2011 is the 20th anniversary for the inspiration for BOT.

And at the Bahooka no less. It came full circle yesterday.

In Rosemead, CA !!

Which booth was the Bigbro sitting in on that eventful day in 1991 ??

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-04-11 11:25 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-11 11:53 am   Permalink

Adrian and the Polypoppers

Crazy Al in stealth photographer mode

Cutey Pie Dinah Derosa with the Book of Tiki mug

GROG' crap came out well. Thanks everybody who buy GROG' crap

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-04-11 11:56 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 12:03 pm   Permalink

Wheeeew!!
What a night.
I'm still beat, and need to get to work today, so I can take Friday off for Mojave Oasis.
I was totally surprised at the turnout for a Sunday too.
But Good stuff like New Tiki Mag, Book of Tiki Mug, and
and great venders and bands etc...
made for a really fun event,
that people realized they needed to be at.

Kudos to Nick, and all,
for a Great event.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-11 11:11, JOHN-O wrote:
Hey this wasn't just the 10 year anniversary for BOT but 2011 is the 20th anniversary for the inspiration for BOT.

And at the Bahooka no less. It came full circle yesterday.

In Rosemead, CA !!

Which booth was the Bigbro sitting in on that eventful day in 1991 ??

John-O, you are my living conscience. THAT fact totally had slipped my mind! Too much Tiki in this ol' brain to remember. Oh jeez.... we So Cal Tikiphiles are so jaded, taking our classic Tiki temples all over the place for granted, we forget our OWN history with them.

Here's the historic document that proves it:
Flyer #5 of the L.A. Cacaphony Society (an off-spring of the Church of the Subgenius)

Yes it was at Bahooka (I cannot remember the booth, it was somewhere down to the right past the bar, I think..) where I sat with 8 -10 professed Tiki fans, and realized I knew more about this than anyone, and that I had to do the book.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 1:04 pm   Permalink

Full circle for Hula too, ha ha.

And what are "talking Hula stones" ??

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-04-11 13:09 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Screaming Lord Richie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-11 1:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome Party! My Girlfriend and I had a blast. GROG: the mug is sitting nice among the Special(autographed) Tiki mugs. The Salt And Pepper Shakers will be filled tonight. The New Issue of TIKI Magazine is great! The Reviver Was GREAT (3 down the hatch+ 2 Zombies) The Hula Girls were Great! BIG Tiki Dude Killed! we had to leave early... 5a.m. wake-up call + I was a little Smashed! Thanks to everyone involved in putting that together.

[ This Message was edited by: Screaming Lord Richie 2011-04-11 13:44 ]

View Profile of Screaming Lord Richie Send a personal message to Screaming Lord Richie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-11 13:43, Screaming Lord Richie wrote:
The Reviver Was GREAT (3 down the hatch+ 2 Zombies)....... we had to leave early... 5a.m. wake-up call + I was a little Smashed!

I can't imagine WHY!?

Quote:

On 2011-04-11 10:27, congawa wrote:
Wow, what a fun night! Got the BOT mug and finally the Bahooka mug, the new issue of Tiki Magazine...enjoyed a refreshing Tiki Reviver...
Now I need a Monday Back at Work Reviver!

I want to a ask for a round of applause for Kelly, for doing such a stellar job at mixing Jeff Berry's Tiki Reviver cocktail. As usual, the effects of a good libation come to play later in the evening, when everybody is under its influence: I saw a lot of smiling, happy faces, and no one wanted to leave. Well, the Hula Girls (and the guys) had something to do with that, too.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 4:08 pm   Permalink

The pic's look great wish we coulda been there for this one...

So when and where can those unlucky ones get that mug?

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 4:53 pm   Permalink

Besides Kelly,

I must also thank Moritz, for designing such an iconic Tiki that even ten years later it is a unique, instantly recognizable image.

I must thank Holden for helping us getting the mug in the perfect shape that it is now in. May it be a steady bestseller for Tiki Farm.

I must thank Jeff Berry for designing such a yummy, exciting, cocktail - you were right about the name!

I must thank the Bahooka for having stayed the same for so many years! Don't change!

I must thank Nick for having us take part in his release party, and for keeping such a great magazine running.

And I wanna thank the Hula guys'n'girls and Big Tiki Dude for providing excellent musical entertainment, and all the artists who brought their newest creations to the party. MY favorite mug among the many great ones was actually this one:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35726&forum=21&vpost=584468

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 5:29 pm   Permalink

Oh, and of course I must thank my loving wife Naomi for playing my lovely sales assistant once again. Couldn't have signed that many mugs without you! (Phew, just in time!)

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 6:04 pm   Permalink

Sven,

Congratulations on a great looking and successful event, I was bummed that I could not get away from Santa Barbara to attend.

Any chance of picking up one of the BOT Mugs this weekend at Mojave?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Screaming Lord Richie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-11 6:33 pm   Permalink

lol. thanks for being at the party Sven! The BOT Mug is a great addition o my ohanas collection. Thanks A TON!

View Profile of Screaming Lord Richie Send a personal message to Screaming Lord Richie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation