FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-01 11:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

WOW. I don't personallly own one of those Trader Vic's Polynesian Pottery Seahorse mugs and I always seemed to get out bid. It's one of those few things that had elluded me in my over 17+ year search while making the book. Most of the things I most craved rarely stayed in the islands. These tourist things, brought back to remember a great vacation are only occasionally found here.

I guess I'll have to buy a couple of tickets too. Good cause!

It's going to be great to see you Holden and I appreciate your support.

I promise a great show. "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii" has taken on a life of it's own and grown to over 400 images. The ACTUAL VOICE OF DONN "THE BEACHCOMBER" BEACH being heard for the first time since his passing in 1989 is a special 2 minutes.

FYI, If there are any "Exotica" radio shows or other media in LA that would like to interview me about the book or the program, please ask. I will be happy to make myself available on Saturday (and Sunday Morning) after I land.

best,

Phillip

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mr_retro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-02 09:51 am   Permalink

Thanks for the hotel info SoccerTiki!
It was a big help.

Best,
Darrin

View Profile of mr_retro Send a personal message to mr_retro      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 11:34 am   Permalink

This is going to be a nice, old school tiki event! The Smokin' Menehunes hope you all enjoy our old-fashioned, relaxing vibe!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 10:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm off to the airport and will be out of touch for a few hours. Looking forward to seeing good friends, old and new. I hear LA has some spots I should check out.

best,

Phillip

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 10:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm off to the airport and will be out of touch for a few hours. Looking forward to seeing good friends, old and new. I hear LA has some spots I should check out.

best,

Phillip

HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 02:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-01 13:28, HB TIKI wrote:
I just receiced the Tiki Mug from my friend GECKO that will be in the charity auction on Sunday Sept 4
at Dons the Beachcomber. It is the KONA GOLD MUG made in Hawaii.

That looks like one of the limited edition mugs(25) made for the Mai Tai festival on the Big Island ...nice!

Phillip Roberts and Beachbum Berry at La Mariana

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-03 08:14 am   Permalink

WooHoo! One More Day!! During this event we will be doing a Raffle to help raise money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Honolulu Organization.

Big Brothers and Big sisters of Honolulu

Raffle Tickets will be $5 a piece or 8 Tickets for $20

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 10:23 am   Permalink

Aloha!

I have arrived safe and sound! So stoked! This is going to be so MUCH FUN!

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-09-03 10:24 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-03 11:22 am   Permalink

Wow! Phil brought this over from Hawaii to be in the raffle!!! A pre-1960 piece:

Come to the show! Purchase your tickets here:
Waikiki Tiki: Spend An Evening in Paradise

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 4:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I hope you in LA are making plans to come by Don the Beachcomber, Huntington Beach tomorrow night,
to see the awesome show and hear the voice of the BEACHCOMBER!.

I know you will enjoy my talk about Hawaii and the original & vintage photographs!

Best,

Phillip

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-04 08:30 am   Permalink

Thank you to all who purchased tickets in advance! There will be tickets available at the door. Please be there at 6:30 to purchase tickets. The Smokin' Menehunes will begin at 6:45pm. There is a bar inside the Hidden Village so go directly to the back of Don the Beachcomber. See you tonight!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-04 5:05 pm   Permalink

Woohoo! Tonight's the night...See you in a few.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-04 5:19 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al will be our Crazy raffler for the evening! It's gonna be a crazy fun night!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-04 6:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Almost getting ready to start the festivities! I understand that tickets are available at the door. Already meeting some very nice people! Come on by Don the BEACHCOMBER in Huntington Beach!

Best,

Phillip

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-05 09:13 am   Permalink

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who Spent The Evening in Paradise With Us at Don's last night. It was so good to see so many old friends and to meet some new friends too What a Fun Night.....WooHooo!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation