FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 2:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-21 00:27, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-17 00:08, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
I've been at the 6 for raider games. Not the Plaza, but I only sleep there so its ok. Plus, its F-ing luxury compared to the trailerpark! lol

For those who want a real vacation and are not staying at the Crowne Plaza, we have a special rate up the street at the very nice resort hotel The Handlery. This discounted rate ends a week from tomorrow - Wednesday, June 29

http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/hotelbooking/handlery/

http://www.handlery.com/

or if you want budget hotel that is not totally lame (yes, that's you Motel 6)
We recommend the vintage Kings Inn complete with Mexican Restaurant and Waffle Spot diner
http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/hotelbooking/kingsinn/

Tiki Oasis guests get $89 rate with two free margaritas for two or more night stay!!

Motel 6 is $86.39

After factoring in the margaritas you are saving money by going to a BETTER hotel - Kings Inn!?!

How do you get the $89 rate at kings Inn? I can't see where you input the voucher code...

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 5:11 pm   Permalink

I made reservations for the King's Inn and the manager's rate popped up for me and it was on average a better rate that the Oasis rate . . . that was a few weeks ago.

Aloha and okole maluna!

The Blue Kahuna

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 7:03 pm   Permalink

I love the Kings Inn! The staff is always nice and The Waffle place is great for morning hang over breakfasts. I'll have you know that a few celebrities have stayed there along side me over the years. I will not say who because it might ruin their image but for instance, a "hospital show" actor, with their entourage, was there last year.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-11 10:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-11 17:11, The Blue Kahuna wrote:
I made reservations for the King's Inn and the manager's rate popped up for me and it was on average a better rate that the Oasis rate . . . that was a few weeks ago.

Is this supposed to be a tip or is it a complaint?

If the Manager's Rate was cheaper you should use it. I book my rate in December the year before the event. Tiki Oasis is at the end of summer which is peak season. A lot can happen in the 6 - 8 months leading up to Tiki Oasis but at the time that I book my group it is the best rate they offer for that weekend.
I don't own the hotel! I can't control the rates.
The hotel game is complex, just like airline tickets. Rates vary based on supply and demand.
Right now the Manager's Rate is $101
But if you use the Tiki Oasis rate you get two free margaritas at their restaurant!

If you just want the cheapest rate go to Motel 6
The rate there was $86 for Fri/Sat a few weeks ago but somehow now it has dropped to $75
Not that I would stay in that dump, but if you are looking for the cheapest possible roof over your head go for it.

I cannot in good conscience recommend low quality hotels to my guests.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 12:31 am   Permalink

Mea culpa, it was not a complaint. I was pointing out that the Manager's rate was even better. Color me happy all the way around!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 12:39 am   Permalink

. . . it was a tip . . .

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 05:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-11 22:54, Otto wrote:

Right now the Manager's Rate is $101
But if you use the Tiki Oasis rate you get two free margaritas at their restaurant!

If you just want the cheapest rate go to Motel 6
The rate there was $86 for Fri/Sat a few weeks ago but somehow now it has dropped to $75

For me, the Kings inn website is saying $108 per night for Fri-Mon - can't see how to get the Oasis rate.
And the Motel 6 is saying $105. Both from their direct hotel websites.
Any tips on what i'm doing wrong here?

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 07:00 am   Permalink

Don't know about hotel rates, don't know about a lot of things. What I also don't know is WHO'S GOING? Lets get a role call happening! Lets get a room crawl started! Lets get ready to see all the great friends, new and old that some of us only see once a year! Lets make introductions and connections with all the wonderful people, bands and artists that Tiki Oasis gathers to help keep our Tiki community on a roll! I for one, am really excited about the bands this year. I also think we should all wear name-tags. Since my memory can be a little hazy I don't always remember everything and everyone I've met or spoke with. Come up and say ALOHA! This event is one of very few that gives us all an opportunity to celebrate the Tiki-Geek in us all.
I'll start.
My family and I are IN!!!
Anybody?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-12 09:15 am   Permalink

Matt, I'm all for the Tiki Central Name Tags then I don't to make up crazy shirts for myself

Maybe one of the resident TC graphic artists can post a name tag image for us to print!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 1:35 pm   Permalink

I am always there to see the bands.
it always puzzles me when people say
" Oh I was at room party's and missed all of the bands"

you can drink anytime, and don't you wanna remember something,
especially since ya paid for it?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 6:31 pm   Permalink

Was there bands last year, I don't remember?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-12 8:01 pm   Permalink

Sometimes, missing a band is intentional.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 8:26 pm   Permalink

To each his own. If people want to drink with friends, have good conversation and skip the bands, more power to them. I fluctuate between the two. Not in the mood for a particular sound? Unlimited options are available. BTD, you are a hardcore music guy. Of course you would rather see the bands. I mentioned being excited to see the bands earlier, true, but honestly I'm just excited that Tiki Oasis is close and I get to experience it again.
Cool shirt Mike. Anyone want to take on the name-tag idea?

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2011-07-12 20:29 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 8:30 pm   Permalink

So looking forward to enjoying myself with all the awesome DJs that are lined up as background music. So much talent at one event--can't top that list for sure!

Will be awesome to see Big Sandy as well--esp since Robert (the lead singer) will be sure to be hitting some room parties during the weekend. He's a great guy whose fun to party with.

Can't wait!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-12 8:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-12 20:26, Matt Reese wrote:
.... Anyone want to take on the name-tag idea?

It used to be that the Crawl Cards doubled as a name tag.

Are there going to be Crawl Cards this year?

...Shelley? ...Dr. Shocker?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation