FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Moai Madness Tonga Hut art show July 9th--thanks for coming
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-28 9:21 pm   Permalink

Very cool art coming up here. LushGirl, I love yours - it would make an awesome shirt with a real swizzle in the pocket

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-29 6:08 pm   Permalink

Wow Grog, I really enjoyed seeing how you made the moai mug. What tool do you use for the inside seam of the last side?

I've done one more black velvet painting for the on-line show.

I'm really enjoying all the fine art on this thread. zerostreet we did night and day on Easter Island. How Fun, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-29 6:46 pm   Permalink

Wendy! Yes, very cool work! The little guy you painted on the shirt there reminded me that I forgot about another Moai painting I have! This one will be up for sale as well.

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-30 10:32 am   Permalink

Still touching this one up. zerostreet he has such personality. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-30 11:04 am   Permalink

That's great Wendy, made me smile. Obviously aliens also had an influence on the art of the Marquesans

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-06-30 11:27 am   Permalink

\

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-30 9:14 pm   Permalink

That is so super freakin unreal how you can make my painting smile. I just love it.
I'm glad everyone got the meaning. The moai has the same color eyes but it doesn't show up here. Thank you Grog it's a joy to see what you can do.

MadDogMike, yep the islanders were just making monuments to their friends from the sky. Cheers, Wendy

GROG

Posted: 2011-07-01 12:23 am   Permalink

Little Photoshop piece GROG did months ago just fooling around. Wanted it to kind of look like paint by number art. Drawn with a mouse. (GROG really need to hook up GROG' Cintiq!)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-07-01 00:29 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-01 07:49 am   Permalink

I can't get my mouse to move that steady. You have amazing control, that's a great picture. Hugs, Wendy

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-01 2:18 pm   Permalink

GROG you are indeed the mouse master!

Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-01 8:50 pm   Permalink

Mike,

It's all in his evil plan to conquer the world.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-07-01 9:04 pm   Permalink

It's good to have a friend named "BEN".

Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-01 11:09 pm   Permalink

Well, then GROG should be okay... Unless GROG lets SOCRATES get beaten to death, gets a girlfriend, and tries to get rid of all his rodent pals. BEN wouldn't like that.

Bear

[ This Message was edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-07-01 23:12 ]

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-02 9:05 pm   Permalink

Awesome artwork going on here! I miss the Tonga Hut and am looking forward to this! Grog, can I hang you're artwork for you! Ha ha! Poor Grog always taking care of everyone! I'm bringing a tar ball I found on the beach that looks exactly like a moai. Also a rusty tin can and piece of driftwood that look like moai I found on beach. Not sure if I should bring the toast with the burnt image of moai on it? Also, I have a grain of sand that when looked at through my special bamboo microscope, it looks just like moai... no tricks or nothing!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-03 6:10 pm   Permalink

My last painting for the show. This has been a really fun ride. Grog's comedy adds so much, thank you, Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation