FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts ladies of tiki swap - IMPORTANT NOTE - pg.9!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
ladies of tiki swap - IMPORTANT NOTE - pg.9!
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-02 10:51 am   Permalink

I was thinking that a new art swap sounds like fun - And so here we GO
Work to be finished by August 5th
(to give lots of time for the Oasis)
Drawing will be done August 7th by Mrs. ZeroTiki (in the interests of impartiality - my name is in too...)
LETS GET THE PIECES IN THE MAIL ASAP AFTER THE DRAW...BY THE 12TH, SO TO GIVE 'EM TIME TO MAKE IT TO THEIR NEW HOMES BEFORE THE OASIS.

THE LIST: (in no particular order)
The amazing swapees are

WaikikianMoeKele ~ FINISHED

AlohaStation ~ FINISHED

Pikeys Dog ~ FINISHED

ZeroTiki ~ FINISHED (swapee may choose one of the four)

cy ~ FINISHED

danlovestikis ~ FINISHED

Bongo Bungalo ~ FINISHED

Tobor64 ~ FINISHED

artosaurus ~ FINISHED

TikiG ~ FINISHED

please make sure to get your piece in the post quickly!
REMEMBER - YOUR GIFT RECIPIENT MAY NOT BE YOUR GIFT GIVER!

ENJOY!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-06 18:55 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-02 7:25 pm   Permalink

Mmmm... what... birds was the last one... shrunken heads was it it the one before...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-02 11:39 pm   Permalink

Most recent in descending order (as I recall):

Birds of the Pacific Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37034&forum=18&start=0&370

PNG theme Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=32054&forum=18&start=0

Poly Pop Menu Cover Inspired Art Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33330&forum=18&start=0

Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35479&forum=18&start=0

And, as I see 'em, the rules for arty-swappy:

* Each entry is only allowed to swap once - no doubles as of yet
* Participants must make a original piece of art on the theme specificaly for the swap - nothing 'from the vault'.
* The art can be anything you like (as long as it is original, no prints/moulded pendants etc), so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one off hand carved mug etc etc etc. Look at the links above to the previous swaps to get an appreciation of the variety of stuff you could make.
* Some people get caught up in the excitement and make multiple pieces of art on the theme. Thats cool, just be clear if your swap partner is going to receive all of it or if they get a choice out of what you have made. And remember one swap partner per person.
* Post your pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
* Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!!
* All of the participants names will go into a hat, and be drawn out together. The list of swapping partners will be posted here. PM your swapping partner and exhange your postal details. Send your piece off and watch the mailbox like a hawk waiting for your art to arrive!
* Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so dont enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! One participant in a previous swap got quoted an exorbient amount to post their piece with Fed Ex. By sending the same piece with US Postal Service, they saved themselves a huge amount of cash.

--Much of the rules above were established by his heweyness... solid information from an established swap maker.

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-08 09:15 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lente
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-03 10:42 am   Permalink

I'll join up.

View Profile of Lente Send a personal message to Lente      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 10:52 am   Permalink

Been waiting patiently for a new swap to be organized - I know we've all been really busy though so no hurry.

I'm joining regardless!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 7:23 pm   Permalink

possible themes:

Tiki surf-ari

Bob or Anti-Bob

Moai

Marquesan Goodness

Fires of Pele Burning tikis

--Other suggestions?

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 8:15 pm   Permalink

How about these?

Animal
Cannibal
Mixed Media
Mini/really small
Music
Skulls/bones
Life/Death

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-04 08:39 am   Permalink

cy wants into this fracas. How bout musical tikis or motorcycle/scooter theme?

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-04 3:36 pm   Permalink

I can't resist a good swap. Just in case ZeroTiki I suggest you send Hewey a PM for approval. He may not read this thread and get an unpleasant surprise in the future. Either way I'm in for any subject matter chosen even if it's topless hula girls! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-04 6:46 pm   Permalink

Oooo! GROG vote for topless hula girls! Right on, Wendy!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-04 9:05 pm   Permalink

Good idea. I will do that, Wendy

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-04-04 9:08 pm   Permalink

How about Ship Wrecks?

That sounds fun and would be fun to watch everyone do their thing.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 12:00 pm   Permalink

Tangaroa.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 9:12 pm   Permalink

I'm going to hold off until hewey sends some sort of OK... but let's keep kicking the ball around, theme- wise.

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 9:38 pm   Permalink

Hey, what happened to hula girls?
Everyone say yes to Hula Girls!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation