FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-08 12:01 am   Permalink

That is indeed some more of Bowana's awesomeness 8ft, but it's not the one GROG referring to. GROG meant the Aloha Sisters mug that cruelly outbid GROG at the Tiki Oasis last year. Clearly that mug was meant for GROG.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-04-08 09:55 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-04-08 09:54 ]

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 12:11 am   Permalink

Grog up too late, post mug shot too many times.

DC

But nice mug to look at!

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2011-04-08 00:12 ]

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-04-08 09:59 am   Permalink

Tiki Central took a crap on GROG when GROG was submitting. GROG hit submit and it not do anything. So after awhile GROG hit submit again, and again nothing. After the third time, GROG try to go elsewhere on TC and TC was froze up, so GROG leave TC and apparently when it worked again, it posted GROG post three times. Maybe Hanford took it down for maintenance or something.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 10:24 am   Permalink

TC wanted to see GROG post 3 times, that all...

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-09 08:06 am   Permalink

The first of my trades arrived yesterday - Thanks Helvetiki!

What a great start to the trade!

Cheers,
Joe

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 08:59 am   Permalink

It is so cool that you got to be the first to receive their swap... and appropriate, too.
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2011-04-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

TIKIATARI!!!!!!!!!!

Well what can I say, I wasn't thrilled with the first mug swap at Christmas, I never complained or said anything.

I met TikiAtari at the Trader Vic's FOm event a few months ago and it was fun to meet other people. Well TikiAtari has renewed my faith in mug swaps.

What a never ending supply of cool shit!

I did not have the Tiki Farm X Eyes (I found one at the flea market today by Orchids in the wild) so this one is neat-o! I also didn't have the short version of the Polynesian Palace glass mug.

Didn't have the Frankie swizzle or the matches.

TikiAtari is the BEST, thank you kind sir.

I have an original mug that's fresh out of the kiln going out on Monday for my mug swap.

Thanks again,

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: blacklagoon 2011-04-09 17:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: blacklagoon 2011-04-09 17:07 ]

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 07:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-09 08:06, Pikeys Dog wrote:
The first of my trades arrived yesterday - Thanks Helvetiki!

What a great start to the trade!

Cheers,
Joe

Cool..!
glad you like it.

Cheers,
HT

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-10 11:32 am   Permalink

They say it's the journey-- not the destination and the swap I received last Friday from DCMan brought this home. Like a crazy road trip, it took me to Hawaii, Toronto, Montreal and Ft. Lauderdale by way of upstate New York with glimpses into 1960s advertising and the F.O.M. Test Labs.

With the help of Google and the luxury of time, I let each item take me away. Like a camera obscura, the box full of mystery led me to seek meaning in everyday things. Amidst all the great retro Hawaiiana and other cool stuff, there was a vintage pressure-cooker recipe/advertising pamphlet that unearthed memories worth every minute of research. Echos of my childhood from kitchen sounds to Bugs Bunny and Laverne & Shirley (Hasenpfeffer!) to my big brother convincing my gullible 10-year old self that my Betty Crocker mom was passing off squirrel as chicken, all came crashing into 2011 bringing with them a gift-- the feelings from another time and not just the facts. I think that moments like these are the real reward inherent in revisiting vintage stuff and I thank DCMan for this expanded view. Tiki or not tiki, doesn't matter to me. The whole swapping experience is a delight.

[ This Message was edited by: trutiki 2011-04-17 13:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: trutiki 2011-04-17 13:32 ]

View Profile of trutiki Send a personal message to trutiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sideshow Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-10 3:39 pm   Permalink

Received my Swap From Bongo Bungalow!!!

Great Mug that I did not have!!!

Also a Tiki, Vintage Postcard, statue and Tray!

Thanks Bongo!!!
Always a great time with these swaps!

CHEERS!

Bob

View Profile of Sideshow Bob Send a personal message to Sideshow Bob  Email Sideshow Bob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 4:38 pm   Permalink

Yer welcome Sideshow Bob! You know the pineapple/menehune is for pu pu's, right? Anywho, enjoy!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 9:47 pm   Permalink

Pittsburgh Pauly
HelveTiki
FenrixTiki
Slacks Ferret
Exquisite Corpse
DCMan

you have boxes on their way.

To Helvetiki's swap partner --- please be aware he will be out of town and so there will be a delay with him actually being home to post that he got his box. Try not to stress on whether or not it came

Folks lets try to get the rest shipped out this week shooting for April 15 as the last day of shipping!

Great swaps so far everyone

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 09:50 am   Permalink

When I got home from the local arts festival, I found a box on my step from Sideshow Bob. I carefully picked it up to make sure it was sent to the right underachiever, which it was, I then started to wonder what I had done to receive the brunt of Mr. Robert Underdunk Terwilliger's vendetta. I carefully opened the box with a pair of salad tongs and a fondue skewer to be met with items of friendship, not hatred. I was relieved as a shutter went done my spine thinking I would be greeted by a bomb explosion or a recording of the whole musical score of the H.M.S. Pinafore sung by Bob himself.

I tore through the wrapping like a starving shipwreck survivor would have when a crate washed ashore. I stood there in my home bar with amazement as I peered at my swap. The mugs, the art, the.... oh, what is that? Could it be? NA-NA-NAAAA!!! A Brady Tiki! I haven't asked it for my three wishes, but looking over this haul, I don't need to ask them! Thank you very much Sideshow Bob! The mugs are great and the Postcards are beautiful! I love the Octogal with the tiki!

And one with the flash:

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation