FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 1:03 pm   Permalink

Was it Los Sea Finks?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 2:15 pm   Permalink

yup it was us! and it was impromptu, we werent allowed to play our second room party so we set up shop down there, hope we didnt step on any toes! thanks for everyone that came out! we are los seafinks, and u can download our album for free on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Los-SeaFinks/152794888100042

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 2:40 pm   Permalink

You did not step on Tiki Hell's shoes! We in hell love that kind of "Punk" spirit. We loved that you went for it.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

I just set the wife and kids to bed when we heard the los seafinks go off like a thunder. Yes it woke everyone up. No, we didnt mind!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:00 pm   Permalink

What about that fire alarm? To whoever pulled it: Thank you for the perfect excuse we needed to gracefully, and finally, send our room party guests into the night and out of our room.

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wedgie

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:04 pm   Permalink

Enjoyed the Friday set, but Saturday in the Atrium was a stroke of genius.

View Profile of Wedgie Send a personal message to Wedgie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:14 pm   Permalink

A great big thank you from North Bay Rum Bums. We loved putting on the TIKI HELL party to share with you, our love of all things tiki AND our love of a good drinking dance party. The music sucked and the drinks did too, but you all came anyways. Thanks to Top Notch, Jennifer Hayes, Ace, Abuelo, and all the great people who stopped by and shared it with us!!!

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:16 pm   Permalink

Well i had a great time as well! the FINKNIKS booth went off and i would like to thank everyone for making CREEPXOTICA feel very welcomed!!! we somehow managed to play every floor, all elevators including the service ones, the atrium, poolside, and the artshow! Otto and Baby Doe thanks for having us! if you saw CREEPXOTICA and would like to own it, you can purchase it from Lee at dionysusrecords.com . He released a 45 for us and it comes with free digital dload! see you soon! And if you diodnt know it, we are THE CREEPY CREEPS!!!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thestoked1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 14:15, tikithomas08 wrote:
yup it was us! and it was impromptu, we werent allowed to play our second room party so we set up shop down there, hope we didnt step on any toes! thanks for everyone that came out! we are los seafinks, and u can download our album for free on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Los-SeaFinks/152794888100042

That racket got me and the misses out of bed. But it was an amazing racket so we stayed til the end! I'll post some vids when i'm back in nj.

View Profile of thestoked1 Send a personal message to thestoked1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 3:52 pm   Permalink

sorry about that, glad ya dug it tho! cant wait to see those videos!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 4:25 pm   Permalink

Well, I for one didn't "dig" it, sorry to burst your bubble, but I was trying to sleep and that f'ing noise was echoing all through the atrium. Do you realize that vendors had to get up at 7 or so, and there were kids there as well and you basically woke up everyone who was "trying" to sleep? Then once you assholes finally quieted down, there was a dumbass playing drums down by the pool at 2:30. Then the fire alarm went off at 3:20.... Many of us won't be going back to Titty Oasis because, even though we requested a "quiet room" in an area with no room parties, there isn't a single room in that hotel where you can get a night's sleep.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 4:59 pm   Permalink

kiki, im sorry about that. i know you guys have paid good money for that room, and deserved to sleep. in retrospect we should have concidered that and the time we played. im not looking for forgiveness because i cant give you your night of sleep back, just wanted to let you know that we are all sorry for the noise, and dont plan on doing any shows at TO without permision again. as far as the drumming by the pool or the fire alarm, that was not us. hope you dont hold any grudges agains TO for this. the noise was our fault not theirs.

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2011-08-22 17:01 ]

Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-22 5:11 pm   Permalink

I didn't mind the band so much and they were right outside my door! I wish I had heard the Theremin, though. I would have dressed sooner and appreciated it more. I did NOT appreciate the fire alarm or the drum guy. And why, WHY, would someone bring a caged rooster to the hotel at that hour? If I had brought my computer, I was dying to download strangled rooster sounds or a gunshot followed by bird squawk to appease the angry guests. The effects of a bad burrito didn't help. I was more upset at the thought that the shennanigans might dissuade the hotel from hosting Tiki Oasis 12! I hope they understand that the party never stops. And they did provide earplugs, which work very well. Thanks for a neat event!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-22 5:12 pm   Permalink

Knowing what I know about large events like Tiki Oasis...unless you are the type of person who can sleep through anything, you should do what I did: Check into another hotel within walking distance.

We were at the Handlerly hotel just down the street. Even despite the fact that I was piss-drunk and exhausted after the Hula Girl's room party...I was able to carry my heavy percussion instruments and stumble the half mile back to our hotel where it was completely silent all night long! That long-ass walk was well worth it because I would not have been able to sleep at all if I had stayed at the Crowne.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-08-22 5:37 pm   Permalink

Eavesdropped conversation, "I asked for a quiet room and the hotel put me next to Hell! What's quiet about Hell?!" Felt for this woman's situation, but giggled at her comment all night.

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation