FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Which Trader Vic's are the most classic ones to go see
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Which Trader Vic's are the most classic ones to go see
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-20 09:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-06 13:06, TikiMookie wrote:
Matt the Cat here, we will be in Dubai this July for a day on our way to Kenya and plan to go to TV Dubai. Can't wait!

There are two Trader Vic's and a TV Mai Tai Lounge in Dubai.
The one in the Crown Plaza was small, very old-school (similar to Atlanta)and more "locals".
The one in the Jumeirah's Souk Madinat was more upscale, international and party central. It's in a resort mall and a short walk to the beach to see the Burj al Arab.
The Mai Tai Lounge was modern for sure and the most worried about me taking pics.
They each had Cuban bands, different! Cuban bands and the favorite drink was the Tiki Puka Puka, often served without the gardenia
All of the staffs were really friendly and I left with parting gifts!!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-20 10:46 pm   Permalink

Pittsburgh pauly, there's this really cool technology you should look into...

It's called a digital camera. Also I understand there are some phones that are also cameras !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-21 7:04 pm   Permalink

Matt the cat here again, Thanks for the insight PPauly, maybe we'll see you there!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-22 08:30 am   Permalink

Very excited to be going to Atlanta next week and will be staying within walking distance of the Atlanta TV's!

Sorry, had to share with someone who would appreciate it.

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-20 22:46, JOHN-O wrote:
Pittsburgh pauly, there's this really cool technology you should look into...

It's called a digital camera. Also I understand there are some phones that are also cameras !!

A what now? Ca-me-ra? New fangled contraptions!
I'll fish some out and post them to the three threads I started in Locating Tiki. I don't take many photos, seems like they get in the way of experience. (and the establishments seemed a little worried about having photographic evidence of Emiratees falling off the wagon. The bars, in theory, are for tourists only, as alcohol is forbidden in Islam.)

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-21 19:04, TikiMookie wrote:
Matt the cat here again, Thanks for the insight PPauly, maybe we'll see you there!

Naw, It was a once in a lifetime deal back in '09. The S.O. had a "Fam" trip, to familiarize himself with the location, I was +1 for a 4 night tour.
I don't see it in the cards to ever be back.

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-06 13:06, TikiMookie wrote:
Matt the Cat here, we will be in Dubai this July for a day on our way to Kenya and plan to go to TV Dubai. Can't wait!

Looks like you'll be able to hit FOUR Trader Vic's while in Dubai. I just saw that one is opening in June in a development called Festival City.
I started a thread in locating tiki. It looks fairly old school!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42583&forum=2

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation