FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 09:56 am   Permalink

Still recovering from Tiki Oasis... man that was amazing... but Monthly Tiki night at 320 Main is coming up this Monday, Aug 29 at 7pm!

Creaky Tiki - This month we explore the cocktails that were not park of the Tiki movement, but certainly had an influence on the development of Tiki cocktails. Another look at the linage and evolution of how Tiki came about. Sure, there has been a religious backlash of folks who believe Donn Beach spontaneously created his cocktails all at once, but scientifically, we can see definite influences of an evolving nature. Chat with Jason, Marcos and RumDood about these cocktails and their influence. Come down to 320 Main and explore them with some vintage tunes and the usual $4 dogs.

Queens Park Swizzle, Ti Punch, Singapore Sling, Hurricane, Fish House, and more!

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 12:53 pm   Permalink

Here's the full list of cocktails:

Philadelphia Fish House Punch
Singapore Sling
Ti Punch
Queens Park Swizzle
East India Cocktail
Hurricane
Have a Heart Cocktail
Bajan Rum Punch

Drinks are $8, punches are $6

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CraigtheKeg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-25 2:45 pm   Permalink

My son Jeff (BTD) usually goes to Don's on Mondays, but this sounds like something I might like to try. I'll ask him if he wants to go, maybe stop in at both places.

View Profile of CraigtheKeg Send a personal message to CraigtheKeg  Email CraigtheKeg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-25 14:45, CraigtheKeg wrote:
My son Jeff (BTD) usually goes to Don's on Mondays, but this sounds like something I might like to try. I'll ask him if he wants to go, maybe stop in at both places.

I'd definitely recommend eating at Don's first, unless all you want is a quick LA or Chicago style dog. Since doors don't open until 7pm, there's plenty of time for dinner at Don's.

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 12:48 pm   Permalink

Tonight! Doors open at 7pm. Explore the cocktails that came before Tiki and helped shape the drinks we love so much. Hope to see you there!

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 12:56 pm   Permalink

what was that about too-much to-do.....

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 1:38 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation