FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 12, 2011
Posts: 1674
From: Southern Cailifornia
Posted: 2011-08-17 9:29 pm   Permalink

MP art in the house!

 
View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Joined: Mar 29, 2002
Posts: 852
From: NorCal
Posted: 2011-08-17 10:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-16 13:26, lucas vigor wrote:
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I think everyone on this forum knows better.

Long live Tikiyaki! The ORIGINAL.



Hey, don't bag on Tikiyaki for imitating Martin Denny!!

I say there can never be too many bands playing Exotica music!


 
View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Sep 09, 2003
Posts: 1593
From: OAHU/Seattle
Posted: 2011-08-17 10:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha!



Sorry I can not attend this year. The above scan is of Mariachi at the Ikilai in 1967ish...
_________________
Waikiki Tiki; Art, History, and Photographs.
Available now from
Bess Press Hawaii.

 View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Joined: May 18, 2004
Posts: 2706
From: The Exotic Port of REDONDO BEACH, CA
Posted: 2011-08-17 11:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-17 22:08, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 13:26, lucas vigor wrote:
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I think everyone on this forum knows better.

Long live Tikiyaki! The ORIGINAL.



Hey, don't bag on Tikiyaki for imitating Martin Denny!!

I say there can never be too many bands playing Exotica music!



HEY ! I learned everything I know from the Captain and Tennile, Gene Simmons, and Grand Funk Railroad....Martin Denny had nothing to do with it.


 
View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 8849
From: Anaheim,Ca.
Posted: 2011-08-17 11:32 pm   Permalink

Jim,
Of You and Marty Lush,
Which one is Capt. and which one is Tennile?

Jeff(btd)



 
View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 8849
From: Anaheim,Ca.
Posted: 2011-08-17 11:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 22:51, bigtikidude wrote:
Have you invented or bastardized a drink to fit the theme of Tiki Oasis 11
this year? Theme being "South of the Border"

go here to discuss and post pics and recipes
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40858&forum=10&0





bump,
and introducing the "Dirty Sanchez" drink towards the bottom of the thread.



Jeff(btd)



[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2011-08-18 00:06 ]


 
View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Aug 07, 2002
Posts: 57
From: Hale Ka'ahele, Pacific Palisades, CA
Posted: 2011-08-18 01:21 am   Permalink

Psssst..kid! Wanna buy a hot ticket?


BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .


As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis Staff
_________________
Matthew E. Mateo "Hukilau" Brown


*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"


 
View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 04, 2005
Posts: 318
From: San Fransisco, now LA!
Posted: 2011-08-18 02:01 am   Permalink

Hello friends!

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to thins weekend.
I've been MIA for a long time, trying to manage/launch/re-direct my art career, paying the bills and adjusting to married life!
I have seriously missed you all!

I was so excited to participate in this years art show, and I want to share the finished pieces with you:

"Yellow Bird"
Acrylic on Black Velvet in kick-ass burnished gold frame. ~ $250
Inspired by the beautiful Exotica tune, with flavors of Calypso and Haitian roots dating back to 1893.
It first became a minor hit for the Mills Brothers in 1959, (and a great album cover) with it's most popular incarnation; a Hawaiian instrumental version by Arthur Lyman, in 1961. Chris Isaak also does a beautiful version on his album Baja Sessions.


"Blood and Sand"
Acrylic on Black Velvet in kick-ass burnished gold frame. ~ $250
I'm not gonna lie. . . Inspired first by the delicious cocktail. As you may know, there are two famous origin versions of this drink-One with Scotch and one with Tequila.
I am a fan of both and will not take sides!
It was created and named after the 1922 movie 'Blood and Sand' starring Rudolf Valentino. (Adapted from the 1909 Spanish novel 'Sangre y Arena' by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez.) There is also a beautiful Technicolor version starring Rita Hayworth and Tyrone Power done in 1941.


*Both Images inspired by Rita Hayworth, being of Spanish origins herself!

Hope you like them.
I sure enjoyed creating them, and hope to do more in the future.
I am also accepting commissions for a limited time, so hit me up on TC, or even better, grab me this weekend at Tiki Oasis!

Mahalo and Viva Atomica!
~ Suzy
*Atomikitty*





 
View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 09, 2005
Posts: 1148
From: San Diego
Posted: 2011-08-18 06:51 am   Permalink

Incredible art. Can't wait to see them in person.

 
View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrdaddy
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Nov 30, 2007
Posts: 19
From: Orange County, CA
Posted: 2011-08-18 1:07 pm   Permalink

In need of another basic weekender pass. Anyone have extra they would like to sell? I've got my fingers crossed.

 
View Profile of whoseyrdaddy Send a personal message to whoseyrdaddy  Goto the website of whoseyrdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Mar 26, 2002
Posts: 1049
From: Long Beach, CA
Posted: 2011-08-18 1:30 pm   Permalink

Got my inflatable Corona bottles & parrots, and a big stack of Jimmy Buffet CDs! Tiki Oasis, here we come!






 
View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 12, 2004
Posts: 3985
From: SOCAL
Posted: 2011-08-18 1:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-18 02:01, atomikitty wrote:
Hello friends!

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to thins weekend.
I've been MIA for a long time, trying to manage/launch/re-direct my art career, paying the bills and adjusting to married life!
I have seriously missed you all!

I was so excited to participate in this years art show, and I want to share the finished pieces with you:

"Yellow Bird"
Acrylic on Black Velvet in kick-ass burnished gold frame. ~ $250
Inspired by the beautiful Exotica tune, with flavors of Calypso and Haitian roots dating back to 1893.
It first became a minor hit for the Mills Brothers in 1959, (and a great album cover) with it's most popular incarnation; a Hawaiian instrumental version by Arthur Lyman, in 1961. Chris Isaak also does a beautiful version on his album Baja Sessions.


"Blood and Sand"
Acrylic on Black Velvet in kick-ass burnished gold frame. ~ $250
I'm not gonna lie. . . Inspired first by the delicious cocktail. As you may know, there are two famous origin versions of this drink-One with Scotch and one with Tequila.
I am a fan of both and will not take sides!
It was created and named after the 1922 movie 'Blood and Sand' starring Rudolf Valentino. (Adapted from the 1909 Spanish novel 'Sangre y Arena' by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez.) There is also a beautiful Technicolor version starring Rita Hayworth and Tyrone Power done in 1941.


*Both Images inspired by Rita Hayworth, being of Spanish origins herself!

Hope you like them.
I sure enjoyed creating them, and hope to do more in the future.
I am also accepting commissions for a limited time, so hit me up on TC, or even better, grab me this weekend at Tiki Oasis!

Mahalo and Viva Atomica!
~ Suzy
*Atomikitty*








Good stuff!

Interestingly, very few people know that Rita Hayworth is of Spanish descent. There are not many of us, of course. Some that people find suprising are Geri Hallowell (Spice Girls), Charlie Sheen (of course), Alfred Molina, Kat Von D, Lynda carter, Cameron Diaz, Dorothy Lamour, Alana Ubach, Raquel Welch, Jerry Garcia and Lucas Vigor. My dad was born there.


 
View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 1919
From: Newport Beach, Ca .
Posted: 2011-08-18 3:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-18 01:21, Hukilau Brown wrote:
Psssst..kid! Wanna buy a hot ticket?


BUYING OR SELLING TIKI OASIS TICKETS?

EventBrite is managing our ticket sales this year and as of this date TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

To pick up your tickets, you must bring a copy of your receipt or confirmation email and matching ID.
Our registration team has been trained to match the purchaser's name with the name on the ID.
This will help us to get you your wristbands quickly so you can join the party!

and...
We understand that some people have tickets they don't need
and other people want tickets they don't have.

so...
IN ORDER TO PICK UP A TICKET THAT WAS PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE:

SELLER must forward a copy of the receipt or confirmation email to the BUYER and add to the body of the email, the BUYER'S NAME AND ADDRESS as appears on the BUYERS ID.

BUYER must bring a copy of that email showing the SELLERS NAME and BUYERS NAME and present ID .


As Tiki Oasis grows, we're doing everything we can to make sure registration goes smoothly.
Mahalo for your cooperation!

Tiki Oasis Staff



A day late and a dollar short !This information should have been posted days ago .
It would have saved alot of grief and hassle for alot people !


 
View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posts: 1686
From: Mission Beach, CA
Posted: 2011-08-18 3:21 pm   Permalink

Hola a todos! Mi nombre es Enrique.



Este fin de semana no dejes de visitar TIKIDERIA FREAKBERTO'S. Oh, las cosas que usted debe ver a mis amigos ...

Este año tenemos el orgullo de función MUNKTIKI Fiestaware! Sólo las mejores tazas y para bar de los gringos del MUNKTIKI. Ellos son sin duda los hombres locos. Un padre y su hijo, de Portland.









También vendemos Aves hermosas de Cerámica!
Sarapes de colores y ponchos! Sombreros guapo!
Auténtica Mexicana Bajas encapuchados
Cabezas Reducidas y aterradora de la selva del Amazonas!

(oh, Dios mío, se me olvidaba, por el precio correcto que también le mostrará una imagen de la hermana de Red!).



Por favor, busque en nuestro stand al lado del escenario principal junto a la piscina. Nos vemos en San Diego!


 
View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 12, 2004
Posts: 3985
From: SOCAL
Posted: 2011-08-18 3:55 pm   Permalink

Estante agradable!!!!!!!!!

 
View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation