FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-30 09:10 am   Permalink

and God said let there be the Ukulele
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oDVEhxEVKI&feature=related

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-30 12:03 pm   Permalink

Everytime I check the Tiki Oasis website it seems like you add more and more -- its like baby steps to the real event!

Love the DJ lineup!!

Can't wait to check out the tequila tasting seminar too.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-30 10:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-30 12:03, SandraDee wrote:
Every time I check the Tiki Oasis website it seems like you add more and more -- its like baby steps to the real event!

There are a few more band announcement surprises
as well as symposiums TBA
as well as other fun stuff like Crazy Al's Moustache Contest!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 08:36 am   Permalink

Hope this is the right place to put it but DeTiki Custom Carvings (us!) will be there again with an outdoor booth, but no way to get a pop up vending tent cross country. We fly with most of the merchandise and ship just a few boxes. We will offer a purse worths of credit in the shop ($125!) to the first person that steps up and promises to have one there for us. We can even take the order now and you can pick it up then. Email us privately at DeTiki@yahoo.com. We did pretty okay with just tables last year but it will be worth some bartering to keep my skin the same shade as my foundation, and a local with some trunk space can get something cool!

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 3:09 pm   Permalink

We're wanting to book a room at the Crown Plaza for the first time. Is there a certain section or wing that's designated for people who need to get SOME sleep?
We'll do some partying, but not all night! Do you even get to choose a room/floor/section/wing when booking, or is it strictly you get what they give you, and like it?
Any tips or advice?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-02 12:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-01 15:09, 4WDtiki wrote:
We're wanting to book a room at the Crown Plaza for the first time. Is there a certain section or wing that's designated for people who need to get SOME sleep?
We'll do some partying, but not all night! Do you even get to choose a room/floor/section/wing when booking, or is it strictly you get what they give you, and like it?
Any tips or advice?

I have tried to get the hotel to commit to this and it is a struggle for various reasons I won't go into.
The best you can do is look at the maps that I have created. Filename: crowne_plaza_room_guide.pdf
downloadable under the "ROMM TYPE" tab here:
http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/hotelbooking/crowneplaza/

The Tower Suites are located on floors 5 - 8 in the middle of the towers and at the back. So the farthest away from there are the rooms located closest to the Freeway/jacuzzi shown in orange and the rooms at the ends of the Towers shown in magenta.

You can request these rooms in the notes section when booking but the only real way to secure any particular room is to request it upon check-in and keep in mind that rooms are on a first come first served basis (ie someone arriving on Wednesday night could request that same room and they would get it)

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-02 05:47 am   Permalink

Thanks, Otto, that helps!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-02 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-01 15:09, 4WDtiki wrote:

Last Oasis we stayed in one of the freeway side rooms that Otto mentioned. I requested the quietest room possible in the notes when I made the online reservation, and that is where they put us. It was indeed very quiet! This year we did a 180 and requested a stage view room because we felt we were missing out on the fun. Hopefully we won't regret it!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-02 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-29 08:19, Tobor64 wrote:
I booked my room & got my tickets on Wednesday but now that I look at my confirmation & the room descriptions currently on the Crowne Plaza website, it looks like I may not have the room I wanted. My confirmation says I have a Leisure Room which, according to the T.O. site, says is near the jacuzzi. Yet now on the Crowne Plaza site, a King Size Leisure is said to face the golf course. I'm confused! Can you clarify, please?

More clarification on room types
When you get to the hotel reservations page you will see a room type called Leisure
These are in the North Tower where the elevators are

FYI, Behind the stage is east tower

The rooms that were part of the original motor motel and are near the freeway or jacuzzi are simply referred to as Single King
These are sold out but if you want one you can still try to request one at check in cause someone might switch rooms upon arrival

More importantly, we only have 50 rooms left and these will be gone within days so if you were thinking about booking at the Crowne Plaza please do it now

Tiki-mingo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-02 7:17 pm   Permalink

Room Booked!

View Profile of Tiki-mingo Send a personal message to Tiki-mingo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-02 18:24, Otto wrote:

More importantly, we only have 50 rooms left and these will be gone within days so if you were thinking about booking at the Crowne Plaza please do it now

Holy Smokes!
that is fast.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 10:12 am   Permalink

Do we need to make a reservation at the Bali Hai for Thursday night or just show up? If we need to make a reservation, is there some procedure beyond just going to the site link to do it? i.e. A party of 2 getting together with others to fill a table?

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rongo29
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-03 8:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-03 10:12, Swanky wrote:
Do we need to make a reservation at the Bali Hai for Thursday night or just show up? If we need to make a reservation, is there some procedure beyond just going to the site link to do it? i.e. A party of 2 getting together with others to fill a table?

I was wondering the same thing!

View Profile of Rongo29 Send a personal message to Rongo29  Email Rongo29     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-04 12:01 am   Permalink

If you want to have a sit down dinner at the Bali Hai you need to CALL them and make your dinner reservation!!
(619) 222-1181

Do this soon. I always forget and never get a reservation

Of course you can always skip the dinner and just come to the event downstairs. They usually set-up some sort of paid buffet.

Let me just warn you now that the drinks at the Bali Hai are strong! Really pace yourself.

XO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rongo29
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-04 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-04 00:01, babydoe wrote:
If you want to have a sit down dinner at the Bali Hai you need to CALL them and make your dinner reservation!!
(619) 222-1181

Do this soon. I always forget and never get a reservation

Of course you can always skip the dinner and just come to the event downstairs. They usually set-up some sort of paid buffet.

Let me just warn you now that the drinks at the Bali Hai are strong! Really pace yourself.

XO Baby Doe

Thanks a lot!

Also, I think the dates are listed wrong on the website under Ticket Information. (http://tikioasis.com/2011/tickets/)
It should be Thursday, August 18th, not 19th, etc
Specifically where it says:

Registration and Ticket Will Call location and times
Thursday, August 19th at the Bali Hai
Lanai 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Friday, August 20th at the Crowne Plaza
Grand Hanalei and Kona Coast Ballrooms Foyer 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Saturday, August 21st at the Crowne Plaza
Grand Hanalei and Kona Coast Ballrooms Foyer 10:00 AM 11:00 PM

Sunday, August 22nd at the Crown Plaza
Grand Hanalei and Kona Coast Ballrooms Foyer 5:00 PM 10:00 PM

View Profile of Rongo29 Send a personal message to Rongo29  Email Rongo29     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation