FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-11 6:22 pm   Permalink

Just a couple weeks away! Be sure to put June 27th on your calendars for the second of a 5 part summer cocktail series from 320 Main. Doors open at 7pm and the bar will rock until 11pm, however, as some cocktails ran out with in two hours, I highly recommend getting there early. They will be stocking up and I'll be juicing even more fruit for the night! But, I still recommend getting in early so you get a chance to sample as many of the cocktails as you can.

This time its a nod to Tiki's legends... a cocktail flight of Don's famous recipes sampled head to head with Trader Vic's recipes. The QB Cooler and the Mai Tai... try them both and compare. The menu will consist half of Don's classics and half of Trader Vic's treasures... recipes and authenticity thanks to the Beachbum Berry archives and I can attest all fruit juices are hand squeezed that day (I personally did most of it last time) and syrups are either homemade or being provided by Trader Tiki. It's going to be a great night once again.

See you there!

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-12 7:31 pm   Permalink

Joby,
will there be a TV's Navy Grog?
that is my fave drink of theirs, and its totally different than the Don's Navy Grog.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-12 8:54 pm   Permalink

I'll update with the official list ASAP. I believe the recipes though will be cocktails they each specifically invented to compete with the other. I'm not sure, though, I'll post when I know.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-14 12:39 pm   Permalink

Cocktails that will be served at the next event:

Mai Tai
QB Cooler
Zombie
Scorpion Bowl*
Cinerama Luau Punch*
Fogcutter
Tortuga
Dr. Funk

*served as punches from punch bowls

Cocktails will be $10, Punches will be $6

[ This Message was edited by: tikigeeki 2011-06-15 09:29 ]

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-15 09:31 am   Permalink

Just a quick adjustment of the cocktail selection above. Punches will be $6.

My bad.

Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-06-15 09:36 am   Permalink

I'm excited! I'll definitely be there! <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-18 09:18 am   Permalink

Got an update from Jason on the specific ingredients that will be used, for you cocktail geeks out there, as well as info on prizes!

QB Cooler
Appleton Reserve Jamaican Rum, DonQ Anejo Rum, El Dorado 12yr Rum, Lime Juice, Orange Juice, Honey Syrup, Falernum, Ginger Syrup, Angostura

Mai Tai
Appleton 12yr Jamaican Rum, Clement VSOP Rum, Creole Shrubb,Lime Juice, Orgeat, Rich Simple Syrup

Dr. Funk
Coruba Dark Jamaican Rum, Lime Juice, Pernod Absinthe, Grenadine

Tortuga
Lemonhart 151 Rum, Ron Matusalem Platino Rum, Italian Vermouth, Crème de Cacao, Orange Curacao, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, Orange Juice, Grenadine

Zombie
Appleton Reserve Jamaican Rum, Ron Matusalem Platino Rum, Lemonhart 151 Rum, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Pineapple Juice, Demerara, Angostura

Fogcutter
Appleton Reserve Jamaican Rum, Barsol Pisco, Plymouth Gin, Orgeat, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Sherry Float

Cinerama Luau Punch
Appleton Reserve Jamaican Rum, White Wine, Orange Curacao,
Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice

Scorpion Bowl
Ron Matusalem Platino Rum, Brandy, Orgeat, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice

In addition to all the fun from last tiki night- we'll also be holding a raffle in conjunction with the voting so everyone who casts a vote for one of Don or Vic's drinks has a chance to win one of 5 prizes. Prizes include: a bottle of Appleton 12yr Rum, an authentic Martinique swizzle stick, a $25 gift card to 320 Main, a bottle of Lemonhart 151 and a Tiki mug with $100 worth of 320 Main drink chips.

Winners will be announced at 10pm. (Must be present to win)

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-24 9:51 pm   Permalink

Remember, this Monday! Hope to see everyone there!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 11:00 am   Permalink

tonight

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

The prep for tonight has already begun... pretty bottles of Lemon Hart 151... so pretty...

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 12:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who came out last night! Although I am a purist and voted blindly for Don's recipes, Trader Vic was awarded the most votes in general and deemed the winner over all. I have to admit, though, that Mai Tai was badass! I am proud to say that I did order one of each and every cocktail and the two punches... an impressive feat indeed.

Recipes

Voting stations

Cinerama Luau Punch

QB Cooler

Hope to see everyone next month!

Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 2:22 pm   Permalink

nooowww I remember where I was last night!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 9:17 pm   Permalink

I only had 1 mixed drink, and 1 punch,
but they were both really good,
I will be back next month.

Jeff(btd)

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-29 09:05 am   Permalink

REPEAT REMATCH!!!! i'm so POed that i had to miss this....

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 11:48 am   Permalink

Whoa! Where did the time go?! Next Tiki Night at 320 Main is THIS MONDAY, July 18!

This month, the cocktail exploration delves into Tiki's tropical cousins with a focus on the tropical cocktails of Cuba. Many of these cocktails have been lumped into 'Tiki' in many of the minds of bartenders and patrons, despite the fact they aren't exactly descended from the South Pacific traditions of the Don's and Vic's lineage. Many of these cocktails were made famous during Prohibition, before the birth of Tiki. Come try these cousins, the tropical Cuban (mostly) cocktails the way they were created originally.

Bacardi has agreed to sponsor this event and is providing the rum... however, there was one condition: we ONLY want the Bacardi 1909. Done!

Come try these classic Prohibition era tropical cocktails the way they were originally made, with the closest reproduction of the rum that made the Daiquiri famous!

Tiki Night #3 Tropical Drinks of Cuba

Mojito
Daiquiri
Hemingway Daiquiri
Pina Colada
El Presidente
Bacardi Cocktail
Mary Pickford

All drinks will be made with Bacardi 1909 and drink prices are $8.

Hot Dogs will be available and DJ Ken Caldretti will be spinning the tunes to get everyone in the Cuban mood.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation