[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dishwasher Safe - Mug Question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Dishwasher Safe - Mug Question
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 12:43 pm   Permalink

I'd like to propose 'Fu' to mean some sort of feminine attractive power, and 'Manchu' is the masculine attractive power. As in "I didn't really want to sleep with that girl, but her Fu was too powerful". Or, "That Gorilla X has some serrrrrious Manchu!".

It just seems to fit, for some reason... just like '"Zazz" HAD to mean cool. It was just too Zazz not to be!

As for my dusty mugs, I still haven't unpacked them. I don't have any real handy shelves put up in the saucer house that will display them yet, so not sure whether or not to unwrap them. The debate of whether or not to make the world's smallest tiki room or not out of the computer room is still ongoing... I would like to, but in all fairness it IS the room my husband will be spending most of his time in working on the computer, and he may want to put up some of his stuff too. The clash of techno geek decor vs. tiki decor may be too much for 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet to handle.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 2:27 pm   Permalink

Surely hand-washing a few mugs isn't such a hardship? Just get the gloves on, dip the mugs in the warm, soapy water and caress them clean. Mmmmm, just feel those smooth contours....pay special attention to the rim......*splash*....whoops!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 1:45 pm   Permalink

I like gadgets, so I had to try it($10 at most grocery stores).
Use with discretion. I won't use it on the outside, but excellent on using for the deep/tall mugs.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/dawn/dish_brush.shtml

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 2:28 pm   Permalink

Martiki-I also giggled at the "no fu or manchu left"-Tigerlily,welcome,and keep those gems a comin'!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 6:09 pm   Permalink

Don't know anything about detergent, or the effects it will have on tiki mugs, but I do know this: You take a chance of the mugs shifting in a dishwasher and chipping....so don't take the chance.
www.bartiki.com

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 6:33 pm   Permalink

Haven't you sat at a bar watching the bartender wash glasses and mugs" They have a sink setup with a Brush sticking up. dip in soapy water,,, up and dpwn on the brush, dunk in the rinse water a couple times and back to the glass storage bin. They all do it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 8:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-12 18:33, Benzart wrote:
have a sink setup with a Brush sticking up. dip in soapy water,,, up and dpwn on the brush, dunk in the rinse water a couple times and back to the glass storage bin. They all do it.

When I worked at Round Table Pizza (in high school), we had three sinks behind the bar:

1. hot soapy water with the brushes sticking up (clean)
2. cold water with a little bleach (sterilize)
3. warm clear water (rinse)

That's what I did in between serving pitchers of Bud to drunken Lomita white trash.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 9:34 pm   Permalink

What about washing "Peanut" style mugs such as the PMP, since there's no glaze on a considerable portion of the mug? What success have others had with dishwasher or hand-washing?

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 10:02 am   Permalink

I've never washed a bisque finish mug, only wiped them with a damp cloth, but I've never used any for drinks. I'd say avoid harsh detergents and all soaps, stick to mild detergents & use a bottle brush for the inside, a cloth for the outside.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation