FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-05 22:40, Bora Boris wrote:
Oh Shit! That's this weekend!!

Thats what im sayin!! I better get busy!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

Melvin the Drunken Moai came out of the first glaze firing with several glaze skips on the inside. After the second glaze firing he had just one tiny glaze skip so he's going back in again tonite. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be perfect

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-07 10:42 am   Permalink

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

everybodies stuff is looking great..all goes well should have a one off color Mai mug and a painting for the show..see y'all saturday

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-08 07:31 am   Permalink

Im working on having some affordable pieces at the show this weekend!!
Kon Tiki Table Top Moai(Resin moai with hand built Kon Tiki Raft)
I Believe this is how the Moai reached the mainland!!

Primitive Moai head carved from lava rock...this was my first attempt at carving lava so I kept it real simple.. I got a shard of lava in my eye and cut up my hands and feet(note don't carve lava rock barefoot and without gloves or safety glasses).So this may be the only one!

I will also have a few of my fire stencil moai

A handful of moai tiki pendants and hopefuly a new wood moaisaic!!
see ya there!!

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2011-07-08 07:35 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-08 8:07 pm   Permalink

Night Time Moai mug for the show, features hints of purple, red, baby blue, rose and black. finishing up a painting for tomorrow as well. Working tomorrow so will be showin up to the show a little late.

Hope to see you there!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-09 12:17 am   Permalink

----Artists ----set up is 2:30--3:30. Show starts at 4 when the Tonga Hut opens.

Hang your own art. There's netting on the wall if you just want to bring S hooks, otherwise bring a hammer and nails. We have some lights (Thanks dibroc) but bring more in case you need it and an extension chord in case you need it also. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. GROG will have shelving for mugs and small 3D stuff.

Bring a card for your artwork with Title of piece, medium, artists name and price if you're selling it. Contact info on back of the card if you leave the artwork hanging up at the Tonga Hut for a couple of weeks or so. Artists sell your own art, so bring your own change.

Don't bring more than 1 other person (spouse or significant other) with you to hang stuff. (But invite plenty of others to come.)

Kelly will be preparing the bar for the event, so she will not be making any drinks until the bar is open at 4.

----And to anybody else who's coming,---- there's rumor that one of the artists( thanks Tobor) will be bringing some delicious Kalua pork there to eat, so if anybody wants to bring a side dish of some sort, you're more than welcome.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-07-09 00:34 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-09 06:24 am   Permalink

Good luck to all the artists! Wish I could be there. Have fun!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-09 08:55 am   Permalink

Oh no, my tar ball moai melted in the sun yesterday and my driftwood in the shape of a moai was thrown in the beach fire by some cove dweller!

Oh, I guess I'll have a new painting!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-09 09:28 am   Permalink

Today Saturday! Special Cocktail Menu! Come taste the Big Mo" or the "Moai Madness" and More! Menu starting at only $5 with Beer at $2 *Pizza while it lasts! Doors open at 4:00pm

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Bl.
No. Hollywood

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-09 09:57 am   Permalink

The desert rats are coming out to play today, This will be my first time at the TONGA HUT,I can't wait to check out the vast Witco collection on the wall and to check out some great art. I look forward to some cocktails and seeing some old friends.

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-07-09 09:59 am   Permalink

Here's the menu...

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2011-07-09 11:49 ]

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-07-09 10:16 am   Permalink

The kiln is cooling down. Hopefully we've got a good bunch of stuff that survived the firing. Dr.Trader Tom made it back from France in time to bring his jet-legged butt over and glaze some Duncan Moais, and he even has a couple of hand-made mugs. One of Tobunga's hand-made bowls lost his head in the bisque fire, but the Rapa Nui Island bowl made it through fine.

GROG looking forward to seeing everybody's stuff, but especially to eating some delicious Kalua pork. Yum.

GROG wish GROG was drinking alcohol, because GROG would have one of each of Kelly's drinks. May have to cheat and have a taste here and there (just don't tell GROG' doctor.)

Se ya'll at the Tonga Hut.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-09 2:04 pm   Permalink

Just finished this "Moaisaic" for the show... See ya there!!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-09 2:09 pm   Permalink

Ah such a cool idea Kirby. I'm looking forward to lots of photos and of course to having the next step (on-line show) start tomorrow! Enjoy tonight you lucky southern California tiki people. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation