FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 1:22 pm   Permalink

Tickets are selling quickly....Make sure you get yours ASAP!! This is a event you're not going to want to miss out on

Purchase your tickets here:
Waikiki Tiki: Spend An Evening in Paradise

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 1:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I just want to remind you that this will be a chance for you in attendance to HEAR the VOICE of Donn Beach. DON THE BEACHCOMBER! GREAT QUALITY SOUND. You would swear you were right there at his luau in 1957-58. You do NOT want to miss this if you are in the LA area. I played it for Jeff Berry when he was here, and I must tell you, he was quite amazed. Loads of Eye candy not used in the Book... Smokin' Menehunes have assured my that they are going to be at the top of their game. this is going to be a super fun event! I am going to have some books for sale as well in case you do not already own it. if you do have a copy, feel free to bring it, and I'll sign it.

Best,

Phillip

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-08-26 3:19 pm   Permalink

Phillip, my wife and I are really looking forward to hearing you at this event. We were in Hawaii in 1970 for celebrating are wedding. We will be celebrating are anniversary at this event. I am looking forward to buying you a DTB Mai Tai. Roger and Margi Brittan

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-26 5:12 pm   Permalink

Very kind words from Holden Westland, owner of Tiki Farm:
"During my travels to Hawaii in years past for both business and pleasure, I’ve had the opportunity to meet up with my pal, Honolulu resident Phil Roberts, on many occasions to review the progress of his “dream book”. Phil had originally wanted to entitle his body of work “Waikiki Tiki; Past & Present”. Phil’s obsession and his passion for the rise and the fall and the subsequent resurrection of “Tiki” in the greater Waikiki area is clearly evident in his impressive body of work, now officially entitled “Waikiki Tiki; Art, History And Photographs”. Phil’s dream indeed became a published reality!"

“Waikiki Tiki & Dinner Show”

Sunday, September 04, 2011 at 6:45PM
Don The Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

To purchase tickets:
www.donthebeachcomber.com
Phone: (562) 592-1321

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

YOU MUST ATTEND TO Hear Donn's voice! I cannot overstate the HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE of this. Like Tiki? Donn started it. Like RUM drinks? DON STARTED IT. LOVE HAWAII? So did he.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 10:00 am   Permalink

OK, I'm officially in. That was kind of expensive. What's up with that Phillip, are they flying you out here first class ??

Ha, ha. Just kidding. That includes dinner AND the Smokin' Menehunes (who I haven't seen for almost 4 months). And I understand Lucas Vigor has doubled his rates.

Lookin' forward to your preso...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 12:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-08-27 10:00, JOHN-O wrote:
What's up with that Phillip, are they flying you out here first class ??

No, I am flying coach, JOHN-O... It will be good to see you.

Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 2:30 pm   Permalink

Tickets purchased! Looking forward to it.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-27 3:24 pm   Permalink

Phil is really putting a lot of time and effort to make this show great! I understand that there may be a little pamplet given to all in attendance... Please continue to tell your friends. This is something that any Don the Beachcomber and/or tiki fan won't want to miss!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2011-08-27 4:03 pm   Permalink

I just received an E-mail from my friend in Hawaii, Gecko, he is sending a hand made Tiki Mug to my house to be in the charity raffle next Sunday the 4 at the event. Phillip is one of Gecko's friends in Hawaii. There will be Hawaiian OHANA at this event.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-27 6:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-08-27 16:03, HB TIKI wrote:
I just received an E-mail from my friend in Hawaii, Gecko, he is sending a hand made Tiki Mug to my house to be in the charity raffle next Sunday the 4 at the event.

HB, I will be happy to accept that Mai-tai and wish you a happy anniversary! Many mahalos to Gecko! That is a sweet man! He has also HEARD the voice of Don the Beachcomber and was absolutely delighted. I look forward to seeing ALL of the California Ohana at this wonderful event!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-28 08:19 am   Permalink

The Mai Tai's will be flowin' next Sunday!!! As expected, ticket sales are brisk coming into the final week before the event. Please get your tickets now to assure a place at this historic event! Be one of the first on the mainland (in the last 50+ years) to hear Donn Beach's welcome speech at Waikiki's Don the Beachcomber circa 1957-1958.

A must for any true Don the Beachcomber fan!!!

Purchase your tickets here:

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-08-28 08:20 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-28 9:35 pm   Permalink

I just received 12 books from Everett Peacock to give away at the event!!!

This book will make you feel like you're on a tropical island enjoying a Coco Loco Moco at a remote tiki bar.

Mahalo Mahalo Mahalo Everett!!!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-29 08:53 am   Permalink

Questions have been rolling in about the cost at the door the night of the event...We have been telling people that since it is a "limiting seating" event we cannot guarantee there will be availability at the door..

Secure your seats here:

If you cannot purchase through the website, contact me and I'll work with you!

Thanks and it's going to be a great show!

HB TIKI

Posted: 2011-08-29 3:38 pm   Permalink

Just finished the frame for Sept 4 HAWAII Exhibition at Dons for the Phillip Roberts, Menehunes, and Luau. This is a one of a kind frame that be in the Charity Auction.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation