FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-23 10:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-22 11:08, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:
Thanks everyone who chimed in....I've been to enough Oasis's to have tried the various food options, (personally not thrilled but I don't go to Tiki Oasis for the food). I had just wondered if there was a reason with as large a crowd as Oasis draws that there were never any onsite food vendors to provide something a little more Tiki?

Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Hawaiian style hot dogs with Spicy Hawaiian Pickle Relish, Sweet Maui Onion Relish, Mango Mustard, Lilikoi mustard, Guava Mustard, Shave Ice :o

Doesn't that sound yummy?

If there's an interest and it is allowed by the hotel that's what I'd like to offer next year.

Actually the hotel has a contract on all food. It would be like bringing your own food into a restaurant or into a theme park or concert (like Coachella)

This year the Crowne Plaza is offering some Mexican food specialties. Last year They had burgers on the patio, the year before that they set up a large BBQ on the lawn but we had to get rid of that because there was not enough space for the audience and the BBQ. So the hotel does expand it's offerings for our weekend and they will continue to do so.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikirose
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-25 3:42 pm   Permalink

The side BBQ last year was great, because it was fast. Enough about food, let's talk alcohol. Just wanted to let all you out of towners know that BevMo opened a new location this year at 3210 Rosecrans, which is half way between the hotel and the Bali Hai. Its just a big block past Midway.

View Profile of Tikirose Send a personal message to Tikirose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 6:13 pm   Permalink

^ Extremely important information to know, thank you!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Swig
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-26 02:36 am   Permalink

theres a great mexican plac ein Old Town that my family has been going to for years, La Pinata. and theres also an awesome diner we've been going to forever up the street on El Cajon Blvd, Rudfords.

but, i also have a question. i skimmed through and didnt really see anything. what are the rules with having bands play your room? do you need a big suite? im assuming theres a cut off time for when bands have to be done by? what's the 411? thanks, Sergio

View Profile of Big Swig Send a personal message to Big Swig  Email Big Swig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 10:17 am   Permalink

Dont forget L&L BBQ (yeah I know its not Mexican) been a traditional stop since TO was in the San Diego! We all know about my recommended food option at Ricky's...... The on property food options are limited to be sure but I have to say I enjoyed the Burger Burn they did last year. Looking forward to this years food selection both on and off property. Also, hint..... AAA is right around the corner from the Crowne Plaza and Motel 6. Lots of info there for all of your dinning and driving needs. Damn, I gotta renew my membership this year too....

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-23 10:31, Otto wrote:
Quote:

Thanks everyone who chimed in....I've been to enough Oasis's to have tried the various food options, (personally not thrilled but I don't go to Tiki Oasis for the food). I had just wondered if there was a reason with as large a crowd as Oasis draws that there were never any onsite food vendors to provide something a little more Tiki?

Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Hawaiian style hot dogs with Spicy Hawaiian Pickle Relish, Sweet Maui Onion Relish, Mango Mustard, Lilikoi mustard, Guava Mustard, Shave Ice

If there's an interest and it is allowed by the hotel that's what I'd like to offer next year.

Actually the hotel has a contract on all food. It would be like bringing your own food into a restaurant or into a theme park or concert (like Coachella)

This year the Crowne Plaza is offering some Mexican food specialties. Last year They had burgers on the patio, the year before that they set up a large BBQ on the lawn but we had to get rid of that because there was not enough space for the audience and the BBQ. So the hotel does expand it's offerings for our weekend and they will continue to do so.

Mahalo Otto!

I still doubt that extends to the street if a food truck were present?
Also, they wouldn't allow outside food and yet they allow everyone to bring in as much alcohol as they can carry?
Every concert I've been to has food vendors that pay the location to be there.
Not trying to start trouble if you're not interested....just thought it would be something that the majority of Oasis attendees would like to have and wondered why there wasn't ever food vendors.

Cheers!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 11:02 am   Permalink

PS The hotel also allows outside DELIVERY food so I don't know how there contract as the only food service works?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 12:20 pm   Permalink

Countdown is ON! can't wait until we're all enjoying the sun, drinkin' the rum and getting down with our bad selves.

Sadly my friend can no longer join the party, she's got one VIP ticket for sale (they're sold out). If you're interested or know someone that is, please shoot me a private message and I'll get you in touch.

Mahalo and see you soon!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 12:49 pm   Permalink

2 more shift for Tiki Oasis has been added, and these are a good one to!

Two more symposium volunteer position have been added! Someone’s gotta help with tequila symposium! Could it be you?
Symposiums Volunteers /The Agave Seminar
includes helping to set-up and assistance during the event
Friday August 19th 1:30pm -5:30pm
Apply today at:
volunteers4tikioasis@gmail.com
Job id # SVAS101F OR SVAS102F

Dont forget to check out the remaining shift available. Heres your chance for getting into Tiki Oasis for freeeeeeeeee!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgN4PhhltK0WdG5kZVlzc3VLazlHTVJiOVFIMUZaRmc&hl=en_US

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-23 10:31, Otto wrote:
Quote:

Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Hawaiian style hot dogs with Spicy Hawaiian Pickle Relish, Sweet Maui Onion Relish, Mango Mustard, Lilikoi mustard, Guava Mustard, Shave Ice

(Old lady voice):
Why in MY day, we had only ONE place to eat at Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs: the mexican restaurant at the front of the motel! AND you had to wait an hour for your food! (Just try eating cold carnitas for breakfast!) You young whippersnappers don't realize how lucky you are with your sushi until 1:00 am and your restaurant and your patio BBQ! Not to mention Albie's Beef Inn just across the street!

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 6:46 pm   Permalink

OK, I just want to point out that Lucas Vigor and I were yakkin' about this whole Tiki "South of the Border" connection BEFORE the 2011 Oasis theme was even announced….

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=36120&forum=11

Not that I want to steal Otto's thunder for 2012, I acknowledge that we wouldn't even have a Tiki Revival if it weren't for him and the Bigbro….

But if Oasis does go "Chin Tiki", that's Chinese restaurant Tiki-style, you heard it here first.

And for those of you doubting that great idea, check this out…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0yh-Wngmc

And how about all that "Oriental" Exotica that the Big 3 put out ???

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-27 7:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-27 18:46, JOHN-O wrote:
But if Oasis does go "Chin Tiki", that's Chinese restaurant Tiki-style, you heard it here first.

But I didn't hear it here first. I heard it almost two weeks ago over here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40615&forum=17&vpost=597871

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 10:11 pm   Permalink

will the " Tijuana Surf Monkey" be represented at TiKi Oasis South of the Border?

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:08 am   Permalink

Just booked everything. Rooms are available at Crowne Plaza. I had to call them and have them email me the link for the Passkey site for Oasis. Coming in on the 17th and leaving on the 22nd.

First time in California. Should be a good time.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 5:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-27 18:46, JOHN-O wrote:
OK, I just want to point out that Lucas Vigor and I were yakkin' about this whole Tiki "South of the Border" connection BEFORE the 2011 Oasis theme was even announced….

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=36120&forum=11

Not that I want to steal Otto's thunder for 2012, I acknowledge that we wouldn't even have a Tiki Revival if it weren't for him and the Bigbro….

And for those of you doubting that great idea, check this out…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0yh-Wngmc

And how about all that "Oriental" Exotica that the Big 3 put out ???

That's true, John-o! And we never got the credit for it!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation