FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-10 6:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-10 18:16, happychi wrote:
I had a little too much fun...John-O is a bad influence on me

There's no such thing as too much fun. And I'm a GOOD influence. Here's my secret...

Bourbon > Rum

And be sure to check out Tonga Tom's pictures on the previous page. Excellent as usual !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-07-10 18:37 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-10 6:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the photos, Tom. We had a blast as usual so thanks to all who made this show possible. And a big tip of the topknot to Senior Grog for setting it all in motion.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-10 8:02 pm   Permalink

I had been planning on going, but I there was a scheduling conflict with my wife's annual family reunion. But I will post my meager pieces here, if somebody expresses interest I may be coaxed into putting them up on eBay.

Stylized Moai Mask
Hydrocal casting w/ acrylic paint
Approx: 12"H x 3.75"W x 1.5"D

Moai Head Figurine
Very low fire clay (bake in oven) w/ acrylic paint
Approx: 4"H x 1.8"W x 2"D

Sleeping Moai Figurine
Very low fire clay (bake in oven) w/ acrylic paint
Approx: 2.5"H x 4"W x 2.5"D

I was very sorry to have missed what looks to have been a great evening with a fun crowd. Hopefully next time I can make it.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-07-11 12:54 am   Permalink

Brudda Bear, there is an online Moai Madness show for posting stuff:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40575&forum=12&start=last&0

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 01:53 am   Permalink

Thanks GROG.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-11 2:32 pm   Permalink

Finally a moment to sit down,

On behalf of the Tonga Hut, Thank You all for attending the Mad, mad, world of "Moai Madness" It was one amazing day! We had friends traveling from near and far in attendance from Palm Springs and San Bernardino-Riverside Counties to the Beach Cities how wonderful to see you all. Mahalo's to all the brilliant artists and craftsmen, you all had the crowd clamoring for first dibs wow! Down side for me being behind the bar is, I don't have the opportunity to view all the art on display, by the time I can sit down to enjoy it's sold.

Special thanks in my heart today, to Grog-Ernie Keen curator. Ernie, you bring pure joy to our world of art, thanks for bringing your heart to the table, we love you Grog. To my boss, Jeremy Fleener who just let's us run with ideas and is always open to our thoughts and crazy shenanigans, thanks Boss for lovin' us and all you do...
Thank you again for attending good friends and Thank You Artists! See you all soon!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki

Posted: 2011-07-11 3:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pix, everyone - I wish I could've been at this one!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-11 3:36 pm   Permalink

Great Photos Tonga Tom! Thanks!!! More pictures please everyone, I missed some moments

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LushGirl

Posted: 2011-07-12 11:59 am   Permalink

still thinking back to the great time I had, meeting so many cool folks, enjoying the exotic sounds and flavors as well as seeing all the beautiful art!
Thanks Grog, Kelly, artists and everyone who made it out!

[ This Message was edited by: LushGirl 2011-07-12 12:42 ]

View Profile of LushGirl Send a personal message to LushGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-07-12 4:09 pm   Permalink

LushGirl, thanks for "filling in the gaps" with your photos! I didn't get as many snaps of the artwork as would have liked. GROG was a little upset with me, but half the mugs were gone by the time I got there.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-07-12 6:40 pm   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-07-17 9:39 pm   Permalink

Don't forget Tiki Tony!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2011-07-17 10:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks Boris!!!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-29 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-01 00:23, GROG wrote:
Little Photoshop piece GROG did months ago just fooling around. Wanted it to kind of look like paint by number art. ...

Man, GROG really got me excited about the idea of Tiki Paint-By-Numbers art. You know, for those of us that don't have his crazy-good art skills.

Maybe that'll be the next show you put together, GROG?

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation