FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's Portland -- The Wait is Over.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Portland -- The Wait is Over.
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 5:31 pm   Permalink

I am looking forward to being in Portland at the end of August and will make the new Trader Vic's my first stop! Hope you'll let this gal from Tiki Magazine snap a few photos while I'm there!

Thanks for sharing your photos and experience, Sven. Glad to hear you had a good time. Portland is one of my favorite cities.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 6:42 pm   Permalink

Wow...this place looks like they're doing it right...

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-27 7:50 pm   Permalink

I'd love one of those shirts, very cool!!

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 8:01 pm   Permalink

OMG.
That shirt is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Const Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-28 12:08 am   Permalink

Geez, did everybody score an invite on Monday except for me? Now I have to cry myself to sleep...

View Profile of Const Tiki Send a personal message to Const Tiki  Email Const Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 12:20 am   Permalink

But why? YOU are in Portland, many here are not! We should cry. After all:

Quote:

On 2011-07-20 16:10, TraderVic'sPDX wrote:
Want to be among the very first to try the new Trader Vic's Portland? You can now make reservations on Open Table. The Grand Opening is Aug. 1 but you can get in one of the soft openings as early as July 28.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 09:17 am   Permalink

I am looking forward to seeing many more photos from those lucky Portlanders/Mainlanders/Islanders visiting this Tiki Temple in the future here.

I am especially curious to see the entrance and Tikis on the exterior!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderVic'sPDX
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-27 16:37, Dustycajun wrote:
Sven,

Excellent report and pics. This one looks to be a must see. The mug and shirt are bound to be instant classics.

As for those framed drink illustrations, did they actually come from an old Trader Vic's menu or restaurant? Never seen anything like that before.

DC

Those illustrations are from the original Trader Vic's.

View Profile of TraderVic'sPDX Send a personal message to TraderVic'sPDX  Email TraderVic'sPDX Goto the website of TraderVic'sPDX     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ken Kanaka

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:53 am   Permalink

The Trader Vic's in Emeryville also has a number of those illustrations in the lounge.

[ This Message was edited by: Ken Kanaka 2011-07-28 10:53 ]

View Profile of Ken Kanaka Send a personal message to Ken Kanaka  Goto the website of Ken Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderVic'sPDX
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-28 11:35 am   Permalink

As a reminder to all, the Grand Opening is scheduled for Monday. However, we actually are opening to the public tonight (in "soft opening" mode). Doors WERE scheduled to open at 3:00 today but, as of a few hours ago, we now ARE going to open at 5:00 today - Sunday. If you'd like to have dinner, we recommend setting up a reservation through Open Table or the good old-fashioned electronic speaking device.

The Grand Opening is Monday and doors open at 3:00. Those who are there when the doors open will get a little special treatment. The Facebook page is the best place for breaking news on that, but I'll saunter over here as well.

View Profile of TraderVic'sPDX Send a personal message to TraderVic'sPDX  Email TraderVic'sPDX Goto the website of TraderVic'sPDX     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 8:22 pm   Permalink

big fan of Portland. Must go soon

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:32 pm   Permalink

Tossed a few back at Vic's tonight with some friends... the place is amazing! Can't wait to go back!

Here's a couple pics of the tikis at the entrance.

View Profile of Lucky Jackson Send a personal message to Lucky Jackson  Goto the website of Lucky Jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 11:57 am   Permalink

Those big guys look cool. They could use some big planters with tall bamboo behind them, or similar tropical greenery.

Here's one more photo of the various Tiki textures inside:

I am looking forward to pics from the grand opening tomorrow!

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2011-07-28 22:32, Lucky Jackson wrote:

The Tikis provide a nice street presence, similar to the Trader Vics @ LA Live.

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2011-07-31 12:02 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mahalo Joe

Posted: 2011-07-31 7:29 pm   Permalink

...SO glad to welcome and be welcomed by the new PORTLAND Trader Vic's! A wonderful cast of Tiki-folks who did many things 'right' in preparing their foray back into the city, congrats!

...not as good as Sven's or others posted, but here's a few snaps taken before the Nelson's Blood overwrought my own:
http://bit.ly/TVinPDXopening

...One thing to note: T.V.'s PDX might wish to follow rather than lead the charge to proclaim August 'Tiki Month' here in PDX...it's JULY! In July we have our long-established TIKI KON weekender (featuring the Original Home Tiki Bar Tour) --> http://bit.ly/TikiKonMasons and http://bit.ly/TikiKonSunday, and also Elroy Artspace gallery's annual TIKI ART SHOW! --> http://bit.ly/ScootikiElroy

Welcome Home to PDX, T.V.'s -- you've been missed!

View Profile of Mahalo Joe Send a personal message to Mahalo Joe  Goto the website of Mahalo Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation