FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA 2012-Official Thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
OHANA 2012-Official Thread
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-30 2:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha!!!!!

First of all, HUGE mahalos to everyone who came out this year!! Best Ohana yet? I sure as hell think so!!

Now, right off the bat, for those who were there, you may have noticed that we announced next year’s dates. What I didn’t tell you was the SUPER HUGE AMAZING NEWS about next year…

A little TV show from the MTV network happens to be looking for ways to mix it up yet again, and instead of moving them to Cali, or some tropical island, they’ve decided to move the cast every two weeks during the summer to a different resort town throughout the United States.

And YES! Lake George is one of those resort towns!

And YES!! They will be there during the weekend of Ohana next year!

And YES!!! After MUCH negotiating and haggling, I convinced the producers that they should be our special VIP guests at the event!

I’m so excited, I’ve even gone so far as to re-brand the event, just for next year!

So, mark your calendars…. Next year’s event is June 21st-24th, 2012.

Now that’s if you want to be there for the entire Kick-off party and everything, and I HIGHLY recommend coming in a day early, or staying a day or two later, so you can see all the great things Lake George has to offer, and rub elbows with our special celebrity guests!

But of course, you can adjust your days accordingly.

The Tiki is taking reservations NOW, although they do require a deposit for Friday & Saturday nights.

Call them direct at 518-668-5744 and be sure to mention OHANA, and that you’re coming for the event.

Tickets wont be on sale until early next year, but we’re already hard at work!!

This is one you don’t wanna miss!!

Prepare to have the time of your life, catch some rays, and fist pump the night away, at our very first….

DTF, Bargoyle

Ok, yeah, I’m totally messing with you.

But those ARE the dates, and we’ll have a post-Ohana questionnaire in a week or so to get your feedback on the event.

We’ll also have some merch up for sale on the website soon, and the Tiki Resort is looking for ways to make itself even MORE tiki, so start thinking of suggestions for them.

More on all of that in the next email blast.

Enjoy the holiday weekend. Go blow something up!!

And thanks again for the greatest weekend of the year.

-B.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2011-06-30 14:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2012-05-14 05:58 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-01 3:24 pm   Permalink

you had me going for a minute! mtv is so desperate for programs they just might do it.

booking a room as soon as my card can take the hit.

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-01 3:28 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle is crazy enough and convincing enough to pull off a stunt like that. Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Anyway...

See you at the Lake!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-01 7:31 pm   Permalink

I plan on making this my first Ohana so please don't go givin' those people at MTV any ideas.

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-01 8:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-01 15:28, rev_thumper wrote:
Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Wait..... Am I bringing the Viking Helmets or not?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-02 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-01 20:07, Chip and Andy wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 15:28, rev_thumper wrote:
Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Wait..... Am I bringing the Viking Helmets or not?

Why not? It could be interesting.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Voodoo Devil

Posted: 2011-07-02 7:32 pm   Permalink

OK you totally got me.. I was like "Nooooo!! I finally discovered something cool and it's gonna be ruined by Jersey Shore trash!" hahaha [whew]

Before any New Jerseyites get all upset... I'm referring to the SHOW Jersey Shore which only has one cast member who is actually from NJ. But I did grow up in NJ so that makes me qualified to call out Jersey shore trash when I see it

View Profile of Voodoo Devil Send a personal message to Voodoo Devil  Email Voodoo Devil     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 11:45 am   Permalink

From todays email... I'm breaking it into two since some is for next year, and some for this year... which thread am I in again?

I hope I do this right...

...And sorry about the little joke last week. For those of you viewing on smart-phones, you probably didn’t get to the end (I know some of you didn’t by the amount of “Are you crazy!?!?!” emails that I received), so let me just assure you, MTV will NOT be present at next year’s Ohana. Neither will the Jersey Shore cast, or, the Real Housewives of Wherever, or Celebrity Rehab stars. We don’t believe in VIPs or special guests… as far as I’m concerned, you are ALL our VIPs!

No, it will be business as usual (not that its ever “usual”) out at the Lake, and we will once again cap attendance, to keep the event at that magic size that seems to work so well.

So, mark your calendars…. Next year’s event is June 21st-24th, 2012.

That’s if you want to be there for the entire Kick-off party and everything. The event proper is Friday, the 22nd – Sunday the 24th. And as always, I recommend coming in a day or two early or staying a day or two later to see all that wonderful wacky kitschy Lake George has to offer.

And yes, The Tiki is taking reservations NOW, although they do require a deposit for Friday & Saturday nights.

Call them direct at 518-668-5744 and be sure to mention OHANA, and that you’re coming for the event.

Tickets won’t be on sale until early next year, but we’re already hard at work!!

Ok, I think that was it for next year... the rest of the email is in the 2011 thread.

if you dont get my semi-coherent babbling emails, and want to, you can still sign up at
www.LuauAtTheLake.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-06 7:08 pm   Permalink

See you there!

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 7:34 pm   Permalink

I was warming up the "Laser Satellite" in preparation to destroying everything within a 10 mile
radius of you, I mean I was in a 5 second countdown to press the button!
so don't kid around like that! it can get you vaporized.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 6:50 pm   Permalink

Great news!!

Quote:
The Fraternal Order of Moai, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(10) organization, is pleased to announce the details of the 2011 annual donation to our national charity, the Easter Island Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Order has donated $6,500 to the foundation to fund two scholarships for Rapa Nui students attending college and also provide support for the foundation's general fund. This gift renews and enlarges The Fraternal Order of Moai Scholarship and The Fraternal Order of Moai Tangata Manu Scholarship as well. Funds for this gift, including a portion of general event proceeds as well as silent auction and mystery bowl auction donations, were raised at Ohana Luau at the Lake 2011 in Lake George, New York.

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2011/11/07/fom-sends-2011-donation-to-eif

Can't wait to do it again in 2012!!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-07 7:05 pm   Permalink

that is awesome news. see you in june!

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-11 04:59 am   Permalink

And speaking of 2012...

Yes, rooms are still available at the Tiki Resort for Ohana 2012 but don't wait too long! To make your reservation, call the hotel directly at 518-668-5744 and ask for the Ohana Room Block. There is a minimum stay of two nights and an advance deposit is required when the reservation is made. (Note: in the off-season, call Monday-Friday during daytime hours.)

TikiRenee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-14 07:54 am   Permalink

Already booked our reservations for 2012 on the last day of Ohana 2011. Looking forward to having another blast and raising tons more money for a wonderful chairity!

View Profile of TikiRenee Send a personal message to TikiRenee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 09:33 am   Permalink

Here's a little video to help tide you over to the next Ohana & relive the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUH0zPdWZH0

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation