FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars aloha lounge & bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
aloha lounge & bar
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-15 2:48 pm   Permalink

Hey there young Bob,

The A frame is looking great mate. I will have to head on over for a closer look again.

Cheers and mahalo,
Gibbo

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-15 7:27 pm   Permalink

aloha gang, thanks all for your comments.

SoCal Savage - yes, it's the common garden variety fencing, the reeds being
hollow and about a quarter inch average diameter - untreated.

i think the inside will stay about the same colour for years and although the weather will
probably turn the outside grey over time, another layer won't be too hard to apply.

initially, i was thinking of thatch but decided to go with reed for several reasons; not only
to keep the cost down but also the weight - reed being much lighter, it's also quicker to attach,
the air can pass through - reducing any impact by strong winds, (this is also another reason why
i used shadecloth instead of a waterproof membrane), and i figured that the reed would be less
of a fire hazard, as opposed to thatch, although i plan to give the whole thing a good spray with
fire retardant some time soon.

SandraDee - like yourself, i'm a very keen op-shopper/garage-saler/scrounger and absolutely love the hunt,
of course, genuine mid-century american Tiki artefacts are next to impossible to find here.

Pele Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice of ya to drop by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDoVoodoo - check out Tiki tOny's place :

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41052&forum=20&vpost=604721&hilite=TikiTony

along with many others here on TC, his work lit the fire under my butt and i plan on a similar shack for
my barbecue area, maybe with artificial ( and fire proof ) thatch... 'cause... you know... my butt's on fire.

Gibbo, welcome anytime cobber.

cheers, bob.

[ This Message was edited by: komohana 2014-04-19 05:25 ]

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation